November 15-16, 2018, Kirovsk Murmansk region, the VIII International Conference «Mining Industry in the Barents Euro – Arctic Region: View to the Future» (IMIC BEAR-2018) will be held. The main theme of the conference - «Modernization of Mining, Chemical and Metallurgical Enterprises Aimed at Integrated Development of the Mineral Resource Base».
The arrangement of IMIC BEAR conference has become a good tradition and a reliable business platform for exchanging of views, ideas, experience between the specialists of mining companies and service enterprises, the representatives of state and public organizations, the entrepreneurs of mining industry. The participation in this conference provides a unique opportunity to meet and communicate with managers and specialists of leading mining companies of the North-West region.
As a part of the first day of the conference, a plenary session will be held, at which the issues relevant to the mining industry will be announced. Moreover, the participants of the conference will get an opportunity to familiarize with the exhibition stands representing various mining companies.
Round-table discussion format of the second day of ""IMIC BEAR-2018"" conference will be changed compared with previous years. For instance, the meetings will be held at four venues.
At Kirovsky mine, it is planned to discuss the following topics:
- Difficulties in Modernization of the Mining Complex due to Transition to the Best Available Technologies.
- Mining Patterns in Challenging Geological Environment.
At Vostochny Mine:
- Convergence of Interests between the Construction Complex and Mining Enterprises of Murmansk Region in the Development of Building Industry and Exploration of Ore and Non-metallic Materials
At apatite-nepheline beneficiation plant No.3:
- Problems of Subsurface Use, Resource Base, Recycling and Environmental Protection
In PhosAgro Training Center:
- Human Resources' Issues and Prospects at Mining Enterprises - Organization of Corporate Training and Interaction with Educational Institutions
Within the round-table discussions, the participants of the conference will be able not only to take part in the discussion of these topics, but to make a presentation on an important and relevant for the mining industry topic as well.
Tours and demonstrations of the introduction of modern technologies will be arranged on the abovementioned facilities as well. For example, Kirovsky Mine will show the operation of automated system for drilling deep boreholes, Vostochny Mine - in-pit crushing and conveying complex, PhosAgro Training Center – modern training simulators to operate various equipment.
Keywords: BEAR, BEAR-2018, PhosAgro, Apatit