App that allows you to manage food deadlines, drug deadlines, dpi deadlines and product deadlines in general.
It basically works as a deadline reminder.
In particular, with food deadlines, it helps to combat food waste by reminding the user, by means of customizable automatic notifications, to consume or donate food that is about to expire, thus avoiding throwing it away.
With this food deadline app, users also have the option of donating food and drugs that are expired or about to expire to those who need them most, through a growing circuit that involves Volunteer Associations.
Difference with other similar apps
TT-No Waste - Food Deadlines not only counteracts food waste by alerting the consumer about the deadlines of their foods and medicines, but also offers the possibility of donating them to those in need through the involvement of a network of associations or voluntary bodies that make available for collection and delivery.
- Deadline reminder: control and warnings of product deadlines
- Possibility to divide the products by Sector and Category (Eg: FOOD SECTOR, Category: PASTA) which are completely customizable by the user.
- Possibility of inserting each product in a specific pantry (Eg: kitchen cupboard, cupboard in the dining room, etc.).
- Statistics on consumption, waste and donations.
- Ability to analyze costs before a new purchase.
- Possibility to donate one or more products (whether they are expired or about to expire).
How does it work?
The user, without an adequate tool, is unlikely to be able to keep track of alimony expirations, drug expirations and product expirations at home.
Once you have downloaded the app and activated an account, you can manually enter the products you have at home that have a certain expiry date.
Using the TT-No Waste Food Deadlines app, you can monitor these food deadlines and waste less by consuming food on time or donating it to those in need.
The products "donated" by users populate a database accessible to Volunteer Associations that deal with the collection of products, their storage and distribution to the needy.
When the user clicks on the "DONATE" button for the first time since installing the app, a window appears with 3 options:
1. the user can let the system choose an Association among those possibly available;
2. the user can invite an Association to register on the portal www.tt-nowaste.org and start receiving their own donations and any other users' donations;
3. the user can choose an Association to donate to among those that may be present and visible in a list.
The role of associations
The TT-No Waste Scadenze Alimentari system also includes a web portal (www.tt-nowaste.org) with which Volunteer Associations can access the database of donated products.
Associations that want to be part of the TT-No Waste Food Deadline Circuit must first register on the Web Portal and obtain the activation of an enabled account.
In their own Reserved Area they can enter the territorial areas they are able to cover for the withdrawal of expired products.
Each Association can see the donated products that fall within its coverage area.
The role of Shops / Manufacturers
In the TT-No Waste Scadenze Alimentari Portal, shops, large and small, both physical and online, can also be registered, which can then apply the circuit logo in the window.
This will allow them to contribute to the reduction of food waste.
Their function is very important as they will have to load into the database all the products sold to customers who have shown their TT-No Waste Code Food Expiration Code at the time of purchase.