Read the readings of new and old Testament, psalms and gospel of daily liturgy.
- English (Calendar of United States Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- Spanish (Calendar of Conferencia Episcopal Española)
- Portuguese (Calendar of Conferência Nacional dos Bispos do Brasil)
- French (Roman Calendar)
Support the development of the application installing the PRO version "Daily Readings PRO key"
This app uses 44MB of SD Memory space due to the scriptures being stored in a database. This enables you to have the readings available when you are not connected to the internet.
The purpose of this App is to provide the complete Daily Office Lectionary scriptures that are normally only listed by their passages. This enables the reader from having to look these scriptures up. I hope you and your family enjoy this App as much as I have enjoyed creating it for use with my own family.
TO PRAY ROSARY IN LATIN, PLEASE TAP [NEW ROSARY] BUTTON WHEN IN LATIN ROSARY SELECTION.
We do read phone state but we don't keep any of the phone data. This feature to check phone state is enabled to interrupt playing on internal podcast player so you can answer the phone without podcast playing.
Also, we read SD card to save and import files for [My Prayers] section.
If you're running into more issues please email me from application using: Menu->Email Developer
I will work with anyone to resolve problems.
Send us email to firstname.lastname@example.org with problems,and check ayckasoft.blogspot.com for release notes and how to use it.
- Search by book name, chapter number or by word;
- Quick and simple navigation between pages;
- It´s possible to share any verse with the apps in your Android;
- Easy to read because there is a nice contrast difference between verses;
- Catholic Version;
The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία, tà biblía, "the books") is a canonical collection of texts considered sacred in Judaism as well as in Christianity. The term Bible is shared between the two religions, although the contents of each of their collections of canonical texts is not the same. Different religious groups include different books within their canons, in different orders, and sometimes divide or combine books, or incorporate additional material into canonical books.
The Hebrew Bible, or Tanakh, contains twenty-four books divided into three parts: the five books of the Torah ("teaching" or "law"), the Nevi'im ("prophets"), and the Ketuvim ("writings").
Christian Bibles range from the sixty-six books of the Protestant canon to the eighty-one books of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church canon. The first part of Christian Bibles is the Old Testament, which contains, at minimum, the twenty-four books of the Hebrew Bible divided into thirty-nine books and ordered differently than the Hebrew Bible. The Catholic Church and Eastern Christian churches also hold certain deuterocanonical books and passages to be part of the Old Testament canon. The second part is the New Testament, containing twenty-seven books: the four Canonical gospels, Acts of the Apostles, twenty-one Epistles or letters, and the Book of Revelation.
By the 2nd century BCE Jewish groups had called the Bible books "holy," and Christians now commonly call the Old and New Testaments of the Christian Bible "The Holy Bible" (τὰ βιβλία τὰ ἅγια, tà biblía tà ágia) or "the Holy Scriptures" (η Αγία Γραφή, e Agía Graphḗ). Many Christians consider the whole canonical text of the Bible to be divinely inspired. The oldest surviving complete Christian Bibles are Greek manuscripts from the 4th century. The oldest Tanakh manuscript in Hebrew and Aramaic dates to the 10th century CE, but an early 4th-century Septuagint translation is found in the Codex Vaticanus.
The Bible was divided into chapters in the 13th century by Stephen Langton and into verses in the 16th century by French printer Robert Estienne and is now usually cited by book, chapter, and verse. The Bible has estimated annual sales of 25 million copies, and has been a major influence on literature and history, especially in the West where it was the first mass printed book.
The Pocket Catholic App allows you to carry with you a searchable list of common Catholic prayers said during the Holy Mass or while in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament. You also have the ability to find Catholic Churches near you based on your phones current location. There is a handy Note Pad area so you can jot down any notes, prayer requests, Catholic intentions or reflections while you are praying. Can't find a missal in the pew, no problem! Just click on the Daily Readings button and follow along with todays readings. You can also listen live to the Catholic Radio Station EWTN, and stream it while you navigate to other apps. We will continue to implement new features and prayers in future updates and encourage any feedback you may have. This app is made available for free and all I ask in return is that you keep my family in your prayers :) Thanks for the positive reviews everyone!
PRO Version Advantages
- No ads
- You can see the previous day's readings and following the current.
Have in your smartphone the day readings Missal of the Catholic Church in English and Spanish.
- Divine Liturgy of St John Chrysostom.
Η εφαρμογή αυτή περιέχει κάποιες από τις Ακολουθίες της Ορθόδοξης Εκκλησίας. Για κάποια κείμενα συμπεριλαμβάνονται επιπλέον και η νεο-Ελληνική μετάφραση καθώς και η Αγγλική μετάφραση.
- Θεία Λειτουργία του Αγίου Ιωάννου του Χρυσοστόμου (Πρωτότυπο, Νεο-Ελληνική Μετάφραση, Αγγλική Μετάφραση).
