Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
There are 8 categories of attractions: Beaches, Fun for Kids, Gardens, General Attractions, Museums and Galleries, Parks, Pools, and Seattle Center. Hospitals and Police Precinct categories are also included in case users need medical help or require help from law enforcement.
Information about an attraction includes opening hours (if any), admission/ticket price information (if any) and a brief summary of an attraction.
Directions from the user’s current location to the attraction can be found with just a few button taps. A button on an attraction’s information page opens Google Maps and fills out the “Destination From” and “Destination To” fields. The user simply chooses their preferred method of travel (vehicle, transit, bicycle, or on foot). To get directions, ensure that your phone’s GPS and wireless networks are enabled.
In essence, “Seattle for Tourists and Washingtonians” gathers and cuts down on a user’s search time for Seattle’s best attractions and information about that attraction by delivering data user’s will most likely want (hours, admission, and summary) and provides directions to the attraction with a few button taps.
This application was built for the Evergreen Apps 2012 competition. www.evergreenapps.org
Are you looking for mouth-watering deals in cafe near you? Want to book an appointment at your nearest spa? Searching for shopping malls closer to you? Or simply just go through the latest gadgets up for sale? Use this free app to conveniently search for places to eat, shop, relax, and get amazing deals, all around you. Since it's location-based, you'll be able to find whatever you want near you, with maps for your convenience. Findit helps you with best deals, discount offers, rating and reviews and directions of restaurants, beauty salon, spa, and other businesses in your neighborhood.
Download the FindIt app now and start discovering the places around you like never before!
★ Application contains more than 600 cameras (live images, webcams, CCTV)!
Cameras are grouped in groups so you can find cameras you need fast.
(Seattle, Spokane, Bellingham, Bellingham, Mount Vernon & Stanwood, Olympia,
Ferry Cameras, Airports, Canadian Border, Vancouver area...)
Cameras are mostly traffic but we have other types of cameras as well.
You can search for a group, or for camera inside selected group.
✔ App have widgets for cameras, so you can place some of the cameras you use the most on your home screen.
✔ You can play/stop/change camera directly from your home screen.
✔ You can mark cameras as favorite for fast access when you need it later.
✔ You can take image from any of camera with share button. Image will be saved on your SD Card and you can share it with any app that can share images.
✔ You can choose between 5 color schemes (Menu->Colors)
OUR CITY GUIDES ARE DIFFERENT:
✓ Curated by Seattle locals, selected by us
✓ Seattle insider tips, not "highlights"
✓ 100% offline - not Internet required
✓ Always up-to-date and up-to-season
✓ New tips regularly - free updates "for life"!
✓ Detailed offline full city maps
✓ Regular updates & new Seattle tips
✓ Save & show favorite spots on the map
For a list of up tips currently included, please check our Seattle online city guide.
"A useful series of locally written travel guides”
"Authentically local, on-the-ground advice”
"To put it simply: awesome"
"Local tips rarely found in the guidebook"
"The inside track from city loving locals"
This app covers the most popular sightseeing highlights--from the tippy-top of the Space Needle to the cobweb-hung alleys on the Underground Tour. It features the best-known museums and attractions, as well as the city's parks, theater companies, sports teams, memorable places to eat, and oddball local icons (meet The Troll).
Attractions appeal to all interests--from family favorites to historical sights, mountain hikes to wine tastings. Users can search listings by name, neighborhood, or cost. Descriptions convey the feel of each locale--as well as practical details such as hours and admission fees. Get a sneak peak before you go--with gorgeous photos not available anywhere else.
Author Risa Wyatt is both a Seattleite--and a globetrotting travel journalist (50+ countries) for more than 20 years. Her honest, witty reviews point you to places that match your interests.
For travelers, Seattle *Essential* highlights the best the city offers. If you live in Seattle, you'll gain new appreciation for places you take for granted… and inspiration to visit places you've been meaning to see for years.
Seattle *Essential* includes:
• Best attractions: More than 170 listings cover the must-see sights. Destinations come alive with vivid descriptions and fascinating facts.
• FREE attractions: More than 50 places to go and things to do that won't cost you nada, zilch, a penny.
• Hidden Gems: Even long-time Seattleites may not know these secret places--Japanese gardens, historic movie theaters, and designer clothes consignment boutiques.
• Exciting Photos: See each locale before you visit. Every location is illustrated with photos (nearly 1,000 total in this version--with more to come!).
• Insider Tips: Free tours, free museum hours, even free sails on Lake Union--this app shares them all.
• Best restaurants--in all price ranges: Seattle is an acronym for "Let's eat!" Author/creator Risa Wyatt writes about food and wine for magazines such as Wine Enthusiast. She believes every meal should offer great food--and value for the money.
• Wine Tasting Recommendations: A guide to the best wine bars in Seattle--and best tasting rooms at Woodinville wineries.
• Special Sections--Getting Outdoors! The hottest destinations--and coolest escapes--for summer or winter.
• GPS Maps & Directions: Get where you want to go fast. The app includes Google maps--plus walking and driving directions--plus taxi fares for each entry.
• Special introductory price--Just $1.99! And you'll get free updates every few months with additional listings and improved technology.
Seattle *Essential* is:
• Easy-to-Use: You can sort by name, category, neighborhood, cost, or distance from your location.
• Fast & Convenient: With one touch you can telephone places or load their websites.
• Interactive: What are your own favorite Seattle places, hidden oases, and don't-miss attractions? Share your ideas with the new get-a-response-from-us comment support.
