FretBuzz Augmented is for practicing modes, pentatonic scales and arpeggios on guitar.
Difference from my other application "FretBuzz" is that this application organizes scales in terms of common progression in jazz.
In short, you choose a progression and choose to practice either modes, pentatonic scales
or upper/lower structure arpeggios. The application then generates fretboard diagrams for you to practice.
For example if you choose ii V I and Modes/Bebop Scales, then;
- For I chord you will get diagrams for Ionian, Bebop Major, Lydian.
- For ii chord you will get diagrams for Dorian, Bebop Scale.
- For V chord you will get diagrams for Mixolydian, Bebop Scale, Lydian Dominant, Half Whole Diminished, Altered and Whole Tone scales.
If you choose pentatonic scales, for example on the V chord, you will get diagrams for;
- Major/Minor Pentatonic,
- Dominant Seventh/Minor sixth Pentatonic,
- Dominant Seventh flat 9 pentatonic,
from Mixolydian, Lydian, Half Whole Diminished and Altered scales.
When you combine it with the pentatonic choices for the I and ii chords, you will have many sounds to choose from.
The application uses CAGED System positions. So for all mode/pentatonic/arpeggio groups you will have five positions to practice.
The progressions used in the application are;
- ii V I progressions
- I vi ii V progressions
- Coltrane Changes
The scales used are;
- Modes of Major Scale
- Modes of Harmonic Minor Scale
- Modes of Melodic Minor
- Half Whole Diminished Scale
- Whole Tone Scale
- Bebop Scales
- Major & Minor Pentatonic
- Dominant Seventh & Minor Sixth Pentatonic
- Minor/Major (Melodic Minor) Pentatonic
- Dominant Seventh Flat 9 Pentatonic
And all possible Seventh and Sixth chord arpeggios from the above.
In settings you can choose "I am left handed" option in the settings.