The Smart Parking app helps you find a place to park using live information from the Smart Parking sensor system that has been installed into parking spaces around the city.
Using a simple red, amber and, green markers on the live app map, the Smart Parking app provides accurate information about where you are most likely able to find an available parking space. The Smart Parking app reads your smartphone GPS based location then directs you to your chosen parking space location.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
Each parking area marker on the map displays a colour and the number of available parking spaces. Simply tapping a map marker will reveal details of the parking spaces in that particular area. This will show you details about the parking spaces such as the hours of operation, tariffs, and other features.
You can find parking spaces either by entering an address or using your current location. You can also see alternative parking places near your preferred destination. You can also get directions to your selected parking location by clicking the directions option which connects the Smart Parking app to the turn-by-turn application that you already have available on your smartphone.
- Find car parking based on your current location
- Real Time updates of car park availability
- Find car parks based on an address search
- Get turn by turn directions to your selected parking
- Filter parking options by type
- View available parking by map or list
- Connects you to other transport alternatives for your trip
To use the Smart Parking app you will need to have an Internet data connection.