+ "I found the game to be endearing and enjoyed watching my children play." tuaw.com
+ "Slice Fractions does a really great job of teaching without making it feel like a lesson." maclife.com
+ 5/5 "With over 60 puzzle screens, this app is a great value" bestappsforkids.com
+ 5/5 "It is truly an ingenious way to introduce fractions" theiphonemom.com
+ "The game is so fun, they won’t realize they are gradually learning about fractions." geekswithjuniors.com
+ "The app is well-constructed, well-designed, and the execution through the levels is very well considered, suiting young learners at all stages of primary education." ukedchat.com
You will enjoy:
+ Slicing through ice and lava to clear the mammoth’s path
+ Learning fraction concepts without words
+ An activity reviewed by researchers at a Canadian university (UQAM)
+ Collecting funky hats
+ Solving over 60 innovative physics puzzles
+ Playing in a safe, digital environment. No ads or in-app purchases.
The game covers the following fraction concepts:
+ Part-whole partitioning
+ Numerator / Denominator notation
+ Equivalent fractions
+ Fraction ordering
+ Subtracting fractions from 1
Teachers: Slice Fractions is based on the following Common Core concepts: (2.G.A.2) (2.G.A.3) (3.NF.A.1) (3.NF.A.3) (4.NF.A.1) (4.NF.A.2) (4.NF.B.3)
+ Finished the game? You can play again by pressing the Level Select button in the lower right corner of the main screen (the icon with six dots).
Kids will be introduced to the concept of fractions through shapes like squares, circles, triangles, rectangles and polygons. Kids will also learn fractions of a set and fraction of a whole through the use of a beaker, and compare simple fractions. Also they will memorize the name of fractions with a fun memory game.
Fraction is a foundational concept in math, once it is seen and intereacted with, kids will find it more intuitive, not something boring and intimidating.
This app is designed for kids from Kindergarten through 3rd grade. The Full version has 7 different mini activities. The lite version has 3 mini activities, no ads are served.
This app is optimized for both phones and tablets.
keywords: kids fractions, math skills, learn fractions
Kids will learn visually how to add, subtract simple or mixed fractions with like denominators, multiply fractions by a whole number, solve word problems, learn about 10th and 100th based decimals, convert fractions to these decimals, compare the decimals, and add 10th based fractions to 100th based fractions.
The Full version has eight different mini activities. The lite version has 2 mini activities, no ads are served in either versions.
Here is a summary of the games:
1. Add fractions with like denominators, drag all the fractional pieces from the second operand to the first to see the visual model, then key in the right value. There are 4 levels of difficulty, from simple fractions to mixed fractions. This activity with all levels is available in the lite version also.
2. Subtract fractions with like denominators, take the fractional parts from the first operand to see the visual representation, then key in the right values. There are two levels of difficulty.
3. Multiply fraction by a whole number, drag all the fractional parts to the result panel to see the visual help, then key in the right values. There are two levels of difficulty.
4. Word problems, solve real world problems involving fractions using the add, subtract and multiply skills learned.
5. 10th and 100th. In this game, you are asked to shade 10th or 100th based fractions, you can also set the format to decimals, English word notation, or convert 10th to 100th or vice versa. This activity with all options is available in the lite version also.
6. Learn number line for 10th or 100th fractions and decimals.
7. Decimal sequence, compare decimals to hundredths and put them in order.
8. Add 10th and 100th, express a fraction with denominator 10 as an equivalent fraction with denominator 100, and use this technique to add two fractions with respective denominators 10 and 100.
This app is optimized for both phones and tablets.
keywords: common core, fractions, third grade math, fourth grade math, fifth grade fractions,
Download this application right now to experience this wonderful one!
Fractions for 1st grade includes lessons of simple fractions such as halves, thirds and fourths, the way to define equal parts and compare fraction. With three-part content designed as a lesson in the class, the application will give kids a firm foundation to develop well mathematic knowledge in the future.
The application consists of three parts:
Study: Teaching kids a range of new knowledge. With explanation enclosed with particular images, kids will easily be familiar with definitions and concepts of fractions
Practice: reinforce learned knowledge for kids. Kids will practice lessons relating to the content of lessons to understand better and remember longer them.
Quiz: examine again the lesson’s knowledge through experiencing a synthetic test in the certain period of time. Kids can affirm their ability with the grade that they gain.
Lessons are illustrated with lively sounds as well as images to enhance kids’ concentration.
Lessons are classified according to topics and arranged from the easiest to hardest so it’s convenient for kids to study.
Lessons are shown as a game so it raises kids’ inspiration more than worksheet.
Lovely and simple interface helps kids to easily study by themselves.
The quality of graphics is high.
Be quick to download to get this free and useful application! Thank you for choosing us to be the partner with your children!
