- Hear live streams from hundreds of NPR stations: search by location (GPS) or zip code / call letters
- Listen to programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Talk of the Nation, Fresh Air, and Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me More
Great storytelling and rigorous reporting that informs, engages, inspires and surprises—from the ends of the earth to your own city or town—available to you whenever, wherever.
It’s public radio made personal.
*A handcrafted experience.*
NPR One starts with the latest headlines then moves to a flow of stories that matter—stories that increase your understanding, create connections, enrich your life and enliven your mind. All thoughtfully curated by hand, every day.
*You’re in control. Or not.*
Just pop in your ear buds, tap your phone and NPR One starts flowing. But now if you want to pause, skip ahead, rewind or share a story with friends, you can do that too. All from a simple app.
*Personal, not prescriptive.*
Though your stream is personalized to deliver the stories you want, you’ll still hear the top news of the day and stories you had no idea would captivate you. Journey around the globe and into the most interesting corners of your community—serendipity making your world bigger and smaller at the same time.
Even with the breadth of public radio at your fingertips, you won’t lose touch at home. Local news is woven seamlessly into your listening experience. Local stories, locally reported, are delivered daily. Community is everything.
- A personalized stream of NPR and local station news and stories
- Skip, rewind, pause and share
- Search for your favorite shows, stations and podcasts
- International, national, regional and local content
- A simple, intuitive interface
It’s simple. It’s intuitive. It’s there for you. (Wherever ‘there’ is.)
As fast as the world is changing the way it listens to public radio, NPR One is changing the way we deliver it. NPR is here to deliver the public radio experience wherever you are. Whenever you can connect.
Here we go. It’s NPR One.
*Photo Credit for Audie Cornish: Eli Meir Kaplan*
Make your life easier by allowing NPR Station Finder to find the closest NPR radio stations to you. All you need is an AM/FM radio and NPR Station Finder for those long road trips.
Rankings are based on the radio tower location and radiated power.
With home screen widget, your favorite radios/podcasts are just at the tip of your fingers.
This is ads supported app. With in-app purchase ads can be removed. There's no any functionality difference between ads supported and ads free version.
- Live streams from 300+ public radio stations
- Restart the audio play from where it is left before
- Pause/resume audio play on incoming phone
- Ability to skip the beginning part of the podcast
- Set your favorite radio station as alarm
- Sleep mode to turn off radio after scheduled time
- Play in background
- Download and play it any time you want
- Instance search as you type
- Ability to save download to SD card
- Ability to add new radio station manually
- Ability to add new podcast manually
- Home screen widget for easy play control and quick access
- Chromecast support
Note for users with Android KitKat or above:
If you just updated to KitKat and use the SD card as download location, please go to the settings of this app and reset the download location to SD card.
For Lollipop users: Lock screen widget is no longer supported by Lollipop. Please use the notification on lock screen instead.
PRI. Hear a different voice.
NPR's Science Friday®, with Ira Flatow. Tasty bytes - audio and video - of lively and thoughtful ideas with the experts, from Oliver Sacks to Jane Goodall, Francis Collins to Isabella Rossellini.
Pro version, 10x more global news stations, no mobile ads
- Hourly news headlines on-demand - top sources
- Live news, talk, and culture radio - 100+ great stations
- Top quality world broadcasters like BBC, NPR, CBC, RFI
- Programs in English (almost all)
- Quick and easy station changing
- See the reviews! "Wow, Brilliant, Fast, Fabulous, 100% 5 stars"
Simply swipe for many more stations.
Discover. Be surprised.
In addition to news radio, you'll find arts, culture, in-depth interviews, talk, spoken word, documentaries and music too. Curated and reliable with tested streams.
This is the only Android app focused on news radio with both hourly news headlines on-demand and live streams from multiple sources all in one easy to use package. If you find a quicker, easier way to "channel surf" live radio news on Android, let us know!
-- Headlines - On-Demand --
Radio station MP3 newscasts on the web that play in this *independent* app come from the top public broadcasters in the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, France, and Japan.
* BBC WorldService (UK)
* NPR - National Public Radio (US)
* CBC - Canadian Broadcast Company
* RFI - Radio France International
* SBS - Australia's SBS news
* NHK - Radio Japan
* VOA - Voice of America
* And more
No more waiting for the top of the hour to hear what's happening in the world. Play one or play all. No complicated podcast apps.
-- Live News --
In this "Pro" version we curate 100+ live radio news and talk radio streams.
Live streams are subject to change. Travel conversations around the world. Some stations include music with news/talk primarily in the morning local time.
This is an independent app not affiliated in anyway nor endorsed by these wonderful radio stations/streams. As of today, we play publicly accessible streams from the following live stations:
BBC World Service
National Public Radio – US NPR – Program stream
Minnesota Public Radio (American Public Media flagship station MPR)
Public Radio International - PRI - US
Australian Broadcasting Corporation – Radio National
KBS English - South Korea
World Radio Network - WRN – for North America – Over a dozen global “shortwave” broadcasters
World Radio Network - for Europe
BBC Radio 4
BBC Radio 4 Extra
BBC Radio Scotland
BBC Radio Wales
BBC Radio Ulster (Northern Ireland)
BBC Radio 5 Live
RTE 1 – Ireland
RTE 1 Extra – Ireland
PRX (Public Radio Exchange) Remix – US
Radio New Zealand National
Radio New Zealand International
Radio France Internationale
Voice of America – English
Radio Australia International
ABC NewsRadio – Australia
SAfm - South Africa from SABC
Deutsche Welle – Germany (multiple languages)
Radio Sputnik – Russia
Radio China International
Spectrum UK (w/Radio China International)
U.S. Public Radio News sampler with most *original local programming*:
- WNYC - New York City
- WHYY - Philadelphia
- WAMC - Northeast Public Radio, Albany, NYC
- WBEZ - Chicago Public Media
- WPR - Wisconsin Public Radio Ideas Network
- KQED - San Francisco
- KUOW2 - Global news mix, Seattle
- KPFK - Los Angeles Pacifica
- WBAI - New York City Pacifica
World English talk station sampler (commercial) - Canada, UK, Ireland, Spain, Jamaica, Bahamas, Nigeria, Israel, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore
Radio Hong Kong 3 (in English, mostly music)
BBC World Service (Low Bandwidth via Vermont Public Radio)
C-SPAN Radio and television audio
CNN News TV audio (in US)
NDTV news audio, India
Namibia National Service
Talk radio "sampler" - conservative radio, progressive radio, black talk radio
Sports talk radio sampler
This app brings the shortwave radio listening experience to your phone or tablet.
This application is powered by GTxcel, a leader in digital publishing technology, provider of hundreds of online digital publications and mobile magazine apps.
Public Radio Player has Chromecast integration, so you can stream your stories to the TV.
As a work in progress (and love), please contact me with features you would like to see added. Thanks!
Listen live to local stations!
With the KPCC Radio app, you won't miss a minute of shows like AirTalk, Take Two, The Frame and Off-Ramp, as well as national and international programming from NPR, BBC, and APM.
You'll also get access to on-demand audio archives, and news headlines via The Short List.