It is currently not yet possible to use the Ockto app without an invitation from an affiliated financial service provider.
You cannot use this app yet without an invitation from your mortgage adviser, financial adviser or insurer, etc.
Sometimes you have to provide a lot of personal and financial information. For example, for taking out a mortgage, lease contract, obtaining financial advice or renting a home. With Ockto you can easily and securely share your personal data. Only the data that is needed is retrieved and shared. Nothing more and nothing less.
How does it work?
You can provide your data with Ockto to companies that are affiliated with us. They will then prompt you to download the Ockto app and connect to the app by scanning the QR code, or tapping the 'Get Started' button.
In the app you log in to organizations where you will collect your personal data with Ockto. For example, by logging in to the tax authorities with DigiD. Your data is collected and merged.
At the end of the process, you can decide to forward the collected information to your service provider. Whether you actually forward the information is entirely up to you.
Ockto always handles your data securely. We encrypt your data, so that it cannot be viewed unwanted.
As soon as you close Ockto, all collected data at Ockto will be deleted.
What are the advantages?
With Ockto you collect your financial data from the source. That has the following advantages:
1. You save time, because you don't have to search for all kinds of data;
2. You save time, because you don't have to manually type or scan the information;
3. You don't make mistakes when typing; that saves a lot of hassle later on;
4. You do not accidentally forget to pass on that one loan or pension entitlement, so that you receive better advice and do not have to supply all kinds of information later.
Is Octto safe?
Ockto is based on two important principles:
1. You are in the driver's seat and decide for yourself whether you want to forward the retrieved information to your financial service provider.
2. Information is never permanently stored by Ockto. As soon as the transmission is complete, you close the Ockto app or your device, or if you do not give us permission to send the data, we will delete all personal data collected by you.
The service provider may also ask you to keep your data available via Ockto for a while. As a result, this service provider can use your data for, for example, issuing a mortgage offer. You will be explicitly asked for permission in the Ockto app when sending the data. You always have the option to withdraw your consent for storage. Your data will then be permanently deleted at Ockto.
Ockto meets the highest security requirements and is frequently tested for this. Ockto is also ISO27001 certified and of course the requirements of the AVG requirements regarding the protection of your privacy and security of your data are met.
Why does Ockto need access to your camera?
You often start collecting financial data from the website of your service provider. You often use that website from your desktop or laptop. A QR code is used to establish a secure connection between your app and that website. The app needs the phone camera to scan that QR code.
For further questions, please visit https://www.ockto.nl/faq