The CharmPass app lets you purchase and use fares instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card or PayPal account in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
• No paper fares to track.
• Purchase BaltimoreLink Local Service, MARC Train, and Commuter Bus tickets all from one app.
• No need to carry cash, count exact change, or find a ticket machine.
• Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card or your PayPal account.
• Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. CHOOSE SERVICE
2. CHOOSE FARE
3. SELECT TICKET TYPE
4. CHOOSE QUANTITY
5. CHECK OUT
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
A: Cellular network or a wireless Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can activate your pre-purchased tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
A: Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Don't uninstall the CharmPass app or erase your phone while you have active tickets on it. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without a cellular network or a wireless Internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
• Purchase your ticket anytime and activate your fare as you’re boarding.
• Show your ticket to the operator of the vehicle.
• Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.