One in three children with cerebral palsy (CP) will develop hip displacement that can be treated more effectively with early detection. HipScreen is an educational tool developed by cerebral palsy experts Vedant Kulkarni, MD and Jon Davids, MD for implementing an early detection “hip surveillance” program that can preserve a child's function and prevent pain.
This app features:
- Educational material based on peer-reviewed medical literature on hip surveillance for children with CP
- Protocols for obtaining appropriately positioned and properly timed x-rays to identify silent hip disorders, including full hip surveillance guidelines from the world’s leading organizations
- Tools to help measure and interpret hip x-rays
HipScreen has been:
- Awarded the 2016 Sage Award by the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) as an outstanding educational resource
- Published in peer-reviewed medical journals
- Featured in international cerebral palsy meetings and hip surveillance guidelines
Tutorials and more information can be found at www.hipscreen.org!
Disclaimer: This app is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. Do not use the information in this app or accompanying website for diagnosing or treating any medical or health condition. A professional healthcare provider should be consulted for existing or suspected medical problems.