Visit the ancient Greek-Roman Theatre of Lokroi, the ancient Locri!
The three-dimensional reconstruction, visited in Virtual Reality and navigable in real time, the ancient theater was rebuilt from published studies by archaeologists who participated in the discovery of the excavations.
The interactive virtual tour project was carried out with the permission of the municipality of Locri and the Museums of Calabria.
Figures of the accompany you to the wonders and the main features of the Greek-Roman Theater of Locri:
- The auditorium, which could seat 4500 spectators;
- The orchestra, where the fighting took place between gladiators in Roman times;
- The scene, with "parodoi" (side steps), and the "parasceni", the side structures which complemented the building fund;
- The stage panels (triangular prisms in motion that can operate with the mechanism under the hatch!) That offered from time to time a different background for the actors in the scene;
- The curtain, which is opened and closed at will to provide shelter from the sun to the spectators.
Behind the backdrop of the scene, discover the place reserved for the actors, costumes and other gear; active mechanisms and find the rooms dedicated to the activation of sets and moved into a rich details navigable environment in real time:
- In a subjective way in first person view, using touch controls (requires joypad);
- Or with double vision for virtual reality (virtual reality) through VR viewer for your mobile, such as Google Cardboard, using a normal joypad.
Produced and developed by
digi.Art, digital art services, http://www.digi-art.it
with the collaboration of