GPS Switzerland offers the following functions:
1) Display your location on a map or aerial photo of the Federal Office of Topography (swisstopo).
2) Representation of the Swiss hiking trails on a map or aerial view.
3) Search the map section by location, postcode, field name, address or coordinates.
4) Switch to other map scales (13 levels).
5) Display location data: longitude, latitude, altitude, speed, course.
6) Save maps in the browser cache and use them without internet.
7) Record waypoints and waypoint types and display them as symbols on the map.
8) Import / export waypoints and waypoint types as TXT files.
9) Import / export of waypoints and tracks as a GPX file.
10) Compass, if sensor is available.
11) Version for Windows 10 for convenient route planning on a PC.
12) Create waypoints with mouse clicks and connect to tracks.
13) Record tracks using GPS tracking.
14) Analysis of a track (altitude and speed profiles).
15) Ski and snowshoe routes, game rest areas and slopes over 30 °.
16) Two supported languages: German and French.
The free trial version now has all the functions of the full version except for backing up maps.