With the Flip-Over FACES App, a child can casually explore facial expressions within a fun and adaptable environment.
Generate hundreds of facial expressions by changing eyebrow position, eye direction, mouth type, and so on. Additionally, multiple hairstyles and eyewear options are available. Every face is a new entertaining experience.
The App was designed for students with low vision; a cognitive level of 5 years of age and older; autism; and/or language delays, as well as sighted students and adults. Everyone can benefit from—and have fun—learning about facial expressions.
• High contrast colors of various facial features and accessories
• Sections of the displayed face can be swiped with one, two, or three fingers to change eyebrow position (top section), eye direction (middle section), and mouth shape (bottom section).
• An audio description of the displayed face can be activated or can be spoken with the use of a screen reader.
• The background color can be toggled between black or white depending on the ideal visual contrast for the user.
• Favorite FACES (limit of 20 at a time) can be saved in a personal folder for later retrieval or to share with friends.
• Easy-to-access how-to instructions with or without the use of a screen reader are also available.
As your child or student uses the Flip-Over FACES app, consider complementing and extending its use with the following activities:
To encourage expressive language, ask them to describe the features of the displayed face in their own words.
Have them to combine facial features that they think will convey a certain emotion.
Ask them to create a story that explains why the face looks sad, disgusted, tired, etc.
Use the App to teach and reinforce the shape and spatial concepts of facial features.
Students and adults of every ability will flip over the fun to be had with this educational and engaging FACES App!