You’re enjoying a writing retreat held in an Australian small town when one of your fellow writers is killed, and all the rest are suspects—including you. The ancient rectory grants you curious supernatural powers, and it’s not clear if the magic is benign or malevolent. Can you figure out who the killer is before they take another victim? Is the rectory the real killer? Or is this the ultimate chance to find out for yourself what it feels like to murder another person—and get away with it?
DEATH AT THE RECTORY is an 87,000 word interactive magical murder mystery by Felicity Banks, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fuelled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Are you attracted to the vivacious Indonesian woman or the charming American man? Do you dare to fall in love when the object of your affection might be a murderer? Will your word count survive the stress of being a murder suspect? Will you ever get a turn in the shower?
• Choose from three genders, and whatever sexuality suits your mood.
• Pay attention to the clues, as the murderer is not the same in every play-through.
• Who do you suspect, and who do you trust?
• Pick a genre, hero, and ending for your own novel outline.
• Gather clues to make your case to your fellow writers.
• Can you get away with murder?