1) A zoomable, scrollable map-based display
2) TravelWise alerts
3) Current trafﬁc conditions on Utah’s freeways and major surface streets
4) Lists of accidents, road construction activities, and other hazards
5) Special events that affect trafﬁc (sports events, etc.)
6) Current road weather conditions and road weather forecasts
7) Seasonal road closure status
8) Closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images
9) Electronic roadway sign messages
UDOT's Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) uses technology to save lives, time, and money. It is a computer-controlled system designed to monitor and manage trafﬁc ﬂow on freeways and major surface streets. System components include CCTV cameras, electronic roadway signs, trafﬁc speed and volume sensors, pavement sensors, and weather sensors.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
The Virginia 511 mobile application is the official source for traffic information from the Virginia Department of Transportation. A map based interface provides access to current and future road work, current incidents and traffic speeds, winter road conditions, scheduled bridge openings, and other events across the state. In addition, over 800 live video feeds are available to view in real-time from the state's roadside traffic cameras, with the ability to swipe to quickly move between cameras along a roadway.
The information, which is regularly and automatically updated from VDOT sources, is provided to the user both visually on the map, as well as through available voice alerts. The user can select basic mode, which limits visual feedback, and automatically provides voice alerts for upcoming events (in the next 5-15 miles) as the user travels down the road without interfacing with the device.
Current travel times are available for many pre-defined routes throughout the state, including all interstates and select primary routes. The user can select favorites from the list to view frequently traveled routes quickly and easily. A searchable list of road conditions is also available to view winter conditions, flooding impacts and other weather-related events for all interstate, primary and secondary routes maintained by VDOT throughout the state.
A “Reach The Beach” feature helps beach-goers by providing the latest travel times for multiple routes to and from Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks. As the user approaches a key decision point, the voice feature of the application will tell the user what the current travel times are from that point to the chosen destination via various options. When leaving the beach, the user can chose from one of four “Home “ destinations of Richmond, Fredericksburg, Skippers or Chesapeake.
Real-time commuting information is available for commuters along the I-95/395 corridor in Northern Virginia through the application. This feature includes a map with real-time traffic speeds along the I-95/395 HOV lanes, as well as real-time status of VRE trains. Detailed information is also provided on the map for PRTC commuter bus routes and schedules as well as available park and ride lots along the corridor. A trip planner is provided for travel time and speed comparisons between the regular and HOV lanes for user-selected origins and destinations along the corridor. The trip planner also provides the real-time VRE schedules and the scheduled options along the PRTC bus routes.
Finally, access to VDOT's 511 Twitter feeds is also provided, with tweets on traffic incidents available statewide or for specific regions or corridors.
*** For California and Oregon only: more states coming soon ***
Road Conditions 1.0 is a free, full featured reference guide to the latest road conditions in the state you select. Quickly find out which roads are safe to travel, are closed, or are having traffic/roadwork issues for which an alternate route would be best. Keep you and your family safe by knowing in advance which roads are safe or dangerous to travel!
- Ability to browse or search for a road by state
- Visually browse for rest areas
- Mark favorite roads for easy reference
Our system updates road condition data from the state's Department of Transportation's website every two minutes. Road Conditions is intended for informational purposes only, not as a life-saving application. Use at your own risk. It is not intended as a replacement for common sense or standard precautions. Road Conditions and Let There Be Light Innovations assumes no responsibility for damages caused by the use of, the lack of the use of, the unavailability of, or the falsity of the information provided by this application. Please consult the website of the state you're travelling in for more information about current road conditions and roads safety.
Let There Be Light Innovations
Road Conditions was created by Let There Be Light Innovations. Please visit online at ltbli.com. We value your feedback and input.
With the MapQuest app, you can:
• Get voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation for walking or driving directions.
• Have peace of mind knowing we’re using the latest traffic data. Live traffic updates and automatic re-routing will help you get there on time.
• Choose from up to three different driving routes (when available) to get you to your destination most efficiently. We’ll take traffic, road closures, and more into account so you can choose the most optimal route.
• Impress your boss, family, and friends with an on-time arrival with our ETA (estimated time of arrival) and location sharing features.
• Bookmark your home and work addresses so you can find your way to either at the push of a button.
• Quickly search for nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like coffee, restaurants, gas, and more with our industry-first layers bar!
• Advanced search uses your contacts, recent searches, top categories, and nearby points of interest to help you find your destination faster.
• Save a few bucks when you click on nearby gas stations and view and compare their current gas prices.
• Find a place to rest your head. Explore the area and book a nearby hotel directly from the app!
• Show your team spirit with MLB.com Team Kits, available for purchase in-app, custom logos, start screen, accent colors and saved routes to the game ensure your navigation app is as die-hard as you are!
Join the millions of people that have already downloaded the free MapQuest app as their own personal navigator.
Named amongst the top 5 traffic apps to change your commute, Beat the Traffic is available for US and Canada. The sleek crowd-sourced traffic app makes your drive easier.
