The OFFICIAL ABRSM Alto Saxophone Practice Partner is a simple way to make practising pieces for your exams more musical, enjoyable and fun. It is useful for anyone learning or teaching pieces from the ABRSM Alto Saxophone Exam Pieces 2018–2021.
Use Alto Saxophone Practice Partner to practise with the piano accompaniment, the alto saxophone part in isolation, or the duo ensemble recording. The app will help you to:
• Become familiar with the accompaniment and understand how the solo line fits with the piano part for more secure performances.
• Make practice more musical and enjoyable by having a virtual alto saxophone partner to play along with.
• Slow down or speed up the music to a tempo that suits you, for slow careful practice.
• Listen closely to the alto saxophone in isolation to hear every detail of the expert performance.
• Repeat tricky passages by setting loops around them.
Alto Saxophone Practice Partner comes with one example piece from Grade 4 of the NEW 2018–2021 ABRSM Alto Saxophone Exam Pieces book. In app you can purchase:
• Any duo piece from the 2018–2021 ABRSM Alto Saxophone Exam Pieces books for Grades 1–5.
All 6 duo pieces from the 2018 - 2021 ABRSM Alto Saxophone Exam Pieces books for Grades 1-5.
*Note: The List C pieces are for solo alto saxophone so are not featured in Saxophone Practice Partner.