Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion - an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character lookups, from a company with 15 years' experience making mobile Chinese learning software.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries - CC-CEDICT and our in-house "PLC" dictionary - that between them cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin; 18 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. ($)
• Fullscreen handwriting input: use the entire width of your device's screen to draw characters. Very accurate, with an engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. (basic version free, enhanced version $)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker Mandarin audio recording of each Chinese dictionary headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (single-syllable free, multi $)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device's microphone. (free)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. ($)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through "Share" and in other documents through the clipboard. (free)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order, search, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display.
• Cantonese: display headwords + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization. (free) We also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons. ($)
• Tablet-friendly: includes a 2-panel (results + definition together) interface that's perfect for tablets.
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We've been making Chinese dictionary apps since 2000, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 15 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users, too - people who bought the Oxford dictionary from us on a Palm Pilot in 2001 can still use that dictionary on their brand new Android phone in 2015 without even having to pay an upgrade fee. You can be confident we'll be fixing bugs and adding features for many years to come.
Paid add-ons can be transferred to another device like any other paid app; load the free version of Pleco on your new device, go into "Add-ons" and tap "Restore Purchases."
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for upgrade / license transfer options.
* New: Support for Anki 2.0 (AnkiDroid)
* New: Text to speech support. Just install the eSpeak TTS engine and get audio pronunciation for hanzi (free) or compounds (premium only).
Premium features available: search by reading/meaning, compound search, favorites and history. You can upgrade form within the application (Settings->Upgrade to premium), no need to download a separate application.
Premium upgrade price: around $3.99 (varies slightly by location/exchange rate. Press the 'Upgrade' button to display the Android Market dialog with the current price).
Just draw a character, tap 'Recognize' and select a candidate to display character reading, meaning, radical and hear audio pronunciation . Search by reading or meaning, as well as compound search also available (premium only). Characters/compounds you view are automatically saved to history and can be marked as favorite (premium only).
Follow proper, or at least basic (left to right, top to bottom, horizontal before vertical, etc.), stroke order for best results.
* Full tablet support (v2.0)
* Audio pronunciation for hanzi and compounds (uses the eSpeak text-to-speech engine)
* Search on stroke -- recognition candidates are displayed automatically as you draw
* Adjustable candidates font size
* Adjustable drawing pen size and color
* Shake to delete stroke/clear all
* Favorites and history (premium only)
* Favorites Excel (CSV) and Anki export (premium only)
* Search by reading and meaning (premium only)
* Compound search (premium only)
* Supports both traditional and simplified Chinese
* Works offline (Internet connections is only required to download resources on first run).
* Integrated character database with more than 70,000 entries
* Stroke annotation
* Undo (removes last stroke)
* Pinyin and Jyutping readings
* Radical display
* Character decomposition into components
* Display character component details
* Copy and append to clipboard
Not a handwriting input method (IME).
Ad-supported (ads are not displayed if you upgrade to premium).
Version 2.0 requires Android 2.1 and later. Earlier Android versions can use version 1.7.2.
Email me for bug reports and feature requests:
Follow me on Twitter for latest updates: @kapitanpetko
Release announcements and detailed explanation of new features on my blog:
★ We're using our very own dictionary, and search algorithms that prioritise words that you'll actually want to learn! For example, try searching for "tree" in your existing Chinese dictionary. More than likely you'll see 木 - not helpful at all! Search with trainchinese and you'll get 树 first and 一棵树 second - just what you were after.
★ Partial searches start returning results as soon as you begin typing. If you make a spelling mistake, you'll get suggestions for words you might have meant.
★ Get measure words for thousands of nouns. Tap measure words for full details and access to related searches.
★ Search for words by type! Add "n." to your query to prioritise nouns, for example.
★ trainchinese is great for study, because our words are organised into more than 1,000 word lists covering topics from International Relations to American Football Teams and more. Feel like something's missing? Users often get in touch to ask for lists on the topics the're studying, and we're happy to oblige!
★ Highlight words with your finger for super-fast access to character animations, related searches and more!
★ Whether you're studying the Simplified (mainland China and Singapore) or Traditional (Hong Kong and Taiwan) variants, we've got you covered! Easily switch between them or choose to display both in dictionary results and on flash cards.
★ Create flash cards with audio and animation from dictionary entries. Organise them into lists, and share them with friends (or students).
★ The Spaced Repetition system ensures you'll memorize those words for good.
★ Train however you want: each card is available in four different modes to test different aspects of Chinese study. See Chinese, Pinyin or English and get tested on translation, and even compare your handwriting to a stroke-order animation side-by-side, synchronized!
★ Flash cards are saved on your device and synchronized with trainchinese.com, where you can also train with them and find more great content.
★ Add study notes to your flash cards - they're saved and backed up at trainchinese.com.
Almost all of the possible currently-spoken syllables are included.
Listen to the audio of Chinese real woman voice and practice your pronunciation.
Our Other Products
This application has been tested by Google NEXUS S. But if there is any problem in your device, please inform us and let us know your device name, OS version, language and description of the problem. We will fix it as quickly as possible.
