Many countries in the world has the tradition of celebrating Name Days. We want to help keep this beautiful tradition alive!
Our app will help you to find out today's Name Days or see how many days are left to your friend’s name.
- Our app contains Name Days of the following countries:
Austria, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden and USA.
- Set up a fully customizable widget to see today's Name Days
- Monthly listing of Name Days
- Search celebration days by name
- Can't you find a name? Don’t worry and add a custom Name Day!
- You don't need to remember the Name Days any more. Be reminded with Name Day notifications so you don't miss Name Days any more.
- Do not hesitate to send us feedback about possible new functionalities which would you like to see in our app!
Feel free to contact us if you would like help translating into other languages :)
If you like our app, don't forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends and family :)
* Our application may cause an alarm icon in the status bar. This is caused by the system API we use to keep notifications accurate and the widget up to date!
What is a Name Day?
This unique tradition began as part of the early Christian Church calendar to commemorate the saints and angels. The practice then moved to celebrating the people who were named after a saint. Eventually, other names were added to the calendar to celebrate all people’s names.
Name Day is a large part of the culture in these countries! All the calendars, diaries, and notebooks have the Names printed with the corresponding date. Radio Stations at the beginning of the morning news, broadcast whose name is being celebrated that day. It’s like a birthday, but in some ways even better.
On your Name Day you receive flowers, students and adults alike bring sweets or chocolates to recognize and celebrate. Your family has a cake waiting for you as well as for visitors that may surprise you with a visit.