If you find this application really useful, please give 5 stars for it.
Best mathematical tool for school and college! If you are a student, it will helps you to learn arithmetics and calculations with fraction numbers.
Note: A common fraction can be reduced to lowest terms by dividing both the numerator and denominator by their greatest common divisor.
Kids will learn about mixed fractions, equivalent fractions, fractions on a number line, a fraction of a collection whose size is greater than the denominator, compare fractions with different numerators and denominators, but can be compared to either 0, 1/2 or 1. We use a scaffolding approach, where the concept is introduced visually first, later there will be games without visual aid to strengthen the concept learned.
The full version has eight different mini activities. The lite version has 2 mini activities, no ads are served in either versions.
Here is a summary of the activities:
1. Shade Fractions 2: Like in Simply Fractions 1, you are asked to shade the squares, but the number of squares is larger then the denominator. They are arranged so you can easily see the grouping.
2. Mixed Fractions: You are presented with circles and a fraction of a circle, you will have to put in the correct whole number, numerator, denominator and the equivalent simple fraction's numerator and denominator. Since you are asked to put in the number rather than choosing from multiple choices, guessing is minimized.
3. Number Line: You have to put in the numerator based on the position on the number line, hints are provided so you will see the fraction on the number line is the same as a fraction of a whole. You will compare the fraction to a half, so you will be prepared to do the harder part of the compare exercises.
4. Fraction of a Set 2: Like in Simply Fractions, you are asked to color a fraction of objects, but the number of objects is larger than the denominator. You can rearrange the objects into separate groups so you can color the right amount of them.
5. Equivalent Fractions: You are asked to put in the numerator to make an equivalent fraction based on the visual model presented.
6. Compare: There are two modes, easy and hard. But in both modes you will need to rearrange the fractions into the right order. The easy mode, you will be asked to compare fractions with either the same numerators or the same denominators, these concepts were introduced in Simply Fractions, but here no visual aid is provided. The hard mode, the numerators and denominators are different, but they can be compared to a half, this is a crucial comparison strategy at this age.
7. Odd one out: You are provided with 4 fractions, you are to eliminate the one that is different than the other three equivalent fractions.
8. Equivalent memory: A classic memory game where you find pairs of equivalent fractions, this will strengthen the equivalent fractions skills.
No kids should feel dumb because they don't understand math, many times we fail them because we let them learn the next concept before they grasped the first concept. We hope to instill confidence and joy in children as they travel the long educational journey.
This app is optimized for both phones and tablets.
Keywords: common core, fractions, second grade math, third grade math and fourth grade math
The application is split into four categories (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division), and there are a total of 70 questions.
At the bottom of the screen for each question is a list a numbers from which the user 'drags and drops' the answers into the highlighted answer location. Once the correct/acceptable answer is 'dropped', the next answer location will become available. This continues until the question is completely answered.
Basic Fractions contains context-related help screens; offering help relevant to where the user is at that point.
Basic Fractions covers normal and improper fractions, but does not simplify the answers (e.g., into whole numbers and fractions).
Blackboard Math™: Fractions is the latest offering in our series of academically rigorous, foundational math apps. It contains all the features that make the Blackboard Math apps suite a truly unique and enriching learning resource:
* write on the touchscreen to work out answers
* capture work for later review with parents and teachers
* instantaneous feedback and prompt for second-tries to wrong answers
* practices for both conceptual understanding and arithmetic skills
* computer-adaptive problem generator
* Basic arithmetic for all four operators
* Fraction Identification - Early learners practice placing fractions on a number line.
* Simplification and Conversions - Middle learners simplify and convert between mixed numbers and improper fractions
* Least Common Multiples - Advanced learners hone their proficiency for better addition and subtraction
Daily practice with Blackboard Math will sharpen your student's skills and give them the number sense and confidence to excel in math.
The words and numbers in the game are all recorded by native speakers in three widely spoken languages: English, Mandarin and Cantonese (Hong Kong). Young children can learn Basic Maths Skill in a fun way.
★★★★★ An awesome Maths app for your child! ★★★★★
SPECIAL FEATURES :
★ User-friendly interface with simple menus
★ Learn to read numbers from 0 to 20 in English, Mandarin and Cantonese(Hong Kong)
During learning, fruits will fall down from sky. The fruits can be moved and counted by kids with fun.
★ Counting exercises: Random questions for counting with high quality graphics
★ Learning largest and smallest number: With training exercises for kids to choose the largest or smallest number ranging from 1 to 100.
★ Multiplication Table : from 1x1 to 9x9
★ Fraction Number
★ Calculation exercises with colorful graphics: kids will soon master basic math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division through exercises
★ Math World Champion: In this mode you race online against other students from around the world. The total score is summed up by your highest score in each level. The app has a total of 25 levels of difficulty.
