Read the readings of new and old Testament, psalms and gospel of daily liturgy.
- English (Calendar of United States Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- Spanish (Calendar of Conferencia Episcopal Española)
- Portuguese (Calendar of Conferência Nacional dos Bispos do Brasil)
- French (Roman Calendar)
Support the development of the application installing the PRO version "Daily Readings PRO key"
This app uses 44MB of SD Memory space due to the scriptures being stored in a database. This enables you to have the readings available when you are not connected to the internet.
The purpose of this App is to provide the complete Daily Office Lectionary scriptures that are normally only listed by their passages. This enables the reader from having to look these scriptures up. I hope you and your family enjoy this App as much as I have enjoyed creating it for use with my own family.
As a special gift for our customers there are included three sets of readings:
★ Readings from United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
★ Revised Common Lectionary
★ Book of Common Worship
This application does not require Internet connection to access the lectionaries. Mass Lectionary and Preaching can help you to simplify the Christianity worship services you might attend with the unique optimization for the Android devices.
If you want to stay focused on the word of God and enforce your faith, this app is just for you!
What is included in the Mass Lectionary and Preaching:
★ USCCB, RCL and Common Worship lectionaries
★ Every day actual Mass Reading (First Reading, Psalm, Second Reading, Alleluia, and Gospel)
★ Accessibility features - font size adjustment and white on black text
★ Links for additional comments
★ Layout for vertical and horizontal screen orientation
Quickly access Anglican (Church of England) Common Worship feeds for Morning, Evening and Night Prayer; reformatted for Android screen (adjustable text size and themes). NB These feeds are provided by the CofE (see in app for copyright details).
Contemporary and traditional prayers/liturgies, or add your own (nearly any website will work).
Save liturgies for later offline viewing.
Schedule daily reminders for prayers/liturgies e.g. remind yourself at 8am each morning to do CofE Morning Prayer and at 9pm to do Night Prayer.
Use volume controls to scroll up and down.
If you want a more general prayer/service/liturgy app check out "Open Prayer Book".
tuba_mirum (June 3, 2011)
Brilliant! This is just what I've been looking for. It's quick to load, intuitive to follow and works flawlessly. It loads the office of the day with all the changes for the day concerned, the full lectionary readings and seasonal variations. As an Australian Anglican with no access to local electronic prayer books (they don't exist for copyright reasons), this is an absolute God-send. Thank you!
Sudharshan (August 31, 2011)
This is the best and useful application I have come across. Thank you.
rc (December 7, 2010)
This software is excellent..and of course the content is awesome... I use this tool every single day
peterthevicar (August 1, 2010)
Fabulous piece of work thank you!
leslieannehope (May 8, 2010)
This is a wonderful resource for anyone who wants to pray the Anglican daily offices.
Now available for iPhone/iPad (search for Common Prayer James Porter).
NB If there are problems loading liturgies this is likely to be an issue with the CofE feeds (not the App). Please, bear in mind I have absolutely no control over this service. Any disruptions are likely to be temporary. Please check http://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-worship/join-us-in-daily-prayer.aspx for service updates.
Make Bible study and reflection part of your everyday routine with the Reflections for Daily Prayer app.
This easy to use daily prayer app is based on the only Bible reading notes designed specifically for the Church of England by Church House Publishing. Following the Common Worship lectionary, the Reflections for Daily Prayer app allows you to read and reflect every day on the same passages as thousands of Anglicans worldwide.
To explore this prayer time app, download this free app with sample of Reflections for Daily Prayer for free including this week's reflections. To continue getting your daily reflection choose from a weekly, monthly or annual subscription for six daily bible reflections a week (Monday to Saturday) including:
- Full lectionary details for Morning Prayer from Common Worship
- A reflection on a Bible reading
- A Collect (prayer)
- Option to read reflection within "Simple Morning Prayer" format
How does Reflections subscription feature work?
• Downloading the app is free, and you get Reflections every day for one week of six reflections free and you also have access to the previous two weeks worth
• If you choose to subscribe, simply select the one month (£1.99) or annual (£11.99) subscription
• You can turn off auto-renewal any time from your Google Play account settings; or do it right on your device if you don’t want to continue with the auto-renewal of your subscription
The daily reflections are written by leading authors and theologians from around the world, including Alan Bartlett, Rosalind Brown, Steven Croft, Malcolm Guite, Sue Hope, John Kiddle, Jane Leach, Jan McFarlane, Barbara Mosse, David Moxon, Martyn Percy, Ben Quash, Angela Tilby and Jane Williams.
