DesktopSMS allows you to connect Android phone and Windows PC to synchronize and send SMS messages from computer via Android device. Browse your existing conversations and SMS/MMS messages with native Windows application, compose and send SMS messages comfortably using your computer keyboard.
Search your phone contacts from your desktop and start new conversations easily. You can also browse recent call log items so you can text your friend or colleague that have called you recently. If you want to send group messages to multiple recipients, just do it with DesktopSMS app. Pick contacts or contact groups from remote device or just copy/paste the list of contacts from clipboard.
Dual SIM phones support, Wi-Fi, bluetooth or USB cable connection support, no on-line registration needed, no internet connection needed, everything works locally and anonymously. Native Windows toast notifications for new SMS/MMS messages received. SMS/MMS support (MMS view/save as only).
IMPORTANT: This application requires DesktopSMS Client for Windows/PC to provide final functionality. Visit DesktopSMS home page at https://www.desktopsms.net and download the DesktopSMS Client for free.
How do I start?
1) Get DesktopSMS Lite from Google Play on Android device you want to get connected with.
2) Download and install latest DesktopSMS Client on Windows/PC computer you want so send SMS messages from.
3) Launch DesktopSMS Lite on Android device and then use DesktopSMS Client on PC to pair remote Android device.
4) Remote conversations and SMS/MMS messages will start to synchronize with your desktop application.
5) You can start messaging comfortably from your desktop!
6) Every message you send will be sent using your phone and will be stored in the phone's conversation history as well!
What does 'Lite' mean?
DesktopSMS Lite is a wrapper that sits on top of your default Android SMS messenger and provides SMS and MMS synchronization with DesktopSMS Client on Windows. It is not standalone messenger (and that is why we call it Lite). This implies some limitations that are enforced by Android system design, because only default Android SMS messenger is allowed to make changes to the messaging store. This is the reason why you can't delete messages (or conversations) or why messages are not even marked as read when using Lite version , although we would like to make it possible!
Do I need to create online account to use this application?
No. Your devices are connected locally, without using any cloud services.