95% of businesses agree: the technician shortage is here, and it is severe.
Automotive and trucking organizations only have so many options for overcoming this obstacle. While many shops will focus on poaching technicians, the business focused on staffing for the long term initiates work-based learning (WBL) programs to bolster their talent pipeline.
With a subscription to Mentor Mentee, your business can…
- Determine if your business is ready for a mentoring program with a Workplace Culture Evaluation
- Before mentors or mentees join your program, assess their fit with role specific soft skills assessments that detail 15 critical categories of effective mentoring abilities
- Once mentors and mentees are identified, use our online courses to help set their expectations, and help them understand what is expected of them
- Creating individual mentee training plans is easy! Choose tasks from an industry authored (or customized) task list, enter goals, and start training....in no time. You can set as many or as few goals as you like!
- At Mentor Mentee, we help you “measure the growth of mentees and apprentices, so you can manage them.”
- Record mentees technical progress and view it fast... within a mine!
- Tap “+ Rep”, enter the time spent on the task, select a competency rating, and leave a comment to let them know how they did!
- Not tech savvy? Don’t worry! Mentees can submit their own reps for you to approve!
- Direct and shift your mentees’ growth by using the competency report to see how their skills have improved, and where they might need more help
- Easily switch between task lists for different mentees or apprentices using filters at the top of each report
- Easily view an audit trail of your mentee or apprentices’ tasks to see their training history and progress! Quickly export to spreadsheets for reporting to associations, management review, or any third party that needs to see your mentees’ training progress
- Paperless collection of required DOL apprentice data
- For MSO’s, use the enterprise dashboard to see high level reporting across all locations and mentees
INDUSTRIES AND PROGRAMS WE WORK WITH
- Currently, Mentor Mentee is effective in the Automotive Service, Collision Repair/Refinish, and HeavyDuty/Diesel industries
- In an industry not listed above? Call for customized or business specific task lists
- Have a Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) for automotive, heavy-duty/diesel, or collision repair/refinish? Mentor Mentee can track the Department of Labor (DOL) required technical progress of apprentices, whether you are time, competency, or hybrid based.
- Looking to implement a mentoring program? Mentor Mentee can be used for mentoring technicians in shops of any size. Whether you have 2 bays with 2 mentors or 200 shops with 2,000 mentors , Mentor Mentee can support your mentoring or apprentice program.
The automotive technician shortage is here! Mentor Mentee is here too, to help you overcome it.
Have a question? Give us a call or shoot us an email!