★ Application contains more than 175 cameras (live images, webcams, CCTV)!
Cameras are grouped in groups so you can find cameras you need fast.
Some of the groups are:
Missouri, KC Scout, I-35
Missouri, KC Scout, I-435
Missouri, KC Scout, I-70
Missouri, KC Scout, Other
Missouri, St Louis
Missouri, St. Louis, I-170
Missouri, St. Louis, I-44
Missouri, St. Louis, I-55
Missouri, St. Louis, I-64
Missouri, St. Louis, I-70
Missouri, St. Louis, Other
Missouri, St. Louis, RT-100
Cameras are mostly traffic but we have other types of cameras as well.
You can search for a group, or for camera inside selected group.
✔ App have widgets for cameras, so you can place some of the cameras you use the most on your home screen.
✔ You can play/stop/change camera directly from your home screen.
✔ You can mark cameras as favorite for fast access when you need it later.
✔ You can take image from any of camera with share button. Image will be saved on your SD Card and you can share it with any app that can share images.
✔ You can choose between 5 color schemes (Menu->Colors)
• A zoomable, scrollable map-based display.
• Current traffic speeds and closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images in six metro areas (Council Bluffs, Des Moines, Iowa City/Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities, Sioux City, and Waterloo/Cedar Falls).
• Electronic roadway sign messages.
• Commercial vehicle restriction information.
• Highway rest area locations on map.
• Real-time updates on road conditions, road work, construction, and road closures.
• List view of incidents, road work, road conditions, and rest areas.
The Iowa 511 app reports information for interstates, U.S. routes and state highways in Iowa. It does not include information for county roads or city streets.
Remember, the primary responsibility of every driver is the safe operation of his/her vehicle. Iowa law prohibits all persons from using a handheld electronic communication device to write, send or read a text message while driving a motor vehicle. Teen drivers with restricted licenses are prohibited from using any electronic communication or entertainment device while driving. While traveling, mobile communication devices should be used only when the motor vehicle is at a complete stop off the traveled portion of the roadway. Do not text and drive (it's the law) or use this app while driving.
We welcome your feedback on this app. Please send your suggestions, questions or bugs in an email to 511Feedback@dot.iowa.gov.
1) A zoomable, scrollable map-based display
2) TravelWise alerts
3) Current trafﬁc conditions on Utah’s freeways and major surface streets
4) Lists of accidents, road construction activities, and other hazards
5) Special events that affect trafﬁc (sports events, etc.)
6) Current road weather conditions and road weather forecasts
7) Seasonal road closure status
8) Closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images
9) Electronic roadway sign messages
UDOT's Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) uses technology to save lives, time, and money. It is a computer-controlled system designed to monitor and manage trafﬁc ﬂow on freeways and major surface streets. System components include CCTV cameras, electronic roadway signs, trafﬁc speed and volume sensors, pavement sensors, and weather sensors.