- Θεία Λειτουργία Μ. Βασιλείου
- Θεία Λειτουργία των Προηγιασμένων
- Ακολουθίες Μεγάλης Εβδομάδος
- Ακολουθία Χαιρετισμών
- Ακάθιστος Ύμνος
- Μικρός Παρακλητικός Κανών
- Μέγας Παρακλητικός Κανών
- Απόδειπνον Μικρόν
- Απόδειπνον Μέγα
- Όρθρος Κυριακών και Εορτών
- Ενάτη Ώρα
- Ακολουθία του Ευχελαίου
- Ακολουθία του Αγιασμού
- Ακολουθία του Βαπτίσματος
- Ακολουθία του Γάμου
- Ακολουθία Νεκρώσιμος
- Νεκρώσιμον Τρισάγιον
Ευχαριστώ για τα καλά σας λόγια στα σχόλιά σας! Αν βρείτε λάθη, παρακαλώ να με ενημερώσετε με e-mail για να τα διορθώσω.
Following are some of the prayers which are there in this app:
The Lord's Prayer (Our Father)
The Hail Mary
The Apostles' Creed
Hail Holy Queen
Act of Contrition
Act of Hope
Act of Love
Stations of the Cross
The Holy Rosary
Roman Catholic Eucharist Mass
Catholic prayers,Daily prayers,Roman catholic mass,Basic catholic Prayers,The holy rosary,Stations of the cross,Prayer to Jesus,Marian Prayers,Prayers to Mary,Rosary of the Virgin Mary,
Prayer Book,stations of the cross holy rosary,
iMissal has been one of the top selling Catholic applications since its inception.
Visit http://www.imissal.com for more details.
See what others are saying about iMissal:
"This is the best Catholic App I have downloaded so far..." - Scrello
"Worth every penny! I am a very active Catholic, and this application is absolutely wonderful." - Spartagon
"This is one cool app if your a geeky Catholic like myself." - tupelogeek.com
"Worth more than charged..." - Lisurbi
iMissal is Catholic Reference Application & Roman Missal for your Android, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
If you are a life-long Catholic or new to the faith, this application is for you!
Use iMissal to delve further into the Church's holy celebration.
Here is what is included in iMissal:
1) A complete Missal:
Liturgical Calendar: Full calendar displaying all of the liturgical seasons. The calendar is color coded based on liturgical season and shows Holy Days of Obligation, Solemnities, Major Feasts, Saints, etc. Calendar is currently available for years 1990 - 2050.
Mass Readings: All the Mass Readings for every liturgical cycle (A,B,C,I,II) are included! This includes First Reading, Psalm, Second Reading, Alleluia, and Gospel for all Sunday and Weekday Masses. Reading text is always available for every day, no WIFI connection necessary. Uses translations officially approved for Mass in the U.S. Great resource for Lectors.
** The liturgical texts provided in iMissal are used with the permission of the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine and the International Committee on English in the Liturgy. They are the official texts approved for use in the dioceses of the United States by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. Beware of other applications which use other translations and cost much more.
Audio of the Mass Readings. Audio is only available for more recent dates (sliding window of aprx. 30 days). * WIFI connection recommended for optimal playback of audio files.
Order of Mass: Ever wish you could follow along in Mass and have all the prayers, responses, etc. available. Now you can. Great for RCIA candidates that are new to the faith. New Mass 3rd Edition is now included.
Mass Videos: Cantcha, Inc. has teamed up with CatholicTV.com and now provides videos of the Mass for you to watch. * WIFI connection is required for optimal playback of videos. Videos are of high quality.
2) Our Daily Bread:
Get a unique Bible verse for every day of the year displayed on beautiful backgrounds. * No WIFI connection is necessary.
These verses have been hand selected from some of the most popular. Also included are some obscure verses you may have not seen before.
* Save your favorite verses for later reference.
* Search on any word across all verses to quickly find your favorites.
* If you miss a day you can easily go back to view previous verses.
* Mix it up by pushing the random button to get new verse each time.
* Email any verse (w/o background) to your friends and family with a push of a button.
Over 100 of the most popular Catholic prayers are included.
Email your favorite prayers to your friends.
4) Catholic News Feed
Stay current on Catholic News and Events.
Thousands of pages of scripture. Buying the equivalent text in your book store can cost a lot more than the price of this application.
We have a lot of additional content planned for iMissal - stay tuned and God Bless.
This app offers scheduled daily reminders and links to related Bible passages, and it allows you to journal, bookmark, and share via social media.
Scheduled daily reminders
Personal journaling section
Bookmark favorite devotions
Discuss daily reading with other users in public comments
Selectable color schemes and text formatting preferences
Links to related Bible passages
Library of downloadable monthly issues
Streaming audio content
Sharing via email, Facebook, and Twitter
Links to read through the Bible in one year
Sync activity with other mobile devices and ODB.org
Contains the 73 books of the Holy Catholic Bible.
You can narrow the search to a specific chapter in a book. Also allows you to post verses to facebook.
Provides a daily mass reading from the Douay-Rheims Bible.(please be patient on this functionality, we are working hard to get those from our provider, but its going to be there soon)
More than 1000 prayers!!
