*** What's New ***
Check out the new “What’s New” tab to learn more about the latest campaign resources:
- “Talk. They Hear You.” Campaign Mobile App
- “What Parents Are Saying” Podcast
- “Parents’ Night Out” Educational Sessions
- Student Assistance Program (SAP) Webinar Series
Check out the new “Screen4Success” tab to learn more about Screen4Success, the campaign’s latest tool to help parents and caregivers better understand the health, wellness, and wellbeing of their children.
Check out the new “Settings” tab , which allows you to:
- Turn your notifications on/off
- View your practice and talk achievement badges
- Access the app overview
Parents and caregivers have a significant influence on whether their kids drink alcohol or use other drugs – the sooner you talk to your kids about underage drinking and other drug use, the greater chance you have of influencing their decisions. SAMHSA’s “Talk. They Hear You” mobile app makes it easier than ever for parents and caregivers to prepare for these important conversations and continue them as their kids get older. While the app is geared toward parents and caregivers of children under the age of 21, it is also designed to help prepare communities to implement and promote the campaign locally and educators to engage student assistance professionals, school leaders, and families in supporting the needs of students who may be struggling with substance use, mental health, or school-related issues.
- A convenient way for parents and caregivers, educators, and communities to get informed, be prepared, and take action to prevent underage drinking and other drug use.
- Every situations and tips that can be used as opportunities to talk with your kids about underage drinking and other drug use
- Interactive practice simulation
--- Practice bringing up the topic of alcohol and other drugs
--- Record your practice talks and then listen to them to help hone your skills
--- Hear what your child might say and practice how you would respond
--- Learn ways to keep the conversation going
- Badge rewards given each time you practice or have an actual conversation with your child! Can you get the platinum badge?
- Informative, shareable, and downloadable resources, including videos, fact sheets, brochures, infographics, guides/toolkits, and more.