Opt in for real-time traffic push notifications or email specific to your routes.
See an incident? Report it to fellow drivers with the “shake to report” feature. For full app functionality, register a free account and personalize your app with routes and trips that matter to you.
- Full map view with real-time traffic flow, cameras and incidents
- Create a trip, for at-a-glance personalized traffic info on one screen
- Opt in for real-time traffic push notifications or email
- Share incidents with other commuters. ‘Shake to report’ allows your passenger to simply shake your device to report an incident along your route – notifying other drivers with images, etc.
- Regular route is the best recommended route for you. A ‘Smart Route’ will appear if we see that there is a better route available based on time and road conditions
Beat the Traffic is continually working to give you the best daily traffic app.
Send your feedback anytime to: firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d love to hear from you!
Like us on Facebook and follow us @BeatTheTraffic on Twitter.
Take advantage of real-time traffic information to plan your trips
– Locate free-moving and congested routes through green-orange-red colour coded maps, as well as road closures and all traffic information.
– Choose a route to avoid time-wasting traffic jams!
With MICHELIN Navigation, stay calm and safe with a GPS navigation system offering simplified ergonomics:
– All Michelin route options: Michelin recommended, shortest, discovery route…as well as journey costs with toll fees included
– Schematic and uncluttered presentation of directions
– Simple and non-intrusive voice guidance
– Hazard areas and real-time traffic incidents (traffic jams, roadworks, slow moving traffic, information on traffic conditions and flow on roads, motorways and ring roads, including closures…)
– Speed limits on continuous display with visual speeding alerts
– Free GPS with maximum readability
Stay in the know in real-time, even on familiar routes, with the community alert option
The Alert mode is a location tracking system enhanced to receive alerts while you focus on your driving:
– Uncluttered presentation
– Over 30,000 speed cameras in Europe
– Speed limits continuously displayed
– Visual alerts when speed limits are exceeded
Take advantage of alerts shared by other drivers to avoid any surprises!
– And you, too, can share traffic and incident updates on your route: hazard zones, speed cameras, traffic jams, road works, accidents
Together, the road becomes safer.
Let’s take the best route together…
Note: traffic information available for Europe and England (traffic for London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Northampton...)
MICHELIN Mobility Apps
Take the smart road with the MICHELIN App Collection
Discover a package of free interconnected applications that enable you to better monitor and manage your journeys:
-Maintain your tyres and your vehicle:
oMICHELIN MyCar (tips on checking and maintaining your vehicule)
-Drive more safely:
oMICHELIN Navigation (guidance and traffic information in real-time) oViaMichelin (mapping and route planning)
-Make the most of your mobility:
oMICHELIN Hotels (real-time booking)
oMICHELIN Restaurants (restaurant search and booking)
oMICHELIN Travel (the wealth of tourist information from the Green Guide)
• Enter some basic information about your commute and we’ll notify you 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure with our informative notifications.
• If you’re commuting outside of your scheduled times or want to get a read on your route, you can check current conditions anytime by simply opening the app. It’s that easy!
• When your commute forecast looks grim or you have extra stops to make, Commute links directly to the MapQuest app for a more robust navigation experience. The MapQuest navigation app will help you find alternate routes, get voice-guided directions, or simply find a coffee shop along the way.
Download the simplest app for your daily commute!
Have feedback for our development team? Contact us at: email@example.com
- Zoomable Google map with selectable event icons
- Winter road conditions
- Traffic incidents
- Roadwork and construction
- Current traffic speeds
- Roadside camera images
Learn about Minnesota's Law on wireless communication devices in vehicles at https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=169.475
Valid for Singapore only.
Tested from Gingerbread 2.3.6, ICS 4.0.4 to KitKat 4.4.
Please let me know if you have any errors. Thanks!
“Life saver! Increased my number of deliveries by 40%”
“Off the chain.... as a Fedex Ground Contractor this helps TREMENDOUSLY!”
“For Hustlers: The Best App Money Can Buy “
Are You a Road Warrior?
Road Warrior is a reliable route planning app designed for the traveling professional. Road Warrior makes it easy for you to plan your daily route, schedule stops, and prioritize your daily deliveries based on destination and client availability. The routing software adjusts to real-time road conditions, equipping you with the most optimized route available.
Who Are Our Road Warriors?
• Couriers (e.g. FedEx, UPS, DHL, independents)
• LTL Carriers
• Delivery Drivers
• Sales Reps
• Insurance Agents
• Small Business Owners
Create Effective Daily Routes
• Plan daily driving routes with multiple stop destinations (8 free, 120 pro).
• Optimize your route stops based on driving, biking, or walking (daily: 50 free, 500 pro).
• Flawless integration to 3rd party navigation apps (GMaps, Waze, Sygic, Navigon).
• Adjust route plan in seconds with manual drag & drop ease.
• Round trip option enables you to create closed loop routes.
