Great storytelling and rigorous reporting that informs, engages, inspires and surprises—from the ends of the earth to your own city or town—available to you whenever, wherever.
It’s public radio made personal.
*A handcrafted experience.*
NPR One starts with the latest headlines then moves to a flow of stories that matter—stories that increase your understanding, create connections, enrich your life and enliven your mind. All thoughtfully curated by hand, every day.
*You’re in control. Or not.*
Just pop in your ear buds, tap your phone and NPR One starts flowing. But now if you want to pause, skip ahead, rewind or share a story with friends, you can do that too. All from a simple app.
*Personal, not prescriptive.*
Though your stream is personalized to deliver the stories you want, you’ll still hear the top news of the day and stories you had no idea would captivate you. Journey around the globe and into the most interesting corners of your community—serendipity making your world bigger and smaller at the same time.
Even with the breadth of public radio at your fingertips, you won’t lose touch at home. Local news is woven seamlessly into your listening experience. Local stories, locally reported, are delivered daily. Community is everything.
- A personalized stream of NPR and local station news and stories
- Skip, rewind, pause and share
- Search for your favorite shows, stations and podcasts
- International, national, regional and local content
- A simple, intuitive interface
It’s simple. It’s intuitive. It’s there for you. (Wherever ‘there’ is.)
As fast as the world is changing the way it listens to public radio, NPR One is changing the way we deliver it. NPR is here to deliver the public radio experience wherever you are. Whenever you can connect.
Here we go. It’s NPR One.
*Photo Credit for Audie Cornish: Eli Meir Kaplan*
- Hear live streams from hundreds of NPR stations: search by location (GPS) or zip code / call letters
- Listen to programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Talk of the Nation, Fresh Air, and Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me More
NPR's Science Friday®, with Ira Flatow. Tasty bytes - audio and video - of lively and thoughtful ideas with the experts, from Oliver Sacks to Jane Goodall, Francis Collins to Isabella Rossellini.
With the KPCC Radio app, you won't miss a minute of shows like AirTalk, Patt Morrison, and Off-Ramp, as well as national and international programming from NPR, BBC, and APM.
You'll also get access to news headlines, KPCC videos, on-demand audio archives, and KPCC Member Benefits discounts near you.
With home screen widget, your favorite radios/podcasts are just at the tip of your fingers.
This is ads supported app. With in-app purchase ads can be removed. There's no any functionality difference between ads supported and ads free version.
- Live streams from 300+ NPR, BBC, and CBC member radio stations
- Restart the audio play from where it is left before
- Pause/resume audio play on incoming phone
- Ability to skip the beginning part of the podcast
- Set your favorite radio station as alarm
- Sleep mode to turn off radio after scheduled time
- Play in background
- Download and play it any time you want
- Instance search as you type
- Ability to save download to SD card
- Ability to add new radio station manually
- Ability to add new podcast manually
- Home screen widget for easy play control and quick access
- Chromecast support
• All the latest news as it happens
• Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Listen live to BBC World Service radio
• Home screen widgets to keep you up to date
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Set text size to suit your preferences
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top stories, US & Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa, UK, Technology, Business, Features & Analysis, Science & Environment, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Also In The News, Sport
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
*Currently unavailable for devices running 2.2 and below. We are working on a fix and this will be available soon.
• Push notifications for big breaking news stories
• Landscape support for all devices
• Various bug fixes including an issue that occasionally caused duplicate push notifications.
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or WiFi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
Make your life easier by allowing NPR Station Finder to find the closest NPR radio stations to you. All you need is an AM/FM radio and NPR Station Finder for those long road trips.
Rankings are based on the radio tower location and radiated power.
PRI helps people understand our diverse, interconnected world through global news and cultural perspectives made relevant for Americans.
PRI. Hear a different voice.
Help us improve this application by submitting feedback at http://bit.ly/e3OYrA. Thank you!
- Create your own playlist from marketplace segments
- Save and reorder stories and podcasts for offline listening
- Autoplay turns any playlist into a continuous audio feed
- Alarm clock to start your day with a Marketplace audio feed
- Curated Editor’s Pick feed delivers news in context
- Sharing to social networks including Facebook and Twitter
WNYC is the flagship public radio station of New York City. We produce a range of original and innovative programs and podcasts, including The Brian Lehrer Show, The Leonard Lopate Show, The Takeaway (a co-production with Public Radio International) and, from our newsroom, award-winning local and national reporting. Soundcheck, New Sounds and Spinning on Air feature exclusive performances from the new music scene, while Jonathan Schwartz is the voice of American standards.
We're also home to Radiolab, the Peabody Award-winning show that blurs the boundaries among science, philosophy and the human experience, and Freakonomics Radio, the popular podcast that explores "the hidden side of everything."
Other shows you'll find here include All Things Considered, Ask Me Another, Car Talk, Fishko Files, Food Fridays, Fresh Air, Here's the Thing With Alex Baldwin, Last Chance Foods, Morning Edition, Marketplace, Money Talking, Movie Date, New Tech City, On Being, On Point, Radio Rookies, Radiolab, Selected Shorts, Studio 360 , This American Life and The World.
WNYC is a listener-supported public radio station. Your financial support helps make possible our programming, broadcasting and digital innovation. You can find our donation form on the app menu.
The WNYC app was built by the digital media group of New York Public Radio.
The GPB Atlanta App allows you to listen to and watch GPB Atlanta radio and television, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule all at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for programs, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to GPB with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from GPB even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for the GPB stream!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to GPB in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access GPB programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The GPB Atlanta App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The GPB Media App is brought to you by the people at Georgia Public Broadcasting and Listener-Interactive. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support Georgia Public Broadcasting by becoming a member today!
The application allows you to:
• LISTEN live to WBUR anytime, anywhere
• READ today's top headlines and original stories
• BROWSE hundreds of programs on demand
• VIEW the program schedule and daily line-up of show content
• ACCESS top-of-the-hour news and weather reports from WBUR’s Bob Oakes
• EXCLUSIVE WBUR member offers
The WBUR app is free, so please support us. The app is a joint production of developers at WBUR and Public Radio Exchange (PRX). To learn more, visit WBUR.org.
Let's Get Lost mobile app tours are a fun way to explore cultural, historical and natural sites in and around the San Francisco Bay Area. Available on Android, the first tour brings to life the history and meaning of San Francisco's New Deal Murals, the city's most intriguing works of art from the Depression era, with archival footage, photographs, interviews with the artists, scavenger hunts and more.
• An in-depth look at Coit Tower, Rincon Annex and the Diego Rivera Pan American Unity mural at City College of San Francisco
• Interactive hunts that challenge you to find hidden meanings and censored images at each location.
• Videos providing historical insight into the culture, society and politics of the era and illuminating the creative process.
• Audio Guides offering insights into the inspiration for and the meanings behind specific images.
• Slideshows featuring artist profiles, original mural sketches, documentation of life during the Depression and period newspaper articles about the creation of the murals and the events that inspired them.
This app is perfect for first-time visitors exploring San Francisco and curious locals eager to discover more about their beloved city. Enjoy this reinvention of the walking tour (a perennial favorite) using the latest technology. Brought to you by KQED, your award-winning NPR and PBS public media station for Northern California.