Whether you're new to the I-Ching or a yarrow master, I promise you'll love this app. Clean, uncluttered, and easy to use, it even got featured in WIRED. It's been lovingly written over nearly 3 decades -- from a floppy disk PC to the latest Android phones & tablets -- with user feedback and feature requests leading development. Here's what it has:
• The open source software engine precisely replicates the ancient Yarrow Stalk method (that coin method? It's a nice shortcut, but it's not the real thing)
• Immediately loads to question prompt for quick consultation
• A journal where you can keep a diary of questions and answers
• A lookup library of all 64 hexagrams and all changing lines - by hexagram, by trigram, by numeric or visual render
• Look up any reading by Hexagram number and changing lines (e.g. type 11.16 in the question box for hexagram 11 with a changing line at the bottom  and top )
• Journal backup and restore
• NightMode display option
• AutoSave option to save all your questions unprompted
• User-configurable font sizes for easier reading
• Coin menu if you prefer that method and want to toss your own coins
• Share your readings via email, print, or social media
• Helpful help for beginners with insights for experienced users
• Original texts based on the Wilhelm Baynes translation made gender-neutral
• Fresh, beautifully crafted new interpretations to make you laugh, cry, and everything in between.
• No ads, no in app purchase requests, no nag screens
This app has been aiding study and oracular consultation the world over since 1989. Ask a question, press the yin-yang button six times, and the software engine generates your hexagram -- both the original text and a modern interpretation -- using the ancient method of sorting 50 virtual yarrow stalks. If you prefer the coin method, toss your own, and use the handy hexagram builder to get your reading.
The Wilhelm translation of the I Ching (or Yi Jing or Iching or I-Ching: it transliterates many ways) is the poetry that lies at the core of this app. I love the fact that the oldest book in the world is still being rewritten for a binary world, where it serves users as varied as philosophy students, wisdom seekers, artists, and lottery number pickers.
Whether you use the I Ching as an oracle, a mirror on your subconscious, a companion to exploring synchronicity, or a creative aid, this lovingly crafted app can open doors to new insights, new directions, and wonderful surprises. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I enjoyed creating it.