Forecasts are a bunch of ever-changing variables. The forecast for tomorrow might be different when you check it in the morning from when you check it at night. Sometimes you may forget to check the forecast, and a lot of times you may only care if it's going to rain.
How is this different to a regular weather forecast app?
With Wealert you will never have to consciously check the forecast anymore! Rather than you checking the forecast for a particular time, Wealert automatically alerts you based on time and thresholds.
For example: I want to be alerted every morning at 8am only if the probability of rain at 5pm is greater than 40%.
Wealert allows you to set schedules on when the forecast for a particular time should automatically be checked:
- Customize whether you would only like to receive notifications if a particular threshold is exceeded (e.g. rain probability is greater than 30%, or temperature is above 34 degrees).
- Customize where you want the forecasts to be based on.
- Customize the occurrence of forecasts (e.g. every Thursday, or specific date in the future)
- Customize how long before a time you want to schedule the check (e.g. 2 hours before 9AM).
Forecast data includes the following:
- Temperature (and apparent temperature)
- Precipitation (rain, snow, etc)
- Dew point
- Wind speed
- Wind bearing
- Cloud cover