◎ Comprehensive Chinese vocabs & phrases
◎ 100% practical & well categorized contents
◎ Authentic pronunciation
◎ No internet connection required
◎ Easy to store and manage your favorite items
• Completely offline
• Flexible input/search methods
- Pinyin search
- Radical character search
- Attempts to split sentence input into individual words
- Limited wildcard searching using '*' (ZH only and slower than normal searching)
• Multiple display options
- Toggle between simplified/traditional character sets
- Select between light & dark themes
• 3rd party connectivity
- Send words directly to AnkiDroid
- Can share words with Cdian from other apps
• Bookmark search results
• Minimalistic yet functional UI
• Ad free
• Extracted dictionary files require 21MB of external storage space
keywords: chinese dictionary, chinese english dictionary, chinese translator, 英文 词典, 辞典, 英汉 词典
- Includes Offline Dictionary
- Word of the Day
- voice recognition for both English and Chinese (simplified)
- romanization (romaji / pinyin)
- speak English or Chinese sentence and hear the translation
- copy to paste in other apps
- send translation as SMS or eMail
- translation history
翻譯 字典 中國
Enter an English word and see its translation to Chinese along with its Mandarin and Cantonese pronunciation, plus its meaning in English to validate the translation. You can also search for Chinese words!
The Chinese characters are displayed in a large font so that they are easier to read, copy on paper and/or to show them to a native speaker.
You can also quickly toggle between Traditional and Simplified Chinese via the "i" info menu (top right icon).
Unlike other dictionary apps, Eng Hanzi does not require an Internet connection to work (the internet connection is only used to show adverts), so you can use it anywhere, even on a plan/train or when you are abroad and your internet connection is off!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The first time the application starts, it needs to set up its database. This will take a while, but it's only done once... so please be patient! Good things come to those who wait! ;-)
Having a hard time coming up with ideas for characters for you D&D, Pathfinder, Microlite20, or other tabletop RPG Game? This handy generator privides a bunch of ideas for interesting, dynamic, and well developed characters.
Get the premium no ad version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acarcana.RPGCharacterBackgroundGeneratorPremium .
Other Keywords: Dungeons, Dragons, personality, sheet, abilities, random, ability, characters, editor
#TextToSpeech support(run TTS Services Extended for downloading voice data,and set the default engin to eSpeak)
#hide/show tool bar
new updates :
Show the character content in random order
###How to use TTS : http://tinyurl.com/39k46y3
update database files.
iCharacters for iOS released. tell your friend using iOS devices. thanks.
Look up Chinese words offline using English, Pinyin or Chinese in a clean, intuitive, yet powerful interface.
Includes Chinese handwriting recognition and syllable-by-syllable audio pronunciation by a native speaker*.
* Note: handwriting recognition and audio are only available on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and higher.
★ Pinyin or Zhuyin (Bopomofo) pronunciation
★ Simplified and Traditional characters
★ Clipboard Monitoring notifications
★ Voice recognition
★ Quickly display word in Skritter, Google Translate etc
★ Vertical Zhuyin
★ Works entirely offline!
★ No ads!
Pro version only:
★ Homescreen Widgets
★ Multi-dictionary support - the superb ABC Chinese-English and ABC English-Chinese dictionaries (in-app purchases at extra cost)
★ Backup/Restore starred words and history
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/hanpingchinese
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/hanpingchinese
La provee un sistema de tarjetas de memoria para palabras personalizado que sirve para elegir y aprender su propio vocabulario. Para poder usar el sistema de memorización necesita registrarse con trainchinese. Usuarios registrados pueden usarlo gratuitamente mientras que no excedan un cupo semanal definido de palabras.
★ Nuestro diccionario no sólo contiene palabras - contiene miles de frases con ejemplos para ayudarle a estudiar cómo usar las palabras. La búsqueda es extremadamente rápida, puede buscar usando español, pinyin, chino o seleccionando palabras de las listas o de otros resultados.
★ No importa si está estudiando chino simplificado (China continental y Singapur), o la variante tradicional (Hong Kong y Taiwán) ya que incluimos ambos. Cambie fácilmente entre los tipos de chino o elija ambos, tanto para búsquedas en el diccionario o cuando aprende el vocabulario.
★ Utilice los nuevos diálogos específicos para cada palabra para compartir información con otros estudiantes o profesores de lengua china.
★ Use tarjetas de memoria con audio y animaciones de caracteres a partir de los resultados de su búsqueda del diccionario. Organice las palabras en listas para aprenderlas y comparta su vocabulario con sus amigos.
★ Elija su vocabulario y nuestro sistema de repetición espaciada le asegura que va a memorizar la versión china y su traducción para siempre.
★ Estudie lo que le apetezca: Cada tarjeta de vocabulario está disponible en cuatro modos diferentes para representar los diferentes aspectos del idioma chino. Vea el chino, pinyin o español y verifique que sepa traducirlos, o escriba las palabras en chino para luego comparar su propia escritura con una animación de cada carácter, trazo por trazo, sincronizados!
★ Sus tarjetas de vocabulario se guardan en el dispositivo y se sincronizan con trainchinese.com, donde también se puede entrenar con ellas y encontrar más contenido. Una vez sincronizados puede usar los mismos datos en otros dispositivos Android o iOS.
★ Agregue sus propias anotaciones de estudio para sus palabras (traducciones, ideas) - después de sincronizar esas anotaciones también están disponibles en trainchinese.com y sobre sus otros dispositivos.
• More than 500K+ users have chosen NovelKing
• Regular feature updates to optimize your reading experience
We collect Chinese novels worldwide. Genres in our library include Kung Fu,
Translated Literature, Online Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, Light Novel, Boy’s Love,
Lesbian, and etc.
1. Comprehensive collection of Chinese novels
2. Download contents and read offline
3. Create customized bookmarks
4. Adjustable font size
5. Get update notifications for the series you follow
6. Day/night mode to save your vision
7. Search by author/ title
8. Real-time trouble shooting- email us and we will reply to you ASAP!
9. Don’t want to wait for updates? Check out our “Completed Series” category.
Vocabularies/Scenario-Based Sentences cover:
- Banking & Finance
- Financial Statements
- Money Market
- Economics & Markets