Contactless e-Channel Mobile Application facilitates eligible Hong Kong residents to enrol Contactless e-Channel Service. After enrolment, Hong Kong residents can use an encrypted e-Channel QR code generated from their personal mobile phones to enter the contactless e-Channels. Inside the contactless e-Channels, they may simply look at the camera from the marked location to perform facial verification through the system. The immigration clearance is subsequently conducted. During the process, there will be no need to touch shared equipment viz. the fingerprint scanner.
Contactless e-Channels would enable members of the public to reduce contact with shared equipment during self-service immigration clearance; while providing faster, more convenient and hygienic immigration clearance service.
Enrolment of Contactless e-Channel Service via Contactless e-Channel Mobile Application:
● Use mobile device with biometric authentication functions enabled to download and install the contactless e-Channel mobile application and the "智方便 iAM Smart" app
● Register and activate "iAM Smart"
● Open the contactless e-Channel mobile application and select enrolment
● Wait for the identity verification via "iAM Smart" after reading the statement and submitting the application
● Perform mobile phone built-in biometric authentication to complete the enrolment upon successful identity verification
● Generate e-Channel QR code for immigration clearance via the contactless e-Channels once the above steps are completed
● Consent of your parent or guardian is required if you are aged from 11 to 17.
● Using Immigration Department Mobile Application, data transmission fees may be incurred for transmitting data through mobile devices. You are suggested keeping track of data usage from time to time.