This is a dedicated app that supports the estimated weather distribution of the Japan Meteorological Agency.
The estimated weather distribution, which was launched by the Japan Meteorological Agency on March 15, 2016, was quickly responded (on March 19).
Like a thermograph, it features a "plane" display of the temperature distribution of the Japanese archipelago.
It is very intuitive compared to the conventional AMeDAS, which is displayed as a set of "point" data of observation points all over Japan.
You can visually understand that the mountainous areas of Hokkaido and Honshu are more mellow than other areas. You can also see that the Okinawa region is a warm tropical country.
Similarly, the weather (sunny, cloudy, rain) is also represented by color distribution, so you can intuitively understand how the front moves from west to east.
It also supports the sunshine distribution.
[How to use]
(1) Open the menu that can be opened from the hamburger icon (≡) on the upper left of the screen (lower left if the screen is turned sideways), and select the area.
From within each region, you can go further to the enlarged map of each prefecture.
(2) Time-series movement is possible by simply sliding the slider at the bottom of the screen by tracing it with your finger to the left or right.
● To the past (slide to the left)
● To the present (slide to the right)
(3) You can switch between temperature ⇄ weather ⇄ sunshine by swiping the screen or using the button on the upper right.
(If the screen is turned sideways, the temperature, weather, and sunshine will be displayed at the same time.)
Japan Meteorological Agency: Estimated meteorological distribution
Japan Meteorological Agency: You will be able to understand detailed weather conditions-Start of providing "estimated weather distribution"-