As of 1.0: trial version, requires unlock key after 7 days.
Please note that I don't do support over email. Report issues to the issue tracker or the forums. Please report crashes through the issue tracker instead of android built-in reporting function - this way the problem could be properly discussed and fixed.
Licensed under GPL, source is available on Github: https://github.com/gothfox/Tiny-Tiny-RSS-for-Honeycomb
See the project page for more information: http://tt-rss.org/tt-rss-android
Tiny Tiny RSS is an open source web-based news feed (RSS/Atom) aggregator, designed to allow you to read news from any location, while feeling as close to a real desktop application as possible.
More at http://tt-rss.org/
★ Syncs with Feedly & Ridly
★ Simple, clean, clear and optimized user interface for both phones and tablets
★ Two reading layouts: Magazine and Classic
★ Two working modes: Online and Offline
★ Cache images for offline reading (optional)
★ 2-way synchronization
★ Auto update (default but optional)
★ Easy to view articles by feeds/tags
★ Mark all as read
★ Subscription management
★ Swipe left/right or using navigation buttons to view previous/next articles
★ Auto mobilize articles to view full content
★ Support both portrait and landscape mode
★ Multiple themes: Dark, Light, Gray, and Blue
★ Image gallery
★ Support listening Podcast feeds
★ Fully customizable: Appearance, Synchronization, Image, Notification...
NOTES: Please contact us by email for bugs report. If you have any idea/suggestion, please post it here: http://readerhd.uservoice.com
We will try all the best to give you a great experience when using our products. Thank you.
Keywords: Reader+, Reader Plus, Reader HD, rss, atom, feed, online, offline, reading, news, blogs, tablet, optimized
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
Simple client for accessing instances of Tiny Tiny RSS (http://tt-rss.org/).
Allows you to read and manage your feeds, add tags and sharing posts on Facebook and Twitter.
A great replacement for GoogleReader
Note:in order to use YATTRSSC, enable external api mode in your installation of ttrss under settings > "activate external api"
EasyRSS is an unofficial Google Reader app for Android, aiming at providing the best user experience for users to read and manage Google Reader items.
- Sync with Google Reader
- Image downloading for off-line reading
- Simple swipe between starred/all/unread items
- Manage starred items
- View items by tag or subscription
- State saving & syncing
- Slide up & down to move between items
- Font size adjustment
Note: Google Reader account required
Why permissions android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS and android.permission.MANAGE_ACCOUNTS are needed?
EasyRSS need to acquire the Google accounts on your phone, to make it easier for users to log in.
Special thanks to @teki207 and @soyofuki for Spanish and Japanese translation.
- Disable GPU acceleration support on Android 4.1 devises (for it may cause native crash).
- Enabling GPU acceleration support on Android 4.1/4.2 devices.
- UI updates for popup windows.
- Performance improvements when switching between items.
- Fix re-start of the app when orientation changes.
- Fix bug in syncing (unable to sync sometimes).
- GPU acceleration support.
- Spanish support.
- Be able to save image to SD Card.
- Faster scrolling in viewing items.
- Fix bug in syncing when sync failed.
- Be able to change syncing interval.
- Fix several bugs in syncing.
- Faster "mark all as read".
- Be able to copy item to clipboard.
- Syncing plan optimization.
- Auto-hide item menu.
- Be able to choose between built-in and external browsers.
- UI speed up.
- Built-in browser.
- UI speed up.
- Scrolling improvements.
- Reducing view switching waiting time.
- Setting to turn off mark all as read confirmation.
- UI updates.
- In-app image viewing.
- UI performance improvements.
- Fix a bug that may cause crash when syncing.
- Fix crash bug on some Android devises.
- UI improvements, more fluent scrolling and improved menu bar in item reading interface.
- Faster "Mark all as read".
- Showing "1000+" instead of "1000" when there're more than 1000 items.
- Fix a UI issue on ICS machines.
- Dark theme support.
- More sharing options (support sending item content to Google+, etc.)
- Larger font support.
