Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion - an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character lookups, from a company with 15 years' experience making mobile Chinese learning software.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries - CC-CEDICT and our in-house "PLC" dictionary - that between them cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin; 18 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. ($)
• Fullscreen handwriting input: use the entire width of your device's screen to draw characters. Very accurate, with an engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. (basic version free, enhanced version $)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker Mandarin audio recording of each Chinese dictionary headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (single-syllable free, multi $)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device's microphone. (free)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. ($)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through "Share" and in other documents through the clipboard. (free)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order, search, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display.
• Cantonese: display headwords + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization. (free) We also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons. ($)
• Tablet-friendly: includes a 2-panel (results + definition together) interface that's perfect for tablets.
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We've been making Chinese dictionary apps since 2000, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 15 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users, too - people who bought the Oxford dictionary from us on a Palm Pilot in 2001 can still use that dictionary on their brand new Android phone in 2015 without even having to pay an upgrade fee. You can be confident we'll be fixing bugs and adding features for many years to come.
Paid add-ons can be transferred to another device like any other paid app; load the free version of Pleco on your new device, go into "Add-ons" and tap "Restore Purchases."
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for upgrade / license transfer options.
* New: Support for Anki 2.0 (AnkiDroid)
* New: Text to speech support. Just install the eSpeak TTS engine and get audio pronunciation for hanzi (free) or compounds (premium only).
Premium features available: search by reading/meaning, compound search, favorites and history. You can upgrade form within the application (Settings->Upgrade to premium), no need to download a separate application.
Premium upgrade price: around $3.99 (varies slightly by location/exchange rate. Press the 'Upgrade' button to display the Android Market dialog with the current price).
Just draw a character, tap 'Recognize' and select a candidate to display character reading, meaning, radical and hear audio pronunciation . Search by reading or meaning, as well as compound search also available (premium only). Characters/compounds you view are automatically saved to history and can be marked as favorite (premium only).
Follow proper, or at least basic (left to right, top to bottom, horizontal before vertical, etc.), stroke order for best results.
* Full tablet support (v2.0)
* Audio pronunciation for hanzi and compounds (uses the eSpeak text-to-speech engine)
* Search on stroke -- recognition candidates are displayed automatically as you draw
* Adjustable candidates font size
* Adjustable drawing pen size and color
* Shake to delete stroke/clear all
* Favorites and history (premium only)
* Favorites Excel (CSV) and Anki export (premium only)
* Search by reading and meaning (premium only)
* Compound search (premium only)
* Supports both traditional and simplified Chinese
* Works offline (Internet connections is only required to download resources on first run).
* Integrated character database with more than 70,000 entries
* Stroke annotation
* Undo (removes last stroke)
* Pinyin and Jyutping readings
* Radical display
* Character decomposition into components
* Display character component details
* Copy and append to clipboard
Not a handwriting input method (IME).
Ad-supported (ads are not displayed if you upgrade to premium).
Version 2.0 requires Android 2.1 and later. Earlier Android versions can use version 1.7.2.
Email me for bug reports and feature requests:
Follow me on Twitter for latest updates: @kapitanpetko
Release announcements and detailed explanation of new features on my blog:
◎ Comprehensive Chinese vocabs & phrases
◎ 100% practical & well categorized contents
◎ Authentic pronunciation
◎ No internet connection required
◎ Easy to store and manage your favorite items
#TextToSpeech support(run TTS Services Extended for downloading voice data,and set the default engin to eSpeak)
#hide/show tool bar
new updates :
Show the character content in random order
###How to use TTS : http://tinyurl.com/39k46y3
update database files.
iCharacters for iOS released. tell your friend using iOS devices. thanks.
