Sweat & Toil: Child Labor, Forced Labor, and Human Trafficking Around the World is a comprehensive resource developed by the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) documenting child labor and forced labor worldwide. Data and research in this app are taken from USDOL’s three flagship reports: Findings on the Worst Forms of Child Labor; List of Goods Produced by Child Labor or Forced Labor; and List of Products Produced by Forced or Indentured Child Labor. This app fits these three information-packed reports the size of a phone book in the palm of your hand. With this app you can:
• Check countries’ efforts to eliminate child labor
• Find child labor data
• Browse goods produced with child labor or forced labor
• Review laws and ratifications
• See what governments can to do end child labor
• Browse USDOL’s projects to combat child labor and forced labor.
Using this app can be a starting point to empower yourself with knowledge about child labor or forced labor around the world. Anyone with an interest in these issues – governments, businesses, academics, civil society, consumers – can use it as a source of information to begin asking questions, taking action, and demanding change.