- Turn back to home screen after "mark all as read".
- Fix a bug in "mark previous as read".
- (IMPORTANT) UI update.
- Fix a bug that may cause crash in syncing.
Keywords: RSS, Google Reader, NewsRob, gReader
Support all kind of news and blog formats (including not limited to RSS, ATOM, Podcast)
Offers advanced, cutting-edge capabilities, including the most comprehensive podcasting support available today.
Support downloads Podcast for offline playback
Support download full article (mobilize) for offline reading
Add your own news source and choose from predefined feeds and podcasts
Easy Search: You can search for a news source by simple keywords
Integration with Google Reader: Import all your RSS feeds from Google Reader into RssDemon is easy
Import/Export from and to OPML: You can easily import feed from OPML and Export through backup
View article comments/image
Full application Backup / Restore (all settings, feeds and articles)
Highly customizable UI and support multiple theme colors with both dark and light background (
Smart notification to alert user when new article become available
Easy share: Share feed article and news on many sources. Sharing it via Facebook, Twitter and Email is easy (Requires Facebook and Twitter Android app installed)
Easy sorting: User can define Sort Article by Unread/Read First, Date ASC/DESC and Title
User can create news shortcut on desktop
User can choose to use SDCard for cache storage and even move application to sdcard (app2sdcard)
Feed grouping: With feed grouping, user cans easily categorize and locate feed; user can switch between Group View and Flat View
Hide unread: Don't like to see unread feed or article, this option make it easy to navigate
Offline reading: RssDemon download and cache article and image locally for easy offline reading.
Automatic download for new article: User can also choose to download mobilize article and podcast automatically by application for any new article/podcast
HTTP-Auth/Password: for protected feed, user now can enter a http auth and password
- Artikelen lezen
- Ondersteuning voor grote én kleine tablets
- Push-berichten bij nieuwe artikelen
Androidworld, de grootste Androidcommunity van Nederland en België.
With its many digital products and services, Readers Hub creates better ways for people to discover published content, get more of it and do more with it.
Readers Hub will help Publishers to get their titles in front of the people who increasingly are turning to devices like iPads, Android Tablets, eReaders and Smart Phones to read books, magazines, journals and newspapers. The stakes are high for publishers to find more ways to make money online.
You tailor feedly to your tastes by creating a collection of the sites you love to read - blogs, magazines, journals, and more.
Feedly is an RSS news reader re-imagined for android phones and tablets. It makes browsing faster and more fun: the content of your rss feeds, news sites and blogs are transformed into pocket-sized cards which load very fast and are easy to browse.
The feedly UI is custom tailored for a 4" phone, a 7" tablet and a 10" tablet. If you run feedly on a tablet, you will get an experience which is very close to a personalized magazine: a really fun way to track and read your favorite blogs.
When you run feedly on a phone and on a tablet, the configuration will automatically syncs between both devices.
Feedly makes sharing content on twitter, facebook and google+ very simple, either directly or using Buffer. Feedly also integrates with Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
NOTE: 9th Nov - Feedly service is down. http://blog.feedly.com/2013/11/09/service-not-available-working-on-fix/
You need to register with the services to use this app.
*** D7 Reader Pro (ad-free paid version: faster & less memory footage) is available in the market ***
rss | atom | news | podcast | feedly | the old reader
A simple, fast and powerful RSS client for Android, lets you to access your reading list and manage your subscriptions with ease from a native application, which is always in sync with the chosen reader service. It can also support listening to podcasts or downloading them for later use. Embedded videos cab be watched in-app if the device supports plugins (enable in preferences).
Note: App features are limited to the chosen reader service.
