The free all-Italian app to discover day by day! Almanac allows you to have the answers to numerous questions on a daily basis: Is there any name day today? What characters were born on this day? What are the events to remember? When is Easter or Carnival? What is the fruit of the season? You will also find curious news and interesting quizzes.
You can also easily share the most interesting news (for example on Google+) so that you can talk about it with your friends.
You will find different sections: the Saint of the day, the reporting of holidays, the sentence of the day (to reflect on), curiosities about words and idioms, the most important events, small entertainment games (Intruder, Anagram and English Quiz) , the anniversaries of famous and historical personalities, the Sunday reading corner, the indication of seasonal fruit and vegetables, the comic strip, the events that have made the history of sport, the curiosities about Italian municipalities and much more! You can also learn more about the news using, from the contextual menu, the links to Wikipedia, YouTube, IMDB, Comuni-Italiani.it, official sites. And it's all free!
**** It is possible to deactivate the advertising banner by purchasing the "Almanacco Key" app, thus giving your contribution to the development of the app! ****
Furthermore, by purchasing the Key, it is possible to choose which sections are visible.
With the English Quiz you can practice day by day to improve your English!
New sections will be added in later versions.
* More than 20 different sections
* Internet connection is not required for its use (but the images in this case will not be displayed)
* Ability to share news via email, SMS, social network, etc.
Access to memory is required to temporarily store images.
Reviewed by: Ansa, AGI - Agenzia Giornalistica Italia, TuttoAndroid, Il Denaro, Jacktech, AndroidPhone Italia, AndroidHD, AndroidYou
The Almanac is also available on the web, here:
Present daily sections:
* Saints of the day
* The Sun: sunrise and sunset, day length
* The Moon: sunrise and sunset, moon phase and visibility
* It happened today: the most important events that took place on this day
* The Intruder mini-game: discover the intruder among four choices
* Born on this day: historical or famous characters to remember
* Anagram: the pastime word game
* The phrase of the day: quotes, aphorisms and proverbs to reflect on
* Sporting events: the events that have made the history of sport
* Good mood pills
* Words and idioms: to discover their meaning and their origin
* The comic strip
* Curiosities about Italian municipalities
* English Quiz: to practice day by day and improve your English
* The Google Doodle: curiosities from around the world
* Civic Notes: the Italian Constitution and beyond
* Tomorrow we celebrate
* In the coming days: preview of the topics that will be discussed in the following days
Month by month:
* Curiosities and news about the month
* Seasonal fruit and vegetables
* Origin of the name of the month
* Mobile parties (Carnival, Easter, etc.)
* Daylight Saving Time