Control your Sony home theater AV Receiver via Wi-Fi from your phone or tablet! Supports these models:
Adds extra functionality
not present in these AV Receivers:
– Customizable Speaker Level presets
– Customizable EQ presetsMain Features:
– Controls many* functions of your home theatre AV Receiver.
– Zone 2/HDMI Zone control.
– Custom Internet Radio stream playback via the AVR's built-in Chromecast Audio feature.
– Access other functions such as:
Calibration presets, Sleep Timer, speaker selection and Sound Optimizer.
– 'Network Standby' and 'Remote Start' settings
(EU models please see below).
– Control of main zone volume with hardware volume buttons.
– Main controls accessible from lock screen. Important:
Your phone/tablet will need to be connected to the same WiFi network as the AVR. This app does not
connect using BlueTooth.
You may wish to try the demo version
– If 'Network Standby' is not enabled (this is default for EU models) please wait at least 1 minute after manually powering on your AVR before using the app.
– This app does not implement a 'Home' button or menu navigation buttons as this is currently not possible.
– It is also not possible to query the AV Receiver for the current audio format/codec information unfortunately.Release history:
1.17.x Dec 2021:
– Rewrite database import/export function
1.16.x Aug 2021:
– Support for 6.0/6.1.
– Import/export of radio database file (experimental).
1.15.x Feb/Mar 2021:
– Changes to Zone 2 / HDMI zone.
– Device detection improvements.
– Show current soundfield and input (main zone only).
1.14.x Oct/Nov 2020:
– Fix for device detection.
– Sound Optimizer.
1.13.x, Sep 2020:
– +5/-5 volume buttons
– Chromecast device selection.
1.12.x, Jul 2020:
– Speaker A, B, A+B selection.
1.11.x, Jun/Jul 2020:
– Dark theme option.
1.10.x, Apr 2020:
– Support landscape orientation.
1.9.x, Feb 2020:
– Customizable Speaker Levels and EQ presets.
1.8.x, Jan 2020:
– Improved support for earlier models.
– Add hardware volume button control.
– Lock screen support.
1.7.4, Dec 2019:
– Removed support for Android 4.4 KitKat due to major layout incompatibilities.
1.7.x, Nov 2019:
– Speaker Equalizer adjustment.
1.6.x, Oct 2019:
– Speaker Level adjustment.
– Help Information screen.
1.5.x, Sep 2019:
– Add support for older models: STR-DN1070, STR-DN1060 and STR-DN860.
1.4.x, Jul/Aug 2019:
– Add 'Network Standby' and 'Remote Start' settings to Advanced Controls.
1.3.x, Jun/Aug 2019:
– 'Advanced Controls' screen.
1.2.x, May 2019:
– Add basic support for Internet radio streaming to the in-built Chromecast Audio. Supported formats are MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, and possibly more. Storing of stream URLs.
1.1.x, May 2019:
– Zone 2 and HDMI Zone control.
any feedback, questions or suggestions for new features. This app is still being developed, so the addition of new features is possible.Note for the EU model AVRs:
The 'Power On' function requires Network Standby to be enabled in the AV Receiver's Network Settings. This feature is not available on EU models – but currently Sony's Audio Control API allows the enabling of it on EU model STR-DN1080 receivers. This app merely uses the API provided by Sony.Enable Network Standby at your own risk
as it uses A LOT MORE power on standby (more than 30 watts, which is more than EU regulations allow) and maybe more heat. There is no guarantee that this ability will remain in future firmware updates.
* Functions differ depending on the model of your receiver.Disclaimer:
This app is not
affiliated with, endorsed by, or associated with Sony Corporation.