*** This is an online reader; no offline reading is supported except the saved articles and podcasts.
keywords: rss atom podcast feedly google reader news feed subscription share newspaper search podcast facebook twitter google+ old reader
* Simple, functional and fast
* No Lags what so ever
* Supports Feedly cloud, The Old Reader
* Utilizes low network traffic
* Podcast support (download/play)
* Mobilized articles
* Add new subscription directly from the browser
* Search for articles (depends on reader service support)
* Feed discovery and subscription
* Recommended articles (depends on reader service support)
* Theme support (dark/light)
* (Social) Sharing support (Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Email, Pocket (RIL), Readability, SMS and more)
* Home (dashboard)
- Quick access links to different sections of the app
- Reading list/Subscriptions/Starred/Read items
- Recommended items
- Feed search
- Saved items
- Account switch
- Clean and friendly subscriptions and labels/tags management
- Add new subscription (Using search or direct add)
- Remove subscription
- Add/Remove labels to/from subscriptions
- Rename label/tag
- Delete a label/tag
- Search for articles in labels/tags and subscriptions
* Articles list
- Articles in a list format
- Filter articles: show all or new items (configure in preferences)
- Add/remove star (use swipe actions, if enabled)
- Mark as read or keep unread
- Mark multiple as read (all, visible or above items)
- Search for articles
- Swipe actions (set in preferences)
- Pocket/Readability support
* Recommended items
- From chosen reader service
- Subscribe to interesting feeds from here
* Article (full) view
- Better mobile readability and user experience (horizontal scrolling is not necessary for most articles)
- Navigate between articles using Nav bar, Swipe or Volume key: set in preferences
- One click add/remove star
- One click Keep-unread/Mark as read
- Share in Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Email or SMS
- Add to Pocket/Readability
- Mobilize original article (powered by Google/Instapaper/Readibility)
- View original article in browser
- Open any internal links within the in-app mobilizer (no need to leave the app)
- Save article (rss or mobilized) for offline reading
- listen to podcasts or download for later use
- Open Youtube videos in Youtube app
- Support for video playback (enable plugins in preferences)
- Full screen mode (PRO only)
* Saved items
- a list of saved (in sd card) articles
- listen to downloaded podcasts
* Home screen Widget
- Shows unread count
- Refresh interval can be configured
- Does not update when the phone is in stand by (save battery power when screen is off)
* Set clear cache on exit (preferences) to save SD card space
* And many more
Difference between News+ and gReader: http://newsplus.co/difference-between-newsplus-and-greader
*** About News+ (Google News)***
Since Google has decided to shutdown Google Reader, lots of new and innovative RSS services have arose to light. Many of those services appeared as worthy replacements, and even an upgrade. We couldn’t choose just one or two, and we also had to make some decisions about how our work will continue. We decided not to pick! We created a new app that is the successor of gReader, taking it’s features and functionality but supports as many reading services as possible: News+.
*** Simple, fast and intuitive ***
Our goal was to create a news reader with the best possible reading experience. Our users LOVED how customizable gReader is, and it made sense because a lot of the feature ideas came from the community itself. So, on News+ users can also quickly read their feeds in a simple and intuitive user interface. Article pages can be reduced to the minimum of just the main contents, so that a reader could just concentrate on, well… reading! Consuming content at places without an internet connection is also possible using the great offline Reading features. You can also let News+ read your news to you when out laud, leaving your hands free for other tasks. These and many more features could be found on the features page, at http://newsplus.co/features/.
*** Why choose just one service? Supporting extensions in News+ ***
The power of News+ is as an aggregator. We took gReader’s functional features and added the ability to expand News+ with extensions. Not just for RSS services, but Read Later services as well (Pocket, Readability or Instapaper), and news websites could be integrated too. We plan on integrating more and more services to News+, making it a one-stop-shop for all your news and articles needs. In a single, unified user interface, you can now read and consume content from various different services, and the list will just get bigger and bigger.
Extensions are independent app that can be created and published by everyone. News+ recognized the extensions by itself and shows them directly in the app. Here is a list of current services News+ supports:
* Google News
* Tiny Tiny Rss
Finally, we encourage the News+ community to create extension, and have them published to everyone!
*** Links ***
API Documentation and Extension source codes: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus
Play Store (beta): https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.noinnion.android.newsplus
News+ is an app with Google News features.