Calibre Companion (CC), recommended by calibre developers, is three applications in one:
- a superb device-based calibre library organizer
- a high-performance WiFi-based calibre device emulator
- a calibre content server (web access) client
1) CC is a device-based calibre library organizer. Once you put books on your device using one of the connection methods described below you can:
- view a book's metadata (author, tags, series, rating, dates, etc.).
- sort and group books by their metadata.
- see book lists by cover or by list.
- mark books read and sync this information with calibre.
- launch your book reader application to read a book (works with most reader applications except for Amazon Kindle).
2) CC can connect to calibre over WiFi and be detected by calibre as a device. Once connected, you use calibre to move books to and from your device. Calibre automatically updates all the book metadata stored by CC to match the latest in your library. No other app, reader or browser, offers this level of integration with calibre.
3) CC can connect to calibre’s content server over WiFi to browse your library and download books to your device.
For more information see our FAQ (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188899)
CC has been translated into the following languages:
Portuguese (Brazilian): 100% translated
Italian (Italy): 93% translated
Spanish (Spain): 72% translated
German (Germany): 51% translated
Japanese (Japan): 55% translated
French (France): 47% translated
Russian (Russia): 27% translated
1) CC is not a reader app. You must install and use one of the many excellent reader apps available.
2) CC requires that you use calibre calibre 0.9.02 or later, available at http://calibre-ebook.com/. Some CC features such as syncing book read information require newer versions of calibre.
A free version of CC is available in the Google Play store. It is fully functional but limited to 20 books on the device. If you have concerns that CC won't work on your network or isn't what you need, install and test the free version. To get it, go to http://www.multipie.co.uk/calibre-companion/ and click the button for the demo version (links to Google Play don't work here).
• Access your library through Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive
• Download any book format stored in your library
• Email books from your library to other people
• Three different views including a grid view to easily browse your library
• Sort library by Title, Author, Series, or Most Recently Added
• Quick search to instantly find the book you are looking for
• Detailed book view showing all details of the book, and lists available formats for download
• View book covers in full size
☆ This Pro version also includes these features:
✔ Completely ad free
✔ Send MOBI and PDF books to your Kindle device without using email (Requires Kindle app be installed)
✔ Convenient download and view options for opening books in many popular ebook readers, including B&N Nook, Play Books, Moon+, and Cool Reader
✔ Automatically generate covers for books in your library missing a cover
✔ No-nonsense compact grid view showing lots of book covers on the screen at once
✔ Open a caliber library stored locally on the device. This allows you to integrate with apps like DropSync to synchronize annotations, or use use with USB devices
✔ WebDAV support for use with personal cloud storage solutions such as ownCloud
✔ Support for viewing many types of custom columns including Text, Dates, Numbers and Yes/No
To move your library to Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive just open Calibre, select "Switch/create Library" from the menu, Select an empty folder in your Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive folder, and choose the "Move current library to new location" option. Please wait until the library is fully synchronized with Dropbox before attempting to use with Calibre Cloud.
If you encounter problems with changes made in Calibre not appearing in Calibre Cloud try closing Calibre to make Dropbox sync the changes.
If you have questions or issues please visit the Calibre Cloud FAQ page at http://intrepidlogic.com/#/faq/calibre-cloud.
I'm planning to add more features soon and I'm keen for suggestions also. If you've found this application useful but lacking in some areas, please let us know. We'd like to try to fix or add to the application rather than get a bad review. All feedback is very welcome, good or bad.
It's simple, free, light, intuitive and easy to use, but with many features, all customizable.
# configuration of fields to display
# list of archived books
# sort list by title, author and rate
# free search on all book's fields
# insert, modify and delete
# book's detail based on configured fields
# ISBN scan and data acquisition using Google Books
# rate book from 0 to 5 stars
# free setting of book's tag
# free setting of book's collection
# free setting of book's library (from 1 to 3)
# management of personal notes related to a book
# picture of book's cover, get it also by camera and gallery
# share book
# complete management of tags, with sortable list and search, detail, new, modify and delete element
# complete management of collections, with sortable list and search, detail, new, modify and delete element
# complete management of libraries, with sortable list and search, detail, new, modify and delete element
# export list and share it
# import a previously exported list
# share, feedback, rate
# this is not an ebook reader
# keywords: ninive, libreria, biblioteca, my library, libri, books, bookstore, bookshelf, isbn
Ninive Library is very simple to use; the structure and the graphic icons make this bookstore very intuitive and easy to understanding.
It is also extremely customizable; you can choose which information about the book display and which not, including author, publisher, rating, description, price, pages, language, published date, tags, collection, from I to III library, notes and picture. ISBN and title are always visible.
The book list is compact but its graphical structure allows a quick and easy consultation; an invaluable aid is given by handy Wizard that lets you find the word you need in all book's fields.