• Completely offline
• Flexible input/search methods
- Pinyin search
- Radical character search
- Attempts to split sentence input into individual words
- Limited wildcard searching using '*' (ZH only and slower than normal searching)
• Multiple display options
- Toggle between simplified/traditional character sets
- Select between light & dark themes
• 3rd party connectivity
- Send words directly to AnkiDroid
- Can share words with Cdian from other apps
• Bookmark search results
• Minimalistic yet functional UI
• Ad free
• Extracted dictionary files require 21MB of external storage space
keywords: chinese dictionary, chinese english dictionary, chinese translator, 英文 词典, 辞典, 英汉 词典
Chinese dictionary features:
☆ English-Chinese, French-Chinese and German-Chinese dictionary
☆ play pronunciation
☆ simplified & traditional Chinese
☆ searches as you type
☆ use English / French / German (automatic conversion of special characters, e.g. searching "chateau" will find "château"), pinyin (with or without tones, no need for spaces), zhuyin or Chinese characters to find the translation
☆ Chinese characters colored accordingly to the tones
☆ full support of zhuyin (注音)
☆ speech recognition (for both English / French / German and Chinese)
☆ external memory cards supported
☆ copy any part of the Chinese dictionary entry to the clipboard
☆ import any word to your Chinese flashcards
☆ highlighting of the searched string in returned entries
☆ automatic detection of the translation (Chinese → English / French / German or English / French / German → Chinese)
☆ supports both landscape and portrait modes
☆ suitable for both mainland China and Taiwan
Chinese flashcards features:
☆ smart Spaced Repetition algorithm for supporting your long-term memorization
☆ practise writing, reading or nouns' measure words
☆ wordlists for Chinese tests and many Chinese textbooks' vocabulary lists are prepared:
→ HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi, 汉语水平考试, 漢語水平考試)
→ TOCFL (Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language)
→ Practical Audio Visual Chinese 2nd Edition
→ Integrated Chinese, Expanded 2nd Edition
→ New Practical Chinese Reader, Vol 1
→ Practical Chinese Reader
→ Beginner's Chinese
→ Intermediate Chinese
→ Pimsleur Mandarin
→ Schaums' Outlines Chinese Vocabulary
→ Colloquial Chinese
☆ Chinese flashcards can be saved to different categories
☆ if you make a mistake the word will be offered to you more often
☆ if you add a new word from dictionary to your Chinese flashcards it will also be offered more often
☆ supports both traditional and simplified Chinese (if you make a mistake when practising traditional Chinese, it will not affect the simplified Chinese equivalent so you can practise both)
☆ add any word from the Chinese dictionary to your Chinese flashcards
☆ add your own custom Chinese flashcards
☆ convenient editing of categories and Chinese flashcards
☆ export all Chinese flashcards to a file
☆ import Chinese flashcards from a file (ZDT format or Wheebee Chinese format in UTF-8 encoding)
☆ the app is also available in Czech and part of the app was translated to Chinese
☆ a detailed "Frequently asked questions" section is available inside the app
☆ two themes available (dark and light)
Advantages over other apps:
☆ Spaced Repetition system for free
☆ not only English Chinese, but also French Chinese and German Chinese dictionary
☆ gives relevant results
☆ built-in premade Chinese tests and textbooks' wordlists for practising -> no need to download them
☆ flashcards categorization
☆ Network communication: When using the Chinese dictionary for the first time, the app needs to download a database from the Internet.
☆ Storage: The app needs the access to the storage for exporting and importing Chinese flashcards.
Enter an English word and see its translation to Chinese along with its Mandarin and Cantonese pronunciation, plus its meaning in English to validate the translation. You can also search for Chinese words!
The Chinese characters are displayed in a large font so that they are easier to read, copy on paper and/or to show them to a native speaker.
You can also quickly toggle between Traditional and Simplified Chinese via the "i" info menu (top right icon).
Unlike other dictionary apps, Eng Hanzi does not require an Internet connection to work (the internet connection is only used to show adverts), so you can use it anywhere, even on a plan/train or when you are abroad and your internet connection is off!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The first time the application starts, it needs to set up its database. This will take a while, but it's only done once... so please be patient! Good things come to those who wait! ;-)
Exclusively on Android, so make your iPhone friends jealous!
If you're not satisfied, for any reason, within 30 days you get a full refund, period, no questions asked. We don't want your money if you're not amazingly happy.
If you are looking for our Cantonese app, please see: http://goo.gl/62PHL0
Pro version gives you:
★ Chinese handwriting recognition built in
★ Audio - recordings of every Mandarin syllable, by a real native Chinese speaker
★ Homescreen Widgets* - flip through your favorite words from your homescreen. Try adding multiple widgets!
★ Multi-dictionary support - the superb ABC Chinese-English and ABC English-Chinese dictionaries (in-app purchases at extra cost)
★ Merged results across dictionaries - no need for cumbersome cycling through dictionaries
★ Star English words (if you have the ABC English-Chinese dictionary installed)
★ Backup / Restore starred words, search history, preferences etc
★ Offline access to all features (unless specified)
★ Search Hanzi / Chinese, Pinyin or English
★ Pinyin or Zhuyin (Bopomofo) pronunciation throughout
★ Vertical Zhuyin support
★ Both Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters supported
★ Coloring by tone - you can color Hanzi, Pinyin or Zhuyin
★ Simple, intuitive and powerful UI
★ Live search - results update as-you-type
★ Progressive results - as you scroll down, progressively deeper searches are seamlessly performed
★ Enter long Chinese text in the search box and get instant Pinyinization as well as automatic vocab list
★ Starred Chinese words/phrases, Word lists (e.g. HSK, idioms/chengyu), Search history
★ Custom search using wildcards
★ Clipboard Monitoring - raise notification when Hanzi copied to clipboard. Please read: http://goo.gl/cmRFJ2
★ Night mode (black background)
★ Voice recognition (online only and only on supported devices)
★ Useful links to websites e.g. YellowBridge, Skritter, nciku, Google Translate (online only)
★ Uses CC-CEDICT dictionary data as the base dictionary
★ Seamless integration with our Hanping Chinese Camera app (for image-based character recognition): http://goo.gl/1clC8H
★ No ads!
