• Info tool, where you can see the network connection status, IP address of the Wi-Fi router, external IP address, information about your ISP and more. In addition, Info screen displays a couple useful charts of Wi-Fi connection and network usage. You can find out which app uses a connection at the moment and how much data is transferred.
• Ping - a tool needs no description. You can use a standard set of parameters, as well as additional features such as TCP and HTTP ping. Background work and sound notifications will enable you to monitor the state of the remote host without being distracted.
• Traceroute - an indispensable tool for system administrators. Shows the route on which the packets are from your device to the target host.
• Port scanner - a powerful multi-threaded TCP ports scanner. With this tool you can get a list of open ports on a remote device. Most of ports displayed with description, so you will know what application uses it.
• Whois - a utility that displays information about the domain or IP address. With the help of Whois you can find out the date of registration of the domain information about the organization, contact information, and more.
• UPnP scanner - shows UPnP devices on your local network. With UPnP scanner you can find out the IP address of your router, game console like Xbox or PlayStation, media servers and other devices. DLNA-compatible TVs and media boxes (Samsung AllShare, LG SmartShare) also supported.
• Wi-Fi scanner - shows the list of access points around you. In addition, you can find out the manufacturer of the access point, the signal level and a lot of other information. You can use the chart to appreciate it all visually. Supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz devices.
• Subnet scanner - this tool can scan your Wi-Fi subnet to find other hosts around. Scanner can check host via Ping, or check multiple TCP ports. So u can simply find services in your subnet (for ex scan 22 port to find where SSH running). You can also configure IP address range for custom scan, set count of threads and other various parameters.
• DNS Lookup - tool for querying Domain Name System (DNS) name servers. Is useful for network troubleshooting or just find out the IP address of the domain, mail server and more. Reverse DNS is supported as well.
Displays network information and diagnostics: Ping a server (via ICMP over IPv4 or IPv6 and TCP), DNS lookup (with geographical lookup of IP addresses), reverse DNS lookup, WHOIS queries, inspecting HTTP response headers, trace routes (also with IP address geo lookup), check whether a range of ports is open, scan a host for SSL versions and ciphers, and look up the location of hosts and whether it's reachable from the public internet. It also shows details of the current network setup and connection of the device, including netstat information. "Wake on LAN" functionality for waking up machines.
Includes a home screen widget for long-running pings.
Recently used hosts, IP addresses and DNS servers are remembered for auto-completion.
The results can be copied (via long-click on the output text), sent via email or stored in a file as text or PDF. A history of the results of recent operations is kept (swipe left and right to switch between tabs).
Numerous options (like using an alternative name server, Ping TTL, showing ping times for each traceroute step, Broadcast Ping, using HTTPS, setting the HTTP port number, selection of DNS record types to query, etc.) are available through a long-click on the "Go" button.
Contains no ads.
Please join the Google community "Ping & DNS" where I support this app, especially if you're having problems.
Note for Samsung devices: Ping and Traceroute don't work on some Samsung devices on Android 4.2 and newer, because Samsung required functionality. TCP Ping should always work, though.
WHY THE GPS PERMISSION? First off, GPS is only accessed if the "Show Location" checkbox is set in the Ping Options dialog. This checkbox is turned off by default, so unless you explicitly set it, you don't need to worry about your location ever being tracked. Tracking location is useful for measuring ping times during long-running pings across large areas, like a factory or a university campus. Once a long-running ping with location is done, a Google Earth file (.dmz) is created that shows the ping times along with the geo location of each ping. Most people will never need this option, so you don't have to worry. And even if you do use it, location data is stored on the device, it is not sent or uploaded anywhere (the exception being if you attach the Google Earth file to an outgoing email - in which case you're in charge of where the email is sent to). So all the negative comments you may see in the Play Store are unfounded.
Ping is a network utility used to test reachability of an IP address or a host. It can measure the packet trip time which is called latency. Ping uses ICMP for request packets and waits for an ICMP response. Ping is useful to check a server's availability.
Keywords: ping, network, utility, icmp, lan, wan, internet
the status of any devices(on the Network or Internet) by sending ping request.
- ping monitor
- tools(traceroute,port scanner,whois,network info,ping)
- scan ip network for active hosts.
