The Center for Educational Research and Development (CRDP) is providing teachers, learners and parents in Lebanon with the digital version of the national textbooks and their relevant educational guides. This digital version includes all books for pre-university general education stages, from preschool to the third secondary - in all its sections - and for all subject matters. This initiative falls in response to the plan of The Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE) in Lebanon to facilitate distance learning opportunities for all Lebanese.
CRDP developed this “CRDP ebooks” application to download the digital version of the national textbooks. It is free and available to all those who are interested in these books. With the beginning of the current school year, learners can - just once - connect to the Internet to download all their textbooks via this application; each according to his/her grade, with a license to use throughout the school year without the need for a permanent connection to the Internet.
We hope that this step minimizes the challenges faced by teachers and learners at public primary, intermediate and secondary schools during the distance learning period; wishing that it becomes a part, even if limited, of the efforts that the public school deserves so that it could meet the aspirations and needs of the Lebanese.
Version 2.0.0 Update:
We are constantly working on improving the app based on the users’ feedback and questions. These updated contains many features
· Global authentication: one MEHE account used for all systems, verification of users, and controls to synchronize info with CRDP system.
· Resume Reading feature: This helpful feature lets you know the last page you had open in the book, when you were there last time, and clicking on it will take you right back to that page
· bookmarks: Ability to add bookmarks on pages so the student/teacher can go back to bookmarked pages
· List of contents for books: you can now discover the book by checking its content and view all chapters, sections and subsections and page number for each title.
· Voice Recorder: This feature allows you to record and memorize voice memo.
· Notes: This feature enables you to add many text notes in each page.
· Draw or Highlight: This feature enables the user to take notes on the page by drawing or highlighting the text for later use.
· Notification system: Allow CRDP to send you notification concerning any announcements (new book, news...)
The Center For Educational Research and Development (CRDP) developed a new updated version of the eBooks, with support from USAID’s QITABI 2.
“This material is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The contents are the responsibility of QITABI 2 and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.