* In Android 5.0 & 5.1, if you are having problems adding the Homescreen Widget, please try restarting your device: http://hanpingchinese.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21699
* Purchasing this app does not include the ABC dictionaries. For more details about these paid add-ons (which include the ABC Chinese-English Dictionary (200,000 Chinese headwords & 10,000 example sentences) and the ABC English-Chinese Dictionary (62,000 English headwords and 6,400 example sentences)), please read: http://hanpingchinese.com/abc
* For Chinese character input via pinyin, use Google Pinyin IME: http://goo.gl/WZ3Zop
* "run on startup* permission required for Clipboard Monitoring "System Startup" option.
* If many Chinese characters appear as empty square boxes, or if you would like to use a nicer Chinese font, read this: http://goo.gl/y6ya5r (The custom font used in the screenshots is Simkai)
* Purchasing allows you to run the app on any Google Android device (i.e. legitimate Play Store app installed) where you are logged into your Google account. You can run the app simultaneously on as many devices as you like as long as you are logged into each one. Buying a new device? No problem, just log into your Google account and you should be able to download the app without additional payment.
Please use the forum (see below) to report any bugs or suggestions.
- Writing and Writing Test
When first started, it will need to download another ~100MB of database. You will need an SD card and Wifi to do this. Please ensure that your phone do not go to sleep while downloading.
You can alternatively download the database via your browser from http://www.eon.com.hk/download.html.
- Download Android v1.7 Database.
- After downloading, unzip it to your top level directory of your SD card in the mobile phone. You should see a directory named, hk.com.eon.eStroke.
This is an evaluation version. If you are happy with the product, you can purchase via paypal on http://www.eon.com.hk/buy.html.
You will need a Chinese Input Keyboard to use eStroke.
o Tap on the animation box to bring up the keyboard.
o Enter a Chinese character to animate.
Let us feel the art and beauty of traditional Chinese Characters:)
Having a hard time coming up with ideas for characters for you D&D, Pathfinder, Microlite20, or other tabletop RPG Game? This handy generator privides a bunch of ideas for interesting, dynamic, and well developed characters.
Get the premium no ad version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acarcana.RPGCharacterBackgroundGeneratorPremium .
Other Keywords: Dungeons, Dragons, personality, sheet, abilities, random, ability, characters, editor
Almost all of the possible currently-spoken syllables are included.
Listen to the audio of Chinese real woman voice and practice your pronunciation.
Our Other Products
This application has been tested by Google NEXUS S. But if there is any problem in your device, please inform us and let us know your device name, OS version, language and description of the problem. We will fix it as quickly as possible.
- Includes Offline Dictionary
- Word of the Day
- voice recognition for both English and Chinese (simplified)
- romanization (romaji / pinyin)
- speak English or Chinese sentence and hear the translation
- copy to paste in other apps
- send translation as SMS or eMail
- translation history
翻譯 字典 中國
Also you can use dictionary website link.(nciku, google and custom site)
- High and fast recognition rate.
- Less ads. and totally free.
- You can check the search history.
- You can change the dictionary website.
- Use internet connection to recognize Chinese character handwriting.
If you want to add other dictionary site, please send me an e-mail.
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
+) Move all data to sdcard
+) Update English Phrase to 50 topics
+) Search more exactly
+) Update interface more beautiful
You can easy refer to over 50,000 words for English-Chinese Dictionary(offline dictionary) and mp3 and 150,000 words for English-English Dictionary(offline dictionary). Especial you can search two dictionary for a word(Two in one).
Refer to English-Chinese dictionary Pro => https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dict.ec_pro&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5kaWN0LmVjX3BybyJd
English Phrase Light
With this app, you can find out conversational sentences English and pronunciation for each sentence. it is very handy for translation, converse following context
(Refer to English Phrase 2500 for full topic(50 topic))
Topic 2:Post office
Topic 3:Thanks sorry