- export/Import host list to external storage.
- easy to use
- cute and simple interface
ICMP ping currently only works in IPv4. IPv6 isn't widely supported on Android yet and is NOT available in this application.
- Allows you to save popular hosts to ping
- Allows you to control ping packets count
- Allows you to control ping packet sizes
- Allows continuous pings (keeps pinging until you stop it)
- Allows you to set intervals between ping packets
- Allows broadcast pings
- Allows you to email ping results
- Allows you to ping in the background (this will allow ping to continue even if you rotate the screen)
- Contain Google ads* upon exiting app.
- Long click hostname to edit host.
- Use menu button to Toggle Sound.
- Use menu to send us a Feedback for ideas and improvement.
- Manually edit /sdcard/ping.xml via a text editor for a easier way to add lots of host. Just copy the Google entry as a template for your host.
Please backup /sdcard/ping.xml before update.
Furthermore, there are many settings, the number of PINGs, the packet size, or the maximum PING time.
- measures the ICMP echo from any network or Internet address (www.google.com or 192.168.0.1)
- various PING settings
- PING list
- ping bars (optional)
- ping sound (optional)
- trace a with graphical output
- share the Ping and Trace results (Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote ...)
- Easy to use
Display ICMP Ping status at graphic mode.
Immediately understand the situation of the network.
Support different size of packet.
Configure and save up to five web side name or IP address .
Saving report after every measure.
Someone reported that Samsung smartphone with Android 4.3 can not used Ping feature.
Main features :
- Ping any domain or ip address using ICMP protocol
- Analyze your internet connection
- Results are displayed like in windows PC
- Request timed out handled
- Quick start from notification (if you want to hide notification, type 'off' then press enter or touch ping button)
- Easy to use (without any setup)
The message “ping: icmp open socket: Operation not permitted” is coming of a constraint on ping. As far as I know this can only be avoided by using root. All ping tools are affected of this phenomenon.
AdBlock Plus, and various other AdBlockers can cause different problems. If the app won’t start it could be due to such apps. Please close the app and start it again and check whether it works or not.
- Ping a single IP address
- Ping a subnet to give an overview for 255 IP addresses
- Traceroute, to determine the route taken by packets across an IP network
- Netbios lookup
- Bonjour lookup
- Space for 3 devices
A paid version includes space for 400 devices, and looping subnet ping
- Choose number of times to ping or set continuous mode (keep pinging until stopped)
- A unique ping flood mode which provides a rapid visual display of packets sent and received and shows how quickly the host or server is responding
- Set interval between ICMP ping requests (as low as 0 seconds)
- Control the size of ICMP packets to send
- Set Time To Live (TTL) to control the number of hops the packet can go through
- Set timeout
- Options to disable to fragmentation of packets and allow pinging broadcast IP addresses
- Save and load hosts and IP addresses
- Email ping results
Ping Free supports both 3G and Wifi connections. Currently, only IPv4 is supported as IPv6 is not widely available on Android phones yet.
This is a new version of the popular "Android Terminal Emulator" application. Same great program, just with a new name.
+ Full Linux terminal emulation.
+ Multiple windows.
+ Launcher short cuts.
+ UTF-8 text. (Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, etc.)
+ Completely free. No ads, no in-app-purchases, no nag screens, nothing.
+ If you are having trouble entering text, try installing the free "Hacker's Keyboard IME". (Especially if you have a Samsung or HTC device.)
+ This app isn't a game emulator.
+ This app won't help you root your phone or change your phone's IMEI.
+ You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use the Linux command line to use this app.
+ You may want to install a set of command line utilities like "Busy Box" or "Debian chroot" in order to add commands beyond the commands that come built into your Android device.
+ If you get a -505 error when trying to install this app under Android 5.0, it means that some other app is using the same permissions. You will have to uninstall the other app in order to install Terminal Emulator for Android. (People tell me that "jrummy's Toolbox Pro" causes this problem.)
Want to know more about Terminal Emulator for Android?
Join the G+ community: #Android Terminal Emulator
Or check out the documentation wiki:
Want to add or improve a translation of Terminal Emulator for Android? See https://github.com/jackpal/Android-Terminal-Emulator/wiki/Translating-to-Other-Languages for instructions.
