Control Britains typical narrowboats in 3D
This application attempts to bring the simulation of narrow boats on your android device.
A tutorial will teach you some minimal aspects of how to control these boats on the canal.
When you've managed the basics you'll move to the "Drifting Badger Marina" where several tasks await you.
To advance you'll have to collect Canal Karma
by displaying your navigating skills.
Having completed the tasks with a high enough Canal Karma will unlock the the Cruise Free
mode and unlock up to two additional narrowboats.
This app is free
and contains no ads
. (May change on future releases)
This app ask for the right "INTERNET". This is required for an optional experimental function to use a second android device in the same network as VR/Touch-Controller.
Features of the current version:
- Three narrowboats (54ft, 70ft and 27ft) a Rubber Duck and a historical boat.
- Several control possibilities:
- Throttle/Gear control and Tiller (naturally)
- Mooring dialogue to tie/untie your boat
- Pushing off (when run aground or at the dock)
- Different point of views
- Basic Joystick/Gamepad support
- Experimental VR support (gyroscope sensor required)
- A short stretch of a canal with:
- Winding hole
- 4 locks
- A 2x2km stretch of the Llangollen Canal around the Poncysyllte Aqueduct with:
- Lift Bridge (28W)
- The famous Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
- Boat traffic
Visit the website for additional information and help:https://sites.google.com/view/narrowboat-simulator