Control your Mac from your Android phone or tablet with Sofa's simple user interface.
- Launch apps, quit, minimise, go fullscreen
- Open files on your Mac with the default or another associated app
- Navigate through lists, press buttons and enter text from remote
- Access menu commands
- Hand-crafted controls for the most popular apps and websites
- Adjust volume and display brightness
- Lock the screen, put to sleep, restart and shutdown your Mac
All this while in couch-potato mode or doing a presentation.
Sofa supports interaction with the most popular applications and websites:
- Apple apps: Music, TV, Books, Photos, Preview, Photo Booth, Finder, ...
- Chrome, Safari, Firefox, VLC, MPV, IINA, Skype, ...
- YouTube, YouTube Music, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Spotify, SoundCloud, Vimeo and more!
Get the free Sofa Server for macOS at http://tordini.org/sofa
*** Connection Troubleshooting
Sofa Server discovery works pretty well but there are some external factors that may interfere with it:
- Are your devices on the same Wi-Fi network?
- Did you start the Sofa Server? There should be a small sofa icon on the menu bar.
- Is the Mac firewall enabled and blocking all connections? Try disabling it temporarily. If that works, reenable and tweak its options.
- Is your router blocking multicast?
- Is your Mac connected via ethernet and your router creates a separate Wi-Fi network?