Also a full list of Windows commands and explanations.
-Domain Name Server
-Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
-Internet Information Service
-Routing and Remote Access Server
-Remote Installation Service
I am continuously adding more information as I get time. I redeveloped this app to help myself in future studies of operating systems as well as helping others.
If you have any suggestions that you want to see in the app, just comment or email. Thanks
Network Tools IP Tools allow you to not only easily find, diagnose the problem on your network (and the correct diagnosis - the key to the rapid fix), and you will be able to do it, being at any distance from it.
Application IP Tools have a simple, intuitive interface, so you quickly and easily learn its own external IP address, and if necessary, get detailed information about your network - you can find out the internal IP, SSID, BSSID, broadcast address, gateway, network mask, country, region, city, ISP geographic coordinates (latitude and longitude) and other network information.
IP Tools application provides access to the most popular network utility that modern users often use on their computers.
Choosing IP Tools, you have at your disposal the following set of network tools:
✓ LAN scanner (LAN scanner)
✓ Port scanner
✓ DNS lookup
✓ Getting data about the site and its owner
✓ Setting up the router directly from the device
✓ Trace route
✓ Log connections
✓ IP & Host Converter
✓ IP Calculator
✓ Control connections
✓ And much more ...
All of these tools will allow you to get the most complete and clear picture of the situation in computer networks. Network diagnostics with the application IP Tools is carried out quickly, easily, with maximum comfort.
The program is constantly being improved: works great feedback - developers take into account customer feedback and change their product offering new, more comfortable and functional version.
The above are not all the advantages of the application, but these points is enough to drop the last doubts, download network tools, combined in IP Tools application on your smartphone, and now appreciate the benefits of using them personally. Especially because you can download the program for free.
Terminal IDE is an expandable terminal application, with a full Java / C / C++ / HTML / Android development kit, that runs on your Android device.
It uses the command line, with many powerful and robust open-source applications, plus a custom ASCII on-screen 'soft' keyboard that works well (You must ENABLE it in your device's main Keyboard Settings).. and also has an extensive generic external 'hard' keyboard key mapper. This way CTRL / ALT / ESC etc.. should all be accessible.
GCC 4.4.0, make 3.82, ctags, javac, java, dx, proguard, aapt, apkbuilder, signer, ssh, sshd, telnetd, bash 4.2, busybox 1.19.2, vim 7.3, nano 2.2.6, midnight commander 4.8, htop 1.0, TMUX 1.5, links 2.7, rsync 3.0.8, git 1.7.8, BitchX 1.1 and a nice terminal emulator are all available.
The vim editor has been setup with c / java / HTML development in mind and is extremely powerful. Also vim has been setup by default in a humane way (arrow keys work, backspace..), so that starting on this long and glorious journey won't begin with a punch in the face.
With the addition of all the other apps provided, Terminal IDE becomes much MUCH more than an extremely powerful IDE. One could call it a complete 'Command Line OS'.
Best of all you can log in via telnet / ssh and use your home keyboard/screen combo!
AND the whole app runs WITHOUT needing ROOT permissions.
It's all available with normal user permissions..
Also the project is released under GPLv2
Constructive criticism always welcome. Useless abuse, not so much.
NB: This app CANNOT be installed onto the SDCard because you do not get 'Execute' permissions on that mount. It must run in this app's private memory on the device [Also much more secure]. You can of course still read / write to the SDCard and store your files / projects there. ALSO - once extracted it takes up about 150MB of your INTERNAL memory. You have been warned..
NB2: 'ENTER NOT WORKING' confusion on Terminal IDE keyboard.. Android expects a different key-code than the terminal(which expects ^M).
- Use CTRL+ENTER to send Android ENTER at any time.
- GO,NEXT,SEND & SEARCH all work when they appear as icons.
NB3: The Help/Tutorials, available in the app, can now be downloaded separately as a PDF from the Google code project. Thanx to Roy.
NB4: This app is ARM only.. No x86 support. Sorry - and yes, it's a big job to convert..
NB5: No UTF-8 support yet.. Just ASCII.
NB6: READ ALL THE IN-APP HELP! TWICE! BEFORE YOU EMAIL ME! Please..