BPVNY, the 100% practical app that helps you prepare and enjoy your trip to New York!
I created this app as an extension of my blog https://www.bons-plans-voyage-new-york.com/
You will find there all the useful information to organize your stay but also to make your life on site easier.
Passionate about the city of New York where I go regularly and of which I have become a specialist over the years, I have been sharing my discoveries and good tips since 2008 on my blog (the forum and the associated social networks), my mobile app and my paper guide (GO New York).
I also created the travel agency https://www.voyage-en-francais.fr/new-york which organizes French-speaking guided tours and tourist activities in New York.
What does the BPVNY app offer?
The BPVNY app is above all a map of New York on which you can geolocate yourself in real time (thanks to GPS) without needing to be connected to the internet. The app does indeed work offline, allowing you to use it without ever consuming your phone plan (meaning the app will work even if you're in airplane mode!).
The map has several hundred handpicked points of interest. You also have the possibility to create a list of favourites, and even to add your own points of interest on the map!
The BPVNY app is also:
- Articles on all the things to know before leaving and once there
- Official metro and bus maps (accessible with a simple touch!)
- Standard schedules to help you plan and organize your activities
- A schedule editor (with the ability to create and save multiple schedules)
- The list of reservations to remember before leaving (with links to the various reservation portals)
- A tip calculator (for the taxi, the restaurant, etc.)
- A tax calculator (for shopping)
- A € - $ conversion tool
- Checklists to be sure not to forget anything before departure (with the possibility of creating your own checklists)
- A French-English conversation guide
- An I love BPVNY poster (to wink at the BPVNY community!)
Naturally, the app will continue to grow over time and will always offer more services to meet the needs of as many people as possible.
Do not hesitate to send me your comments and suggestions for improvement!
Author: Alexandre Vendé
Developers: Corentin Laroque (iOS), Romain Benmansour (Android), Clément Tissier (backend, iOS and Android), Harold Fritsch (backend).