Finally, the list is sortable by title, author and evaluation, in ascending or descending order.
The detail of the book shows the fields configured by the user and the interface is very easy to enter or edit information.
In Ninive of great comfort is the book's search with ISBN barcode scanner: the informations are acquired thanks to Google Books and the user can complete the informations with its own notes and assessments.
The book can be associated with tags, collections and libraries.
The picture of book's cover, which is acquired by Google or selected from the gallery, completes the book's details.
The book archived is later editable in all its parts and can be deleted.
Finally you can share the single book with your contacts.
With Ninive you can completely manage tags, collections and libraries.
The useful free search allows you to find the word in the description of the tags, collections or libraries.
The list is ordered by description, in ascending or descending order.
New and detail form allows you to specify the description of the item.
The element archived is later editable and can be deleted.
Ninive allows all bookstore's data export in order to share data or to use data as backup.
Import operation allows to replace the current data with those of a previous export.
The operations are useful if you need to exchange the bookstore's data from one phone to another or between friends.
- The user can search the available books depending on Genres, Subject, date added and featured.
- The user can place the request if they doesn't find the book he is searching.
- The user will be notified when it’s the time to return the book.
- User can enable or disable the notifications, sound.
- Set a personal profile.
The books are also known as Andrew Lang's "Coloured" Fairy Books or Andrew Lang's Fairy Books of Many Colors.
Books are available in English Language only!
**** HOW To USE ***
You have the choice of either listening via audio streaming from the internet or you can download the files to your device.
* All files are streamed from the internet (internet connection needed to listen!)
* You can also download each MP3 file by using the download icon in the top right corner
* If file is downloaded, the app will serve the audio file directly from your device (no internet connection needed)
* Audio (streamed and downloaded) stops automatically when you receive a call
The text version e-book are available as a HTML files (no ebook reader needed).
To zoom text, double tab on screen.
ebook is available in portrait mode only.
You can listen to the audio files while reading the text.
When you exit the app while an audio file is still active and playing, you can see a small music note in the notification bar. That is how you can get back to the app and either stop or change the audio. App will not be listed in Task Manager.
This is a FREE ad-supported app.
All e-books and audio books are out of copyright and in public domain.
The easiest, fastest way to catalog your library, nothing else comes close. Have a large collection? Readerware auto-catalog lets you feed in a list of ISBNs or barcode scans. Readerware then does the rest, building your database for you complete with cover art.
The Android version lets you easily sync your database to your Android device and take it with you when you visit your favorite brick and mortar stores. You know what you have and what you are looking for.
Use the camera on your Android device as a barcode scanner with Readerware auto-catalog on your desktop.
There is help with using Readerware on Android at http://www.readerware.com/help/html/rw_mob_an.html
Readerware on your desktop is a complete solution for cataloging and managing your library. Readerware is used by collectors, sellers, many small libraries, schools, churches etc. Features include:
Auto-Catalog, enter the ISBN or scan the barcode, the book is cataloged, complete with cover art.
Drag and drop support, catalog older titles without an ISBN, drag from your browser to Readerware and it is cataloged.
Integrated loan tracker, check items in and out, query/print items on loan and over due.
Multiple views, choose from table, tree and thumbnail views.
Simple searching, want list, printing, global search and replace, import/export and more.
Standalone or client/server versions available.
Support for multiple platforms, Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Learn more about the complete Readerware system for cataloging your books, music and videos by visiting our web site at http://www.readerware.com
□ Read FREE books. Choose from over 1 million free ebooks.
□ Provide a feature similar to "Send to Kindle" or "Read it later".
√ Various file format : EPUB, PDF, TXT
√ Optimized screen for book reading
√ Perfect PDF rendering
√ PDF annotation
- Hand writing
√ PDF annotation manipulation
√ Free books from various online libraries.
√ Realistic book library UI
√ Importing books from your device
√ TTS (Text to speech)
√ Bookmarks and highlights management
√ Push to Bookbox : Web pages can be pushed to Bookbox and you can read it as e-book
√ Embedded fonts and system fonts
√ Search the text of the book
√ Search the library
√ Page numbers
√ Page flipping animation by tapping/swiping/volume
√ Dictionary : ColorDict
√ System fonts support
√ Page margins and line spacing
√ Perfect PDF rendering
√ PDF page flipping : horizontal, vertical
√ Page navigation by volume key
√ Day/Night mode
□ Chrome extension for "Push to Bookbox" is released!
Install from http://goo.gl/ZFQf0J and read any web article on your phone/tablet.
□ Free without limitation.
You can organize your books, manage your book loans and even create a book wish list to help you find the best prices for the books you wish to buy and remember where you found them.
Share books with your friend with a simple text message to people in your contacts. Codex will get all the information your friends need about the book.
All book information can be downloaded from the Internet, including the book cover. If a cover is not available you can pick an image from your phone library to use has the book cover or take a picture of the book.