Gives you access to iangelus.com (catholic singles)
Now you can save a prayer into "My prayers"(use menu)
You can also delete a prayer from "My prayers"(long press)
Keywords:bible,catholic,prayers,church, imissal, ,daily readings,reading,NAB,NIV,Divine,catholic,Laudate, Office,catolico,catolica,KJV,Biblia,Confession,catechism,catholic calendar,liturgic,calendar,Vatican,iPadre,divine Mercy,Lectio Divina,church,Gospel,imass,iPieta,Religious
As a special gift for our customers there are included three sets of readings:
★ Readings from United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
★ Revised Common Lectionary
★ Book of Common Worship
This application does not require Internet connection to access the lectionaries. Mass Lectionary and Preaching can help you to simplify the Christianity worship services you might attend with the unique optimization for the Android devices.
If you want to stay focused on the word of God and enforce your faith, this app is just for you!
What is included in the Mass Lectionary and Preaching:
★ USCCB, RCL and Common Worship lectionaries
★ Every day actual Mass Reading (First Reading, Psalm, Second Reading, Alleluia, and Gospel)
★ Accessibility features - font size adjustment and white on black text
★ Links for additional comments
★ Layout for vertical and horizontal screen orientation
The OT is roughly 3 times longer than the NT, but as the Bible contains 'progressive revelation' it is best to spend equal amounts of time in each Testament. So in the 3 year cycle you will read the OT once, but you will read the NT 3 times.
☀Additional benefits in pro version:
✔ Ad-free, faster & smoother
✔ Shake the phone to speak (Text-to-speech, TTS engine support)
✔ PDF support, fast & speech compatible
✔ Reading statistics function
✔ More beautiful themes, background images and fonts
✔ Customize reader bar function
✔ Headset & Bluetooth keys control
✔ Multi-point touch support
✔ Option for password protection at startup
✔ Book to home screen shortcut
✔ Annotations, highlights & bookmarks share support
✔ Open/Backup/Sync/Download/Upload book files via Dropbox/GDrive
✔ Tilt to turn page with customized actions
✔ Customer email support
☀PDF features in Pro version:
✔ Fill out PDF Form
✔ Highlight, annotation, handwriting
✔ Smart scroll lock, smooth reading experience
✔ Night mode support, 6 additional pdf themes available
✔ Dual-page mode for landscape screen
✔ Speech, auto-scroll compatible
✔ Read statistics, sync, flip animation available
☆The key features:
• Support online ebook libraries and personal calibre ebook server.
• Read local books with smooth scroll and tons of innovation.
• Full visual options: line space, font scale, bold, italic, shadow, alpha colors, fading edge etc.
• 10+ themes embedded, includes Day & Night mode switcher.
• Various types of paging: touch screen, volume keys or even camera, search or back keys.
• 24 customized operations (screen click, swipe gesture, hardware keys), apply to 15 customized events: search, bookmark, themes, navigation, font size and more.
• 5 auto-scroll modes: rolling blind mode; by pixel, by line or by page. Real-time speed control.
• Adjust the brightness by sliding your finger along the left edge of the screen, gesture commands supported.
• Intelligent paragraph; indent paragraph; trim unwanted blank spaces and lines options.
• Keep your eyes health options for long-time reading.
• Real page turning effect with customized speed/color/transparent; 5 page flip animations.
• My Bookshelf design: Favorites, Downloads, Authors, Tags; self bookcover, search, import supported.
• Justified text alignment, hyphenation mode supported.
• Dual page mode for landscape screen.
• Support all four screen orientations.
• EPUB3 multimedia content support (video and audio), popup footnote support
• Backup/Restore options to cloud via DropBox, sync reading positions between phones and tablets.
• Highlight, Annotation, Dictionary (Offline or Online, support ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora, ABBYY Lingvo, etc.), Translation, Share functions all in moon+ ebook reader.
• Localized in 40 languages: English, አማርኛ, العربية, հայերեն, Български, català, český, dansk, Nederlands, eesti, suomi, français, galego, საქართველოს, Deutsch, ελληνικά, עברית, magyar, Indonesia, italiano, 日本語, 한국어, македонски, persan, polski, português, português brasil, român, русский, српски, 简体中文, slovenských, slovenskega, español, Svenskt, 繁體中文, ภาษาไทย, Türk, yкраїнський, Việt
-Tags: book reader, ebook reader, pdf reader, ebook speech, pdf annotate form, epub, mobi, pdf, rar, moon reader pro, ibook, stanza, kindle, nook color, aldiko HD, kobo, comics, comic reader, cbz reader
-About GET_ACCOUNTS permission: used for Google Drive function only
-About READ_PHONE_STATE permission: used to stop TTS when there is a call coming
More from developer
* View the fasting guidelines, readings, and saints of the day.
* Search for your favorite saint or feast any time during the year.
* Quickly look up movable feasts based on the date of Pascha.
* Lookup definitions of Orthodox words
* Read a selection of Orthodox Prayers (more to come soon!)
* Settings to allow viewing both the content and the interface in multiple languages. Currently, it is available in English, Greek, and Arabic, but we hope to add more soon.
* Font size and face options for readings.
* Menu to navigate between pages.
* Typeface sizing options.
This app follows the typikon and lectionary of the Ecumenical Patriarchate.