Become a brain-for-hire in this mad-science adventure!
"Big Brains in Little Jars" is a 300,000-word interactive novel by Ashlee Sierra. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
As a valued appendage at a company called Gray Matter, you’ll do the thinking, speaking, and fist-fighting for clients who hire you, all from the comfort of your jar. Along the way, you’ll start riots, solve riddles, torment party clowns, escape burning buildings, find allies among your fellow brains, and commit felonies. Not a bad gig, as long as eternal servitude is your jam.
Of course, every workplace has its downsides. Bad brains get imprisoned in dead bodies, your coworkers are tired of being science experiments, and that intern won’t quit looking at you funny. Also, the healthcare coverage is abysmal. But escaping won’t be easy. After all, you’re a brain in a jar—and Gray Matter isn’t about to let a valued appendage just roll out the door.
* Don’t worry about gender (you’re just a brain) or sexual orientation (seriously, you’re just a brain).
* As a brain-for-hire at Gray Matter, help your clients achieve their wildest dreams—or humiliate them in front of everyone.
* Explore the depths of a mysterious underground laboratory known for madcap scientific experiments. (Portal gun not included.)
* Bully scientists, befriend disgruntled coworkers, or forge risky alliances with high-ranking Gray
* Matter employees to learn where your brain-jar is imprisoned.
* Choose one of four distinct sidekicks, each with unique abilities to help you navigate Gray Matter.
* Flex your mockery muscle by increasing your dedicated Sarcasm stat.
* Flip someone off using their own finger, start a fistfight in a corporate break room, ruin a first date, and get into general mad-science mischief.
* Find out whether you’ve got what it takes to outthink Gray Matter—or if you’re bound to spend eternity as a brain trapped in a jar.