WhereYouGo is an unofficial client for Wherigo Geocaching. It displays online and offline vector maps using Mapsforge library, alternatively Locus can be used to display maps.
- Savegames from version 0.6.0 and lower are not compatible with current version.
- Version 0.6.0 can be downloaded here: https://android-whereyougo.googlecode.com/files/0.6.0.apk
- Cartridges are downloadable from http://www.wherigo.com, use version "Pocket PC Device". Your device must support TLS, otherwise there will be an error during connection.
- If you don't use the built-in download function, copy cartridges into your Wherigo folder (Settings - Main - Wherigo folder). Make sure you granted the application permission to write to external storage and you have write permission in selected directory. Some newer devices don't allow writing to SD card. If you're not sure, set "Wherigo folder" automatically.
- Wherigo client
- Download cartridges (user needs to fill login credentials in Settings, browse to desired wherigo via Web Browser and select open in WhereYouGo)
- Savegame slots
- Automatic game saving when user switches to another application
- Online maps
- Offline vector maps (downloadable e.g. here http://download.mapsforge.org/ or http://osm.paws.cz/ or http://www.openandromaps.org/)
- Alternatively Locus can be used to display maps http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=menion.android.locus
- Displays objects on map, including labels and zone borders
- Vector maps display moving objects (Locus does not)
- Translated into many languages (some parts may be untranslated or contain mistakes, if you'd like to contribute with a better translation, please contact me via e-mail :)
The core of the application is based on OpenWIG, it uses Mapsforge library to display maps, alternatively Locus can be used.
https://code.google.com/p/android-whereyougo/ - original project page (contains version 0.7.0)
https://github.com/biylda/WhereYouGo/ - project clone (contains current version)