Interval is an application written to help commercial crab fisherman set pots. It will play an alert sound every time the GPS detects a certain distance has been traveled since the last alert.
You can set the alert sound to any sound file that would normally work as a Ringtone or Notification. Just put it on your Internal Storage or SD Card in the "Ringtones" directory (create one if it does not exist). You can also select from the pre-installed sounds on your phone.
NEW in v1.6: You can specify a second alert sound and alternate between two different sounds. Useful for letting guys on the deck know which side should set.
The interval can be set to any distance from 1 to 100,000 feet or meters. However, setting the interval shorter than the current accuracy of your GPS Lock is not recommended. Units are configured in the Preferences menu.
The alert counter will let you know how many times the alert has been sounded since you started tracking.
No Internet connection is required while running the app.
Setup for Crab Fishing:
* Plug your phone in to charge, GPS uses a lot of battery.
* Use an audio cable to plug your headset jack on your phone into the PA on the boat. Or connect your phone to a Bluetooth speaker.
* Keep the phone as close to the window as possible for best GPS signal. If you still can't get a signal you may want to try a Bluetooth external GPS and put it outside in a weatherproof plastic box.
* The first time you run the App you will be required to accept the GPS Location permission. You will need to toggle the GPS Lock back on after accepting. It will automatically start locking on future starts.
* You should also select Preferences from the menu and choose your Alert Sound. It will play the first second of the sound each time the interval is reached. Your Alert Sound preference will be saved.
* Set the desired interval between crab pots.
* When you reach the start of a string press the button to start measuring intervals and sounding alerts.
* At the end of the string press the button again to pause it.
* When you're done with using the app toggle GPS Lock off to make sure your phone doesn't keep requesting GPS information.
If you can't get it to work, or you're not satisfied I will refund the cost (less any Google fees if it's too late to refund them) up to 15 days after purchase.
Feature and improvement requests are welcome and appreciated.
This is designed to replace $800+ worth of gear that is becoming increasingly hard to find. If you have a non-commercial use for this application feel free to contact me and I may give you a free or discounted copy.