This resource has been developed by the Wiradjuri Study Centre and all information will remain the property of the Wiradjuri people.
Explore and learn the language and culture of the Wiradjuri people anywhere in the world, for free! Browse the dictionary by letter, categories and common phrases. Search in Wiradjuri and English or use our traditional search of images.
The ability to create and use language is the most distinctive feature of humans. Language is culture and culture is language. We learn culture thought language. Without language there is no culture. Without culture there are no people.
The Wiradjuri dictionary is changing the way people learn language and connect with culture. Download today and start exploring, learning and experiencing the Wiradjuri culture.
- Over 7,000 documented Wiradjuri words and phrases.
- Clear and concise studio recordings of correct pronunciations.
- Search in Wiradjuri or English language.
- Traditional search via image.
- Explore via categories such as animals, plants, nature, food, family etc.
- Traditional welcome and acknowledgement every time the app is opened.
- Ideal for all ages and learning levels.
- Caching of content viewed (downloaded) so that it can be used offline or in remote location.
- Based on the hard work of Dr Stan Grant AM and Dr John Rudder.
- All content is culturally appropriate, correct and approved by a Language reference group and Linguist.
SUPPORT & FEEDBACK
If you are having any issues or want to help improve the Dictionary App with your feedback, please visit wcclp.com.au or contact us directly at email@example.com. We are more than happy to answer all your questions and solve any issue, so make sure you contact us before leaving your review!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR ALL UPDATES
Language learning is not just about practice, make sure to follow us on social media and we’ll share any news, updates, live events or additional resources.