FISHOLA is a smartphone application allowing you to inform your fishing trips and your catches on the great alpine lakes (Léman, Annecy, Bourget and Aiguebelette lakes). By providing this information you participate in understanding and preserving the lakes but also in knowing the fishing leisure and its practice.
FISHOLA is also a participatory science project which allows to collect essential information for a better fishery management but also for research purposes on lake fish communities. All the data collected is analyzed by scientists in order to better understand the evolution of lake fish populations in the face of global changes. The data collected will also make it possible to best adapt fishing regulations for the sustainable management of fish populations. The FISHOLA application is not a fishing control tool.
• View your personal fishing history
• Follow your personal records
FISHOLA integrates the following functionalities:
• Information on the duration of your fishing to obtain an index of abundance of populations (these are the CPUE = catches per unit of effort, essential for good fishery management).
• Geolocation of all catches, which will allow global studies of the distribution of fish in relation to the environmental conditions of the lake.
• Addition of photos for morphological studies of fish caught and an indicator of bite marks by predators (pike, cormorant, etc.).
• Information of weather data and various observations concerning catches.
• Possibility of taking scales that will allow scientists to determine the age of the fish and their growth.
• Links to files concerning the biology of the main species caught and the regulations specific to each lake.