Face off against some of the greatest heroes of your age when you are called by the gods to participate in their twelve trials. Coming from humble origins, and hailing from a tiny farming village, you will have to prove yourself worthy of godhood.
"The Twelve Trials" is a 160,000 word interactive fantasy novel by Douglas DiCicco, and won third place in The Choice of Games Contest for Interactive Novels. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
• Play as male, female, or non-binary.
• Defeat dragons and other monsters through brawn or wit.
• Romance a giant, a queen, a muse, and many others.
• Lead a revolution in an oppressed island.
• Find hope for starving villagers in a remote colony.
Complete the twelve trials, and become a god!