You can search with the Conscious Consumer app for household chemicals, food and certified eco products that are less harmful to the environment and your health.
- Product data sheets accessible by barcode scanning
- Reviews, recommendations
- Challenges to take on
- Save favourites
- Share product data sheets on social media
The app helps to find out the environmental and health impact of household cleaning products. All products have been evaluated using a uniform methodology developed by experts.
Products are sorted into three categories. The best-rated product in a given product group is always rated green, while the weakest is always rated red.
If the product has a reliable third-party eco-label certification, it is given a better rating than other products with the same or similar substances.
The app and the chemical database is supported by the European Union LIFE fund and co-financed by the Ministry of Agriculture. ENV GIE HU000622 Green&Safe LIFE-styles.
The food section helps you to find the foods that:
- Are free from palm oil or any other ingredient made from oil palm because their production endangers wildlife.
- Their ingredients come from fair trade, where the workers are respected.
- They are certified organic, produced with less impact on the environment.
- They are certified vegan.
The app's food database was developed with the financial support of the European Union. #GoEAThical - OurFood.OurFuture project.
The eco products part of the app helps you find products that have verifiably a smaller impact on the planet. Products are certified as environmentally friendly by independent certification bodies.
This means that
- The negative environmental impact of the product is significantly lower than that of similar products,
- The environmental criteria that a product must meet are laid down in legislation or in a framework drawn up in advance by experts,
- The criteria are constantly monitored by independent experts and cannot be changed by the industry only,
- The verification and certification is carried out by an independent certification body.
The eco products section was supported by the Ministry of Agriculture.
The content of the app is the sole responsibility of the Association of Conscious Consumers and does not in any way reflect the views of its donors.