Already one of the most widely used prayer apps available, the Reflections for Daily Prayer app has a number of unique features not found in other prayer apps. For instance, you can:
- Browse reflections by date, author and Bible reading
- Read in scroll or paged formats
- Bookmark your favourite daily entries for easy reference
- See reflections for the week ahead
- Follow Bible reference links to the online Oremus Bible Browser (NRSV) - no need for a separate Bible app
The Reflections for Daily Prayer app is published by Church House Publishing, the official publisher of the Church of England. For more information visit www.dailyprayer.org.uk or www.chpublishing.co.uk
Terms of service can be found at http://www.aimermedia.com/Reflections/tos
“Reflections is proving just the right sort of biblical personal trainer for thousands of Christians,” Tom Wright.
iBreviary Pro Terra Sancta wants to contribute, through a partnership with Custody of the Holy Land, friendship and prayer for all Christians living Holy Places. iBreviary contains:
- Breviary, Missal and Lectionary complete in 7 languages and continuously updated (Italian, French, Spanish, Romanian, English and Latin)
- The text of the Breviary and the Missal in the Vetus Ordo Ambrosian Rite and Latin
- All the main prayers of the Christian
- Rituals for the sacraments and celebrations
- The liturgical texts used in the Holy Land Also iBreviary "Pro Terra Sancta" offers, than the first version of iBreviary:
- The new section, "Rites", with all the rituals and texts for the various celebrations Catholic (Adoration of the Eucharist, the Sacraments, Blessings, etc.).
- The brand new "Terra Sancta" the liturgical texts used in the Holy Land
- Keep in touch through the blog and the pages of the Franciscans Holy Places. - A rich section dedicated to Saints
- Store a day on any device
- Full management of saved days (selection and cancellation)
- Unlimited storage days (something very much in demand by those who want to download a bit of days for travel or long period without internet access from your Android
- Instantly download the entire week (continuing to quietly use the application without having to wait for the download).
- Enlarge and diminish the character of the text, with the flick of the fingers on the screen
- The ability to adjust the color of the background for a better reading of texts
- Application Languages: Italian, Inglese, Spanish, Deutsch, Française, Romanian - Content Languages: Italian, Inglese, Spanish, Français, Romanian, Latinum
- Languages constantly updated content.
- A new graphical interface
The OT is roughly 3 times longer than the NT, but as the Bible contains 'progressive revelation' it is best to spend equal amounts of time in each Testament. So in the 3 year cycle you will read the OT once, but you will read the NT 3 times.
FREE RESOURCES INCLUDE:
The Catholic Lectionary, The Roman Catechism, Pictorial Lives of the Saints, Sources of Catholic Dogma (Denzinger), Thomas a Kempis’ The Imitation of Christ, Newman’s An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine, Chesterton’s Orthodoxy, and many more.
Free Bibles: The Douay-Rheims, King James Version, Clementine Vulgate, Novum Testamentum Graece (Tischendorf), The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition, Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament, Lexham English Bible.
Lectionary—go right to the readings of the day with a tap.
Catechism of the Catholic Church—the app integrates fully with the Logos edition of the Catechism.
Notes—Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any verse or book.
Highlighting—Mark the words that matter with fully customizable color and text options.
Community Notes—Share verse-by-verse thoughts and comments with your Faithlife groups.
Bible Word Study—Learn more about any word by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
Passage Guide—Get a detailed, verse-specific report including commentaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
Split Screen—follow threads of meaning through multiple books at the same time.
Search—Find every mention of a word or phrase in every resource in your library
Social—share with your Faithlife Groups and keep up with what’s going on.
PastoralCare provides easy-to-navigate rites and resources for the care of people in times of sickness and distress, joy and celebration. Psalms, Scripture readings, prayers, hymn texts, and commentaries are woven together and applied to more than 60 different situations to uplift and support God’s people. PastoralCare is the ideal app for all pastors, ministers, elders, and caregivers. The prayers, hymns, and readings in PastoralCare make this a perfect devotional app for everyone.
* 18 visitation rites
* 63 care resources in 8 categories
- At the time of birth
- Ministering to the sick
- At the time of death
- Times of spiritual distress
- Home and family
- Times of celebration
- Miscellaneous situations
* Scripture readings
* Psalms with optional chant marks and 8 music and audio tones for singing
* Complete church year calendar with readings and prayers for all Sundays and festivals
* 27 pastor’s prayers of preparation
* 19 seasonal proper prefaces
* 125 additional prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings
* 171 best-loved hymns with complete texts
* Select hymns and liturgical texts in German and Spanish
* Dates for Sundays, feasts, and festivals generated according to the dynamic calendar
* 8 Psalm tones include music and audio of pipe organ accompaniment
* Bookmarking capabilities to organize your resources
* Add and review notes with phone number and address highlighting
* Easy to navigate
* Fully searchable
* Small, medium, and large font sizes
* Night reading mode
* Three-Year and One-Year Lectionaries included
This app offers scheduled daily reminders and links to related Bible passages, and it allows you to journal, bookmark, and share via social media.
Links to related Bible passages
Library of downloadable monthly issues
Streaming audio content
Sharing via email, Facebook, and Twitter
Links to read through the Bible in one year
Excerpts from the Jerusalem Bible are used in the Lectionary for Mass that was approved by the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales and that is used in most of the English-speaking world. Other translations have also been approved for use in the Liturgy by the English and Welsh bishops.
