Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion - an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character lookups, from a company with 15 years' experience making mobile Chinese learning software.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries - CC-CEDICT and our in-house "PLC" dictionary - that between them cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin; 18 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. ($)
• Fullscreen handwriting input: use the entire width of your device's screen to draw characters. Very accurate, with an engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. (basic version free, enhanced version $)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker Mandarin audio recording of each Chinese dictionary headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (single-syllable free, multi $)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device's microphone. (free)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. ($)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through "Share" and in other documents through the clipboard. (free)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order, search, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display.
• Cantonese: display headwords + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization. (free) We also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons. ($)
• Tablet-friendly: includes a 2-panel (results + definition together) interface that's perfect for tablets.
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We've been making Chinese dictionary apps since 2000, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 15 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users, too - people who bought the Oxford dictionary from us on a Palm Pilot in 2001 can still use that dictionary on their brand new Android phone in 2015 without even having to pay an upgrade fee. You can be confident we'll be fixing bugs and adding features for many years to come.
Paid add-ons can be transferred to another device like any other paid app; load the free version of Pleco on your new device, go into "Add-ons" and tap "Restore Purchases."
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for upgrade / license transfer options.
◎ Comprehensive Chinese vocabs & phrases
◎ 100% practical & well categorized contents
◎ Authentic pronunciation
◎ No internet connection required
◎ Easy to store and manage your favorite items
* New: Support for Anki 2.0 (AnkiDroid)
* New: Text to speech support. Just install the eSpeak TTS engine and get audio pronunciation for hanzi (free) or compounds (premium only).
Premium features available: search by reading/meaning, compound search, favorites and history. You can upgrade form within the application (Settings->Upgrade to premium), no need to download a separate application.
Premium upgrade price: around $3.99 (varies slightly by location/exchange rate. Press the 'Upgrade' button to display the Android Market dialog with the current price).
Just draw a character, tap 'Recognize' and select a candidate to display character reading, meaning, radical and hear audio pronunciation . Search by reading or meaning, as well as compound search also available (premium only). Characters/compounds you view are automatically saved to history and can be marked as favorite (premium only).
Follow proper, or at least basic (left to right, top to bottom, horizontal before vertical, etc.), stroke order for best results.
* Full tablet support (v2.0)
* Audio pronunciation for hanzi and compounds (uses the eSpeak text-to-speech engine)
* Search on stroke -- recognition candidates are displayed automatically as you draw
* Adjustable candidates font size
* Adjustable drawing pen size and color
* Shake to delete stroke/clear all
* Favorites and history (premium only)
* Favorites Excel (CSV) and Anki export (premium only)
* Search by reading and meaning (premium only)
* Compound search (premium only)
* Supports both traditional and simplified Chinese
* Works offline (Internet connections is only required to download resources on first run).
* Integrated character database with more than 70,000 entries
* Stroke annotation
* Undo (removes last stroke)
* Pinyin and Jyutping readings
* Radical display
* Character decomposition into components
* Display character component details
* Copy and append to clipboard
Not a handwriting input method (IME).
Ad-supported (ads are not displayed if you upgrade to premium).
Version 2.0 requires Android 2.1 and later. Earlier Android versions can use version 1.7.2.
Email me for bug reports and feature requests:
Follow me on Twitter for latest updates: @kapitanpetko
Release announcements and detailed explanation of new features on my blog:
1. 中文單字字典 ﹣ 輸入「中文單字」搜尋漢語拼音、發音及使用例字
2. 廣普對照字典 ﹣ 輸入「廣東話」搜尋普通話對照、漢語拼音及發音
3. 漢語拼音字典 ﹣ 輸入「漢語拼音」搜尋對應的中文字及發音
#TextToSpeech support(run TTS Services Extended for downloading voice data,and set the default engin to eSpeak)
#hide/show tool bar
new updates :
Show the character content in random order
###How to use TTS : http://tinyurl.com/39k46y3
update database files.
iCharacters for iOS released. tell your friend using iOS devices. thanks.
Almost all of the possible currently-spoken syllables are included.
Listen to the audio of Chinese real woman voice and practice your pronunciation.
Our Other Products
This application has been tested by Google NEXUS S. But if there is any problem in your device, please inform us and let us know your device name, OS version, language and description of the problem. We will fix it as quickly as possible.
Exclusively on Android, so make your iPhone friends jealous!
If you're not satisfied, for any reason, within 30 days you get a full refund, period, no questions asked. We don't want your money if you're not amazingly happy.
If you are looking for our Cantonese app, please see: http://goo.gl/62PHL0
Pro version gives you:
★ Chinese handwriting recognition built in
★ Audio - recordings of every Mandarin syllable, by a real native Chinese speaker
★ Homescreen Widgets* - flip through your favorite words from your homescreen. Try adding multiple widgets!
