If you've spent your money on IoT devices you know that IoT automation can be slow and unreliable with restricted rule sets and manufacturer lockin. You may feel uncomfortable about using an overseas owned internet/cloud service to control your lights and appliances. I still want my lights to turn on even when my internet connection is down! With AutomationManager you can manage your own automation server to break free of those other systems.
This is NOT the official product apps. You will still need the official app at least once to connect your devices to your WiFi (they use a locked/proprietary methods to set your router password into the device).
Refund policy: your app purchase will be refunded if you are not satisfied with the app or you return your devices. Check the developer site (below) for the refund procedure (it's painless).
Why not free? Unlike most IoT and automation apps, this app is not collecting personal information and habits in the cloud. There is no intention to direct advertising to you in the future. The app price pays for support and development, and is NOT funded by selling collected information to 3rd parties.
Philips Hue: bridges, lights, switches, sensors
WeMo support: Dimmer, Motion, Light Switch, Insight, Socket. Mini, Maker, NetCam (motion only), Link, Coffee Maker, Room Heater, Air Purifier, Crockpot.
Bulbs: Wemo LED, GE Link LED, Cree Connected, OSRAM Lightify, OSRAM RGB flex and gardenspot
TP Link: HS100, HS105, HS110, HS200, HS210, LB100, LB110, LB120, LB130
ESP8266 based devices w/ custom firmware (see the dev website)
- AM Manager to control your devices while you are connected to your home wifi
- Widgets - build a central console of your own design
- AM Server (this app, or the pc/mac/linux version) to run your automation and as a remote server
- A local Alexa bridge (for problematic devices)
- AM Remote and widgets connect to the AM Server for secure remote access (wifi or 3G/4G)
- AM Scenes for single touch control of multiple devices (e.g. "Watch a movie")
- Log event log viewer
- ESP8266 Manager for custom device configuration
AutomationManager works with the following apps:
- AM HomeBridge for use with iOS/Siri/iPhones
- WemoLEDs for advanced control and rules for your LEDs
- WemoOnDrive adding:
- Web page including iPhone access
- advanced persistent logging to Google Drive
- IFTTT+Stringify including Google Home + Amazon Alexa/Echo voice support
- DscServer for DSC panel integration using an envisalink card
- Thermostat hub/server for wifi enabled CT-30/CT50/CM50
Protect your privacy using your Google personal cloud server for remote access, access via a web browser, voice integration, and logging. No need to rely on vendor servers or risk your privacy.
Convert an old or inexpensive low end android phone, pc, mac, rPi, etc into a dedicated INTRAnetOfThings (IoT) hub to protect your privacy and give you secure, FAST, and reliable home automation.
Note private Google Cloud, Tasker/Automagic, and full REST support requires android. See the MPP developers page for details.
The comprehensive AM Server rule set: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/faq/wemomanager/wemorules and help.
- Use your phone location to trigger your switches
- Get a warning via SMS or email if a switch changes state or drops from your network, or power usage changes
- Turn lights on/off/flash when a security zone is opened/entered/closed or an alarm occurs
- Use motion to trigger alarms, garage door openers, cameras, etc
- Use switches to trigger other automation in addition to sockets/lights
and much more.
For a small investment and no monthly cost, you can set up your own home automation to rival Rogers Smart Home Monitoring, Time Warner's IntelligentHome, and more without vendor lockin. Visit the developer's site (link below) or email me for more information.