If you coach kids under age 13, here’s the info you need to make it through practice and games.
The U.S. Olympic Committee, Nike and Project Play of the Aspen Institute have put together a quick 30-minute course that will help you coach kids. Whether you’re new to coaching or someone who’s been at it for years, this course is for you.
Learn how to:
* Coach kids so they love playing
* Plan a great practice
* Keep kids safe
* Make sports fun
* Use teaching strategies to help kids learn
* Work with parents
* Get the most out of game day
The course offers videos, downloadable tip sheets and training activities to help anyone coach kids.
* Interactive exercises to help you be a great coach
* Video tips from coaches and experts
* Downloadable tip sheets and how-tos
* Practice planning ideas
* Drills and games to separate kids into groups, teach specific skills and keep kids moving
* Coaching resources from the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee and other experts
It doesn’t matter whether you coach basketball, baseball, tennis, hockey, swimming or football. Or maybe you‘re the grown-up in charge when kids are just getting active and playing. This course has the tips and tools you’ll need to make the experience fun for everyone.