New Testament consist of:
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation.
The Revised Version, Standard American Edition of the Bible, more commonly known as the American Standard Version (ASV), is a version of the Bible that was released in 1901. It was originally best known by its full name, but soon came to have other names, such as the American Revised Version, the American Standard Revision, the American Standard Revised Bible, and the American Standard Edition. By the time its copyright was renewed in 1929, it had come to be known by its present name, the American Standard Version. Because of its prominence in seminaries, it was in America sometimes simply called the "Standard Bible".
The American Standard Version is rooted in the work that was done with the Revised Version (RV). In 1870, an invitation was extended to American religious leaders for scholars to work on the RV project. A year later, 30 scholars were chosen by Philip Schaff. The denominations represented were the Baptist, Congregationalist, Dutch Reformed, Friends, Methodist, Episcopal, Presbyterian, Protestant Episcopal, and Unitarian. These scholars began work in 1872.
Any suggestion the American team had would be accepted by the British team only if two-thirds of the British team agreed. This principle was backed up by an agreement that if their suggestions were put into the appendix of the RV, the American team would not publish their version for 14 years. The appendix had about 300 suggestions in it.
The divine name of the Almighty (the Tetragrammaton) is consistently rendered Jehovah in the ASV Old Testament, rather than LORD as it appears in the King James Bible. The reason for this change, as the Committee explained in the preface, was that "...the American Revisers... were brought to the unanimous conviction that a Jewish superstition, which regarded the Divine Name as too sacred to be uttered, ought no longer to dominate in the English or any other version of the Old Testament..." Other changes from the RV to the ASV included (but were not limited to) substituting "who" and "that" for "which" when referring to people, and Holy Ghost was dropped in favor of Holy Spirit. Page headings were added and footnotes were improved.
The Old Testament is a Christian term for a collection of religious writings of ancient Israel that form the first section of Christian Bibles, in contrast to the Christian New Testament. The books included in the Old Testament (the Old Testament canon) varies markedly between Christian denominations; Protestants accept only the Hebrew Bible's canon but divide it into 39 books, while Catholics, the Eastern Orthodox, Coptic and Ethiopian churches recognise a considerably larger collection.
This Daily Bible Mobile app gives you access to Daily verses from the Holy Bible, in the palm of your hand. Making it convenient for short moments of strength and inspiration while you are on the bus, in a taxi, or just a quiet moment between meetings.
Readings are chosen from the Christian Lectionary for the season or Holy Day.
Browse or search the entire Bible, available in several versions and languages (English, Chinese & Spanish).
--- NOTE: Internet access is required to access the texts ----
It is a small and simple app, and we hope to add more features to it over time, so keep watching for more free updates.
We're sorry to include ads in an app like this, and we hope to have an ad-free version soon, but we still have our day jobs, and the support we receive from the ads will help us to make this app better for everyone.
Thank you for your interest in our small app, and may God Bless you.
The Daily Bible app is free and includes:
* Daily Bible Reading Plan
* Multiple Bible translations
* Daily Bible Verse of the Day
* Daily Bible Devotions
* Read the Word for Today
* Listen to Audio Sermons
* Watch Worship Videos with lyrics (soon)
* Christian Video clips including sermons, testimonies and inspirational clips (soon)
Be blessed and encouraged today.
App needs internet connection to update.
- The Daily Office - Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, Compline and Vespers are available as well as Daily Devotions
- Collects - Prayers that follow the Church Calendar and for special events
- The Psalter - Psalms 1-150
- Prayers - Daily prayers that cover various topics
- Thanksgivings - Daily Thanksgivings covering various topics
- The Daily Lectionary is available from any screen by selecting the Clock icon on the Actionbar. The Lectionary will open in the web browser on your device. To return to BCP Online, use the Back button on your device.
- Keep a Prayer List by selecting the Pencil icon
Want to see the entire Book of Common Prayer? Select BCP Online from the menu.
The app works in Android 2.2 (Froyo) and above. It also looks great on an Android tablet. It uses the BCP Online site for its contents.
The BCP Online Android app and Acrylic Goat Software are not affiliated with the Episcopal Church.
Keywords: Book of Common Prayer, Episcopal, Psalms, BCP, Prayers, Thanksgivings, Lectionary, Prayer List
More from developer
* View the fasting guidelines, readings, and saints of the day.
* Search for your favorite saint or feast any time during the year.
* Quickly look up movable feasts based on the date of Pascha.
* Lookup definitions of Orthodox words
* Read a selection of Orthodox Prayers (more to come soon!)
* Settings to allow viewing both the content and the interface in multiple languages. Currently, it is available in English, Greek, and Arabic, but we hope to add more soon.
* Font size and face options for readings.
* Menu to navigate between pages.
* Typeface sizing options.
This app follows the typikon and lectionary of the Ecumenical Patriarchate.