• Add time windows so you arrive during open hours.
• Track your route activity with check-ins.
Share, Search, Filter Your Routes
• Share your routes plans with email or text.
• Add new addresses quickly with the auto-complete search bar.
• Search for new addresses from the web, previously saved locations, or your contacts.
• Filter saved destinations by #hashtags makes planning your daily route easier.
Upload, Download Your Routes (PRO only)
• Simple instructions available here: http://ablog.roadwarriorllc.com/upload/
The Professional upgrade unlocks premium features of Road Warrior 2.0. Pro users will enjoy the ability to optimize routes with extended number of stops, as well as higher limits for search and total optimized stops per day. Road Warrior Pro is now available for $5 per month. Your time is worth it.
Compare BASIC vs PRO version at: http://ablog.roadwarriorllc.com/gopro/
Road Map for Future Versions
Version 2.0: Professional Upgrade.
• Web Version (6-12 months)
• iOS Version (3-4 weeks)
Version 3.0: Team Road Warrior
A user guide is available at: http://ablog.roadwarriorllc.com/gettingstarted/.
Road Warrior requires Google Maps and Google Play to be installed and up to date. If you encounter any problems with the app, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Geeks Only
Road Warrior solves one of the most complex challenges known to computer science, the Traveling Salesman Problem (TSP, TSPTW). Road Warrior elegantly solves the TSP with a custom genetic algorithm specifically tailored for the mobile professional. This type of productivity software is has been used by large transportation companies (FedEx, UPS) for decades to optimize routes for high levels of efficiency. For the first time ever, this powerful software is made available to Android users.
- Ability for users to set alerts for any county or counties they choose, up to every county in the state. When the travel status in a selected county is changed, the user will receive an alert notification.
- Weather conditions for each county. Tapping on a county will display the temperature and an icon with the current conditions.
- Contact information for county emergency management agencies, which are responsible for the status updates.
The State reports data provided by county Emergency Management Agencies (EMAs). Some counties only update data when there has been a change in status and do not reaffirm that everything is ‘Normal.’
For example, County X may not have had any travel emergencies since June and has remained in the ‘Normal’ category the entire time, since the status has not changed, there has been nothing to update. The next time there is a county-level emergency impacting travel, the status is changed by the county EMA and is reflected in the app.
Other sources of travel conditions should also be consulted, including local news, travel, weather and social media sites and apps.
This app provides you with live updates about traffic incidents and access to live traffic cameras from the Transport Management Centre (TMC).
• Latest traffic information for Sydney and Regional NSW including incidents, major events, fires, floods, alpine conditions and roadworks.
• Access to live traffic cameras with images updated every 60 seconds.
• View incidents and cameras near your current location using maps or in a text list.
• Save your favourite routes, and set up scheduled alerts to notify you of incidents on your routes.
• View current travel times for M1, M2, M4 and M7.
• Save your favourite cameras for quick access, and swipe between them to check traffic conditions before you start your journey.
• Listen to text to speech driver alerts
The Transport Management Centre (TMC) monitors and manages the 18,000km NSW State road network 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The TMC uses advanced monitoring, communication and traffic management systems to respond to and clear traffic incidents as quickly as possible, improve consistency of journey times, and provide the public with quality up-to-date information.
Our aim is to help motorists make the best possible travel decisions that will, in turn, contribute to the safe and efficient management of our roads.
We're committed to ensuring that Live Traffic NSW meets the needs of travellers in NSW, and your feedback is essential. If you have any ideas, suggestions for improvement or questions about the app, please contact us by using the feedback form within the app.
• A zoom-enabled map with traffic event icons that can be selected.
• Real-time updates on winter road conditions, traffic incidents, road work, construction, and road closures.
• Current traffic speeds and closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images in select cities (Ames, Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Council Bluffs, Des Moines, Iowa City, Quad Cities, Sioux City, and Waterloo) and across the state.
• Electronic roadway sign messages.
• Highway rest area locations.
The primary responsibility of every driver is the safe operation of his/her vehicle. Iowa law prohibits all persons from using a handheld electronic communication device to write, send or read a text message while driving a motor vehicle. Teen drivers with restricted licenses are prohibited from using any electronic communication or entertainment device while driving. While traveling, mobile communication devices should be used only when the motor vehicle is at a complete stop off the traveled portion of the roadway. Do not text and drive (it's the law) or use this app while driving.
We welcome your feedback on this app. Please send your suggestions, questions or bugs in an email to 511Feedback@dot.iowa.gov.
App developed by Castle Rock Associates http://www.crc-corp.com/
You can quickly switch to Yandex.Maps from within the app.
You can also receive current traffic information for a optimal route (in Moscow and Ukraine only).
The widget is available in three sizes: 1x1, 1x2 and 2x2.
You can select your town and specify the information update frequency in the settings menu. You can also plot and find out traffic conditions for a optimal route in Moscow or anywhere in Ukraine (beta version).