★ Multi-dictionary support - the superb ABC Chinese-English and ABC English-Chinese dictionaries (in-app purchases at extra cost)
★ Merged results across dictionaries - no need for cumbersome cycling through dictionaries
★ Star English words (if you have the ABC English-Chinese dictionary installed)
★ Backup / Restore starred words, search history, preferences etc
★ Offline access to all features (unless specified)
★ Search Hanzi / Chinese, Pinyin or English
★ Pinyin or Zhuyin (Bopomofo) pronunciation throughout
★ Vertical Zhuyin support
★ Both Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters supported
★ Coloring by tone - you can color Hanzi, Pinyin or Zhuyin
★ Simple, intuitive and powerful UI
★ Live search - results update as-you-type
★ Progressive results - as you scroll down, progressively deeper searches are seamlessly performed
★ Enter long Chinese text in the search box and get instant Pinyinization as well as automatic vocab list
★ Starred Chinese words/phrases, Word lists (e.g. HSK, idioms/chengyu), Search history
★ Custom search using wildcards
★ Clipboard Monitoring - raise notification when Hanzi copied to clipboard. Please read: http://goo.gl/cmRFJ2
★ Night mode (black background)
★ Voice recognition (online only and only on supported devices)
★ Useful links to websites e.g. YellowBridge, Skritter, nciku, Google Translate (online only)
★ Uses CC-CEDICT dictionary data as the base dictionary
★ Seamless integration with our Hanping Chinese Camera app (for image-based character recognition): http://goo.gl/1clC8H
★ No ads!
* In Android 5.0 & 5.1, if you are having problems adding the Homescreen Widget, please try restarting your device: http://hanpingchinese.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21699
* Purchasing this app does not include the ABC dictionaries. For more details about these paid add-ons (which include the ABC Chinese-English Dictionary (200,000 Chinese headwords & 10,000 example sentences) and the ABC English-Chinese Dictionary (62,000 English headwords and 6,400 example sentences)), please read: http://hanpingchinese.com/abc
* For Chinese character input via pinyin, use Google Pinyin IME: http://goo.gl/WZ3Zop
* "run on startup* permission required for Clipboard Monitoring "System Startup" option.
* If many Chinese characters appear as empty square boxes, or if you would like to use a nicer Chinese font, read this: http://goo.gl/y6ya5r (The custom font used in the screenshots is Simkai)
* Purchasing allows you to run the app on any Google Android device (i.e. legitimate Play Store app installed) where you are logged into your Google account. You can run the app simultaneously on as many devices as you like as long as you are logged into each one. Buying a new device? No problem, just log into your Google account and you should be able to download the app without additional payment.
Please use the forum (see below) to report any bugs or suggestions.
★ 收錄 Unicode 編碼集所含的 20902 個漢字。
若你發現不能正常使用此 App，請不吝寄送郵件給作者（Google Play 的展示頁面有郵件地址），將遇到的問題、所使用的機型、系統版本反饋給開發者，我們會及時處理。
4. 搜尋「8」，會找出所有總筆劃數為 8 的字。
Android 平台最好的正體（繁體）中文字典(Chinese Dictionary)，比新華字典更嚴謹、詳細。注意，還可以顯示注音符號、倉頡碼。
* cc-cedict dictionary with more than 10,000 entries.
* Show the parts of individual Chinese characters.
* Search from English, Chinese or Pinyin.
* Keep a list of marked entries.
* Support simplified and traditional characters.
* Completely free.
This application can be a good tool for Mandarin Chinese students. Learning to decompose the Chinese characters into parts is the best way to learn them efficiently.
Ideal for Cantonese speakers who wishes to learn native Beijing Mandarin.
On the other hand, the App is also useful for Mandarin speakers who wants to know native Hong Kong style Cantonese.
Let us feel the art and beauty of traditional Chinese Characters:)
★ We're using our very own dictionary, and search algorithms that prioritise words that you'll actually want to learn! For example, try searching for "tree" in your existing Chinese dictionary. More than likely you'll see 木 - not helpful at all! Search with trainchinese and you'll get 树 first and 一棵树 second - just what you were after.
★ Partial searches start returning results as soon as you begin typing. If you make a spelling mistake, you'll get suggestions for words you might have meant.
★ Get measure words for thousands of nouns. Tap measure words for full details and access to related searches.
★ Search for words by type! Add "n." to your query to prioritise nouns, for example.
★ trainchinese is great for study, because our words are organised into more than 1,000 word lists covering topics from International Relations to American Football Teams and more. Feel like something's missing? Users often get in touch to ask for lists on the topics the're studying, and we're happy to oblige!
★ Highlight words with your finger for super-fast access to character animations, related searches and more!
★ Whether you're studying the Simplified (mainland China and Singapore) or Traditional (Hong Kong and Taiwan) variants, we've got you covered! Easily switch between them or choose to display both in dictionary results and on flash cards.
★ Create flash cards with audio and animation from dictionary entries. Organise them into lists, and share them with friends (or students).
★ The Spaced Repetition system ensures you'll memorize those words for good.
★ Train however you want: each card is available in four different modes to test different aspects of Chinese study. See Chinese, Pinyin or English and get tested on translation, and even compare your handwriting to a stroke-order animation side-by-side, synchronized!
★ Flash cards are saved on your device and synchronized with trainchinese.com, where you can also train with them and find more great content.
★ Add study notes to your flash cards - they're saved and backed up at trainchinese.com.
- Includes Offline Dictionary
- Word of the Day
- voice recognition for both English and Chinese (simplified)
- romanization (romaji / pinyin)
- speak English or Chinese sentence and hear the translation
- copy to paste in other apps
- send translation as SMS or eMail
- translation history
翻譯 字典 中國
Having a hard time coming up with ideas for characters for you D&D, Pathfinder, Microlite20, or other tabletop RPG Game? This handy generator privides a bunch of ideas for interesting, dynamic, and well developed characters.
Get the premium no ad version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acarcana.RPGCharacterBackgroundGeneratorPremium .
Other Keywords: Dungeons, Dragons, personality, sheet, abilities, random, ability, characters, editor