Codex also supports multiple languages with English, Portuguese, Polish and French translations.
With Codex you can:
* Add books to the list simply by scanning the book ISBN. The book data will be downloaded from the Internet.
* Add a book by typing the ISBN. If an ISBN barcode is not available is always possible to type the ISBN manually.
* Add a book by typing the book information. If the book has no barcode or is not possible to find the book information on the web the book data can be typed manually.
* Manage your loaned books. Each time you loan a book Codex helps you remember, allowing you to mark that book have loaned and setting the person you loaned it to from your contacts.
* Create a wish list with the books you wish to buy. Add a book you don't have and the store you found it. Each book can have multiple stores so that you can compare prices and choose the best price.
* Remember the location of the store where you found the books in the wish list. If you don't know the address Codex can get the GPS location for you.
* Filter your book by author, publisher or category.
* Easily find books in your wish list or books that you've loaned.
* Pick an image from your phone image library to use has a book cover. If you don't have an image from the cover just take a picture of it.
* Want to share this book with a friend? Just recommend the book. With Codex you can recommend a book with a simple SMS message. If your friend also has Codex in his phone Codex will get all the book information your friend needs.
* Multilanguage support with English, Portuguese and French.
* Importing and exporting book to CSV and XML so that they can be synchronized between devices.
* Search the books collection to easily find the correct book.
* When you lent a book you can set a due date and Codex will remember you when the due date is met. Codex will maintain a loan history for each book so that you know to whom you have lent it to.
Codex is free, you can use it without any restrictions for as long has you want. If you have any suggestions please feel free to contact the developer's team at email@example.com
Keywords: codex book manager catalog library organize loan wishlist contact message cover photo image scan barcode books ebook address gps location recommend phone sms store isbn friends share free online web internet read language export import cvs xml excel search
1) Discover eBooks on the SD card and load them into your eLibrary.
2) Explore the eLibrary using the metadata included in your eBooks.
3) Customize which book metadata properties you want to use for viewing book information, performing searches, and sorting.
4) Find books in your eLibrary using ad-hoc searches or by invoking saved Book List searches.
5) View book lists with various layout, grouping, and sorting options to help keep the information organized.
6) Manage eBook information with update ability for virtually any metadata property available for your eBooks, including Categories (synonymous with tags, book shelves, subjects), Series and Series Index, Ratings (up to 5 stars), Title, Authors, Description, and many more...
7) Update book covers from images on your device storage.
8) Export updated book information.
9) Designed to work with Calibre, suporting both standard and custom Calibre properties.
The ePub Reader is a feature of the eLibrary Manager application that allows you to read ePub books. Some of the features you can enjoy are
1) Use on-screen buttons or swipe gestures to change screen pages one at a time or continuously for fast screen flips.
2) Use pinch in and out gestures to easily change font sizes.
3) Keep track of the current and total screen numbers for the chapter you are reading, as well as the current and total page numbers for the whole book.
4) Goto any screen in the chapter or any page in the book.
5) Add your favourite fonts.
6) Read books in single or multiple columns.
7) Search for text anywhere in the book you are reading.
8) Navigate through the history of book positions when you need to explore.
9) Pick up where you left off when you finish reading and start up again.
10) Customize the visual presentation of books by setting margins, line height, justification, font, and font size.
11) Access the multi-level Table of Contents for the book you are reading.
12) View a summary of the book you are reading.
13) Perform dictionary lookups using configurable dictionaries.
14) Let your Android device read eBooks to you.
15) Export updated book information.
Note: This application works with non-DRM ePub books.
Upgrade to the full version to enjoy the following benefits:
1) New v2.0.0 [Full Version] Manage non-ePub books. NOTE: Requires external reader applications.
2) [Full Version] Launch external reader applications.
3) [Full Version] Use the Book Info Browser to explore your library by browsing book information like authors, categories, series, book lists and more.
4) [Full Version] Integrate with Book Info Lookup Add-on app (available as a separate free download) to browse Open Library records for alternate covers and book information.
5) [Full Version] Create and manage custom eBook information properties.
6) [Full Version] Create and manage bookmarks, notes and highlights.
7) [Full Version] Export bookmarks, notes and highlights.
8) [Full Version] Synchronize book positions between devices.
Visit http://kpwsite.com/?itemSelectionPath=library for more information.
1) Search for books in Open Library based on title and/or authors.
2) Merge information you find from searches into your existing eLibrary Manager book entries, using as little or as much of that information as you want.
3) Link to Open Library records for book search results to see the full details and to make additions or updates in Open Library itself.
IMPOTANT NOTE: This application is an add-on for the eLibrary Manager application. In order to use its capabilities, you must also have installed on your device eLibrary Manager full version 1.2.5 or greater.
Visit http://kpwsite.com/?itemSelectionPath=lookup for more information.