TidePlan™ NZ Free allows you to work with any of New Zealand's 16 Standard Ports. TidePlan™ NZ Pro allows you to work with any of New Zealand's 213 Secondary Ports as well.
Why Go Pro?
* Access data for all 213 of New Zealand's Secondary Ports.
* Filter upcoming tide events based on when you're free to get out there.
* Graphical Sun/Moon information layer (including moon phase).
* Sun Graph: a year-at-a-glance graph of Sun rise/meridian transit/set times for the selected port.
* Additional 'Port Info' information: Sun/Moon rise/set times; Moon phase graphic; display tide/Sun/Moon data for any day within the current 12-month data pack.
* Additional 'Select Port' options: select port from a map; quick access list of recently viewed ports.
* Colour scheme configuration (including night vision version).
* Home/Lock screen widgets that display either the next tide event or all today's tide events (plus Moon phase) for the currently selected port.
* Pebble Smartwatch watchface.
DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN USE YOUR GOOGLE PLAY "15 MINUTE FULL REFUND" MULTIPLE TIMES ON THE SAME APP TO MAKE SURE IT'S THE ONE FOR YOU?
Provide query and analysis of real-time tidal data anywhere on the sea , also includes tide graph, phrases of the moon, fishing condition prediction and other feature
You can get real-time tide data at any time within the next year, and the historical data within a week before.
You can directly search for the location by entering coordinates, you can also search the location by map. And the apps can locate quickly in order to get the tidal data about the place where you are.
You can keep and manage your focusing places, and you can add notes to these places in order to facilitate the management.
Offer registration and login function, you can synchronize your favorites to another device.
No adds or dubious permission requirements, this is truly FREE.
Tide Guide calculates the Tides, Sun/Moon rise and set times, Lunar phases for any date.
Easily select any date past or future with the simple calendar widget.
Simply select from 2517 ports.
I am sorry but because of legal reasons many ports have been removed.
If anyone has legal, free access to harmonics for other ports I will gladly incorporate them into the program.
But if you live in a country where this is not available then talk to your countries tidal authority.
I have not done much in the way of Help.
However the way program works should be pretty obvious.
The program uses hot spots on the screen to move days viewed.
Check out the menu.
Initially there is an overlay to show the hot areas and what they do (this overlay can easily be turned off in the help menu).
The code is based on work I started in 1994. I began using the Admiralty Manual of Tides Australia and adapted various algorithms from Meus later I have incorporated some of the algorithms from XTide code (basically some code for calculating astronomical arguments). Unlike XTide and it's derivatives, the code calculates all astronomical positions on the fly.
It is difficult to know if this makes it more or less accurate as the original calculations for all port constituents have been based on Almanacs and speeds over a 12 month period. However tide prediction without incorporating atmospheric pressure levels specifically can only ever be a guide at best.
This program is not for navigation or to be used in any way where life or property is at risk.
I wrote this program primarily for myself.
If it is useful to you wonderful (then I also wrote this for you, and will help you improve your experience with it, if I can).
If the program is not useful just uninstall it it didn't cost you anything (I am not really interested in your negative opinions).
Tide Prediction works completely OFFLINE (except Google Maps integration) - meaning no costs for data traffic - and is ultra-fast.
The graphical tide chart also nicely indicates the daylight distribution. An event view shows the times for ebb and flood.
* tides for over 3000 tide and current stations world-wide (therefore, the app takes considerable space on your phone)
* uses your GPS and/or network provider to support location search
Please mail any issues and improvements. Thanks!
NOT FOR NAVIGATION. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
PLEASE NOTE: due to the underlying dataset, tide location coverage is limited to the following countries: USA, Canada, Mexico UK, Germany, Netherlands, South Africa, Japan, Australia, New Zealand
It is based on code from uTides which in turn is based on xTides. If you are familiar with how xTides works you will be familiar with aTides. aTides however only contains a subset of features from xTides.
Users in Canada should choose the 'Non-Free' region. The Non-Free region also contains some ports for the UK, Germany and Holland that may not be in the Europe region.
If you use this app, please consider contributing to the developer's beer fund, the ad-free version is only a fraction of the cost of a pint of beer!
Please note: some data may be out of date and not all ports are available, please do not ask for more ports unless you can provide the harmonics file.
If you want to see this app survive and don't want to buy the Ad-Free version please visit one of the sponsors ads every time you use it. No clicks = no revenue = a dead app. The Ad-Free version also receives all the latest bug-fixes and features first.
Some of Anchor Alerts features:
- unique anchor projection system, just point and click and your anchor position is set
- user defined swing area with 'touch-to-set' exclusion and slack zones
- very low memory usage and the longest battery life in its class
- can be set to run completely in the background while you use your phone / tablet for other things
- can be controlled by SMS* from an authorised second phone and can be set to send SMS alerts* with embedded Google maps URLs (* on devices that support telephony only)
- silent or audible alarms, with or without vibration
- vessel tracking, historic location traces and more
If you want the best anchor alarm / anchor watch for Android, you want Anchor Alert.
See http://www.slimjimsoftware.co.uk for a full run-down of features.
** GPS accuracy and performance depends on your phone's hardware. Please read the help page fully and make sure you understand how to tell if the anchor alarm is running in the background and how to completely stop it.
NOTE: some Android devices using versions 4.0 to 4.0.4 are known to be overly aggressive when shutting down background tasks, this interferes with Anchor Alerts background function and may cause it to be shut down after a few hours without warning. if you own one of these affected devices please contact your carrier about an upgrade to 4.0.4 or later, in the meantime you should only use foreground mode. Android versions 2.x, 3.x and later than 4.0.4 should not be affected.
Finally, please email me and let me know how I can make this anchor alarm / anchor watch app better before leaving negative reviews. My goal is a 5 star rating from everyone that buys this app, please help me achieve this!