★ Math Challenge – Competition among 2 to 4 players with so much excitement and fun.
★ Family Math Challenge– The game allow 2 to 4 family members to enter into competitions. Adults will have more difficult questions when playing with their kids. It’s fun for both adult and kids. Parents can play with their kids or kids compete among themselves. Enjoy your precious time with your kids while playing and learning at the same time. You will be amazed by your kids’ improvement over calculation speed and accuracy!
The game is powered by EveryKidsApps, we specialize in educational games for kids.
If you like the app, please leave a rating! If you have any comment, do drop us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org- so that we can have a conversation with you and see how to get your issue resolved!
This resource is already used in thousands of schools to help children develop methodologies for rapidly solving problems involving fractions.
Rocket rooster: adding fractions
Improve your ability to add fractions as you choose the right set of rockets to fire Ernie into the nest. In this hilarious game there are fifty levels to complete and each one will help you get to grips with addition and multiplication of fractions.
Simply-frying fractions: simplifying fractions
Help kung fu chicken in his quest to simplify fractions by finding the common factors of the numerator and denominator. You will need to be a black belt at finding highest common factors to get a good score.
Bad egg: equivalent fractions
Smash the rotten egg by clicking on the fraction that is not equivalent to the others. By playing this game your students will develop a variety of mental strategies that help them to identify equivalent fractions.
Chicken coop painter: comparing fractions
Use your knowledge of fractions to paint a chicken coop according to the hen's instructions! This clever game will teach your students to visualise and compare the value of different fractions.
Chicken coop game: estimating fractions
You will be shown a fraction and your job is to estimate the decimal equivalent by placing a nest on a number line. Our hens are mathematical experts and they will fire their eggs towards the correct answer. If your estimate is good the eggs will be caught in the nest but if you're too far out it all gets very messy.
Reviewed by appolearning as the best app for teaching fractions at middle school!
Download the most comprehensive Egyptian mythology encyclopaedia that can fit in your pocket. Don't waste time looking for the information you want, everything is right here.
All the gods, heroes, legends from the ancient Egypt await you.
Start your magic journey into mythology now !
Test your knowledge with the included TRIVIA game and post your favourite content on Facebook.
★ KinderTown Selected App - "Dr. Panda, Teach Me! uses short practice sessions focused in 6 areas to give kids an opportunity to playfully experience early learning skills. Applause, stickers and praise are used to motivate and keep kids interested."
★ TheiMums - "This app makes learning some of those foundational skills fun."
★ FunEducationalApps - "Dr. Panda Teach Me! Preschool is a great, fun, engaging and interactive app for your little ones. It is easy to use and your kids will develop many early learning skills..."
★ Famigo Approved - "Recommended for Toddlers and Kids" (rated 4/5 stars)
Your kids will learn through play with our games that get progressively harder as your child masters different skills like counting, memory, and colors and earns animals to add to his or her own zoo. Once your kid is familiar with the app, you can also try playing it in different languages to give your toddler a first experience in hearing and speaking a foreign language.
✓ 10 Educational minigames: Puzzles, Numbers, Colors, Logic, Memory, and More!
✓ 4 Different colorful locations with animals from all over the world
✓ Rewards: Complete activities and earn decorations for your zoo
✓ Touch & Discover: Fun animations and sounds
✓ Learn 7 different languages
Available in English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
ABOUT Dr. Panda
Dr. Panda creates kids games with educational values that get kids familiar with life and the world around them.http://www.drpandagames.com
If you have any further questions or are interested in how we designed the app together with kids, feel free to contact us any time. Just drop an email to email@example.com or contact us via Facebook http://www.facebook.com/drpandagames.
- Visualize fractions on a number line or pie chart
- Convert a fraction to a decimal or percent or vice versa
- Get help with arithmetic, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Reduce fractions to their simplest forms
The Wolfram Fractions Reference App is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Fractions Reference App draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
Mole Fraction will expose you to
• The definition of the term using an apt example of a gaseous mixture
• The graph showing variation in mole fractions of various components in the mixture
• The quantitative aspect of the mole fraction
The app is primarily meant for students of high school.
Besides, there is an impressive array of key terms, images, quiz and several website links, all aiding in quick assimilation of an otherwise abstract concept of mole fraction.
Eureka.in apps are created by Designmate (I) Pvt. Ltd., a leading e-learning company that pioneers in the use of graphics, animations and simulations to simplify concepts in General Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. For more information, please visit www.designmate.com
Keywords: education, eureka.in, stoichiometry, concentration, designmate, high school, 3d content, e-learning, k12 education, animated video, science, physical chemistry
Note: The cost of the app is for one year. You would be required to renew after one year.
By downloading this Application (“app”) or the digital content, you are accepting the terms and conditions mentioned in this End User License Agreement