★ About the Author ★
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
For Seattle and every airport (2500+) you get:
+Live Arrival and Departure boards
+Google Flights and Google Hotel Finder results displayed
+Food and restaurants
Seattle Tacoma Airport (Sea-Tac) is the major international airport in the Northwest and the largest airport in the state of Washington. The app provides you with the information you need to navigate this beautiful airport and to take advantage of its many amenities. This app provides complete information including parking, food and restaurants, arrival and departure boards, terminal maps, directions and more.
No other app provides as much information on Seattle Airport--useful information you need to make the most of your time at the airport.
Airport lets you know if your flights delayed or cancelled and gives you the tools needed to quickly find an alternate flight and rebook all in one place.
Check-in, flight status, baggage, seats, for your flight all at your fingertips.
Using Airport Finder we include airports in San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Honolulu, Portland, Sacramento, San Jose and all the airports of the world.
The ultimate solution to find the VERY cheapest Hotel in Seattle (USA).
Seattle is a coastal seaport city and the seat of King County, in the U.S. state of Washington. With an estimated 634,535 residents as of 2012, Seattle is the largest city in the Pacific Northwest region of North America and one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States. The Seattle metropolitan area of around 4 million inhabitants is the 15th largest metropolitan area in the nation. The city is situated on a narrow isthmus between Puget Sound (an inlet of the Pacific Ocean) and Lake Washington, about 100 miles (160 km) south of the Canada–United States border. A major gateway for trade with Asia, Seattle is the 8th largest port in the United States and 9th largest in North America in terms of container handling.
The Seattle area had been inhabited by Native Americans for at least 4,000 years before the first permanent European settlers. Arthur A. Denny and his group of travelers, subsequently known as the Denny Party, arrived at Alki Point on November 13, 1851. The settlement was moved to its current site and named "Seattle" in 1853, after Chief Si'ahl of the local Duwamish and Suquamish tribes.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Use a map to select your pick-up location, and track the location of your taxi.
Receive notification alerts about the status of your booking, and when your taxi arrives.
TAXI BOOKING FEATURES:
• Request a taxi right now, or select a future date and time for pick-up.
• Don’t know your location? - Send the taxi to your current GPS position.
• You can also tap a location on a map, or type in a pick-up address.
• Save a pick-up address as a favorite, and use it for future bookings.
• Select booking options for your taxi (wheelchair accessible, pet-friendly,etc.)
• Send additional info the driver - type a message, up to 255 characters.
• A confirmation message lets you know your booking request was accepted.
• Push notifications alert you when your taxi is on the way, and when it has arrived.
• Display the current location of your taxi on a map.
• Cancel a booking.
• Display up to three previous bookings made with your mobile device.
• Tap a button to make a phone call to ORANGE CAB (if app is installed on a phone).
NOTE: If the Orange Cab application is installed on a tablet, the feature to call ORANGE CAB is disabled.
-Full menu access
-View past orders
-Access saved delivery addresses
-Restaurant location, hours and contact information
- See your relevant info without having to scroll through lists. Set it and forget it
- The same up to date, comprehensive info from the WSDOT, but in a much more mobile-friendly format
- Large bold fonts to quickly and easily see the info you care about
Each time you launch the app, it will refresh the data for all 4 screens. While running (visible), you will need to manually refresh the data (menu->refresh).
We welcome feature requests and suggestions
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
Gogobot's Seattle City Guide offers the best personalized guide to Seattle. Known for its seafood, coffee, and its famously wet weather, Seattle is a beautiful city nestled in the heart of the Puget Sound. No matter when you’re travelling to Seattle, some attractions are good rain or shine. First, go to Pikes Place Market, which has been a Seattle institution since 1907, making it one of the oldest farmer’s markets in the U.S. Afterwards, grab a plate of a classic Seattle dish, salmon and chips, at one of the many fish restaurants on the Seattle waterfront. For those unafraid of heights, take an elevator up the Space Needle, which has become a symbol of the Seattle skyline with its utterly unique flying-saucer-shaped observation deck located 520 feet above ground, offering views of the city and the looming Mt. Rainier in the distance. On sunny days, the ferry is a beautiful way to see the city, relax, and even possibly explore one of the islands in the Puget Sound. Outdoor activities are always abundant in Seattle with great hiking, water sports, and biking close by. Hotels can be found plentifully in downtown, but good deals also wait in the University District. With a definite northwestern, independent feel, Seattle is a perfect combination of nature and city making for the perfect getaway.
What users love about the Gogobot Seattle Travel Guide:
✓ EXPLORE Seattle to the fullest.
✓ PLAN your next trip easily and discover where friends have been!
✓ BOOK a hotel on the go with just a tap.
✓ CREATE stunning photo postcards and reviews of places you've visited.
✓ GET INSPIRED with postcards and reviews by friends and travelers like you
✓ JOIN a community of passionate travelers from around the world.
Gogobot Tribes are communities of travelers who share common interests. Are you a trail-blazing jet-setter with an adrenaline addiction? The Adventure Tribe may be for you. Feel at home in high-end hotels in exotic locations? Check out the Luxury Tribe for great tips. Always on top of the latest local hotspots? The Trendsters Tribe and Nightlife Tribe is where you'll find your groove. With 19 Tribes, and more on the way, travel advice has never been more personal!
Share your experiences with your friends. Turn your photos into digital postcards and customize them with filters to make them look beautiful. You can share your postcards with friends via Facebook, Twitter, email or SMS. You can also browse beautiful postcards from around the world on the "Featured" feed.
What users are saying:
“Love this app, love the idea of tapping into my Facebook friend network for travel tips. Also love making postcards :)” – Paul, Australia
"I used to use Frommer's and Lonely Planet - now I use Gogobot for my ultimate travel guide." – Erica, NYC
"If you like TripAdvisor, Gogobot will blow your mind" – Michael Arrington, TechCrunch
"Its like Yelp for travel!" - Connie, San Jose, CA