With the Insight Connect community, you see others around the world who are meditating with you - including your friends. There are over 100 groups for various practices to help you connect with others who share your spiritual path.
Insight Timer is the world's most popular meditation timer app. Insight Timer has been featured in US News & World Report, Forbes Magazine, Men's Journal Magazine, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and O, The Oprah Magazine.
* * * * * * * * * *
+ Now with guided meditations by some of your favorite meditation teachers - and yes, they're all free. Note that this feature is not available on older versions of Android (3.0 and earlier).
+ This app contains NO ads and it never has. You are only prompted to upgrade if you access a premium feature such as interval bells or presets. If you just want to use the basic timer with the one standard bell, you'll never be presented with an upgrade prompt.
+ You get a limited version of the timer with only one bell (and a woodblock). You can upgrade via an in-app purchase to get the full timer functionality with all 8 bells.
+ Includes an optional daily meditation reminder.
* The gong timer counts down the minutes remaining and notifies the end of meditation with one or three gong strokes.
* Additional interval gongs during meditation help to become aware of distractions and to focus inward again.
* Medigong respects your privacy and is free of advertising!
Example: Configure Medigong for a 45mins meditation session and the awareness timer for a 3mins interval. Every 3mins Medigong will sound a gong to help you to gain focused again. After 45mins Medigong will sound three times the gong to notify the end of the meditation session.
- meditation timer (1min - 24hour) for one or three gong sounds and with big display for the remaining minutes
- periodic awareness timer (1min - 24hour)
- preparation timer
- adjustable volume
- dimmable background
Medigong respects your privacy: The app does not require any internet access and is free of advertising banners!
Please note that if your phone doesn't have Android 4 or newer, it will still use the old version of the app.
Please purchase Contraction Timer Donate if you like this app. It also enables the ability to share your times in an emailed spreadsheet, and also enabled the Android Beam feature (Android 4+ phones with NFC only), so that you can instantly beam your times to another device—particularly useful when your partner comes home from work and takes over the timing operations!
Now comes with countdown widget!
It’s a countdown clock for birthday, retirement, cruise & trip, graduation, wedding and other exciting events that are happening around you.
Set up dates for your important events in the calendar and the timer will get you the exact number of remaining days. With My Day countdown timer it’s easy.
My Day counter is a great planner that notifies you about all these memorable moments that make your life interesting and exciting. Just wind up My Day clock and it will help you plan your life according to what you cannot miss.
Make sure your nearest and dearest receive your congrats and warm wishes for Birthdays. Your friend is getting married? Don’t worry! My Day calculator will notify you when to be fully prepared. A long-awaited trip is filling you with joy and excitement? Free countdown stopwatch is on! Let’s see how many more days you will have to crave for it.
My Day is utterly simple and boundlessly eventful.
Your event will meet all your expectations with beautiful wallpapers you can decorate it with. Don’t even doubt about that!
• Dozens of free wallpapers
• Notification settings
• Very simple to use
• Beautiful graphics
• Completely free without any limitations
To sum up, My Day is ultimate free countdown timer app.
Ticking Sound, Countdown Alarm and Lap Time functionality
Notification whilst stopwatch running in the background on compatible devices.
To save battery the application itself doesn't run in the background, but it simulates it using system events.
Designs by Marie Schweiz (http://marie-schweiz.de)
+Rich Hyndman on Google Plus, @geekyouup on Twitter
Open Source at http://android-ultimatestopwatch.googlecode.com
For those of you that preferred the old style, it is published at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.geekyouup.android.oldtimer
finger over the screen. Ranging from 1 second to 12 hours. Press the menu
button to get into the settings menu. Can also be used as shower timer.
App can be stored on SD-card.
User manual: http://qweqweq.com/applabs/nonpro.html
Listen to music as you fall asleep, watch TV using SlingBox, listen to the radio, watch a movie. Sleep Timer can stop all these and more from waking you up by turning them off while you sleep.
- Works with **video** as well as audio applications
- Customize what happens when the timer ends
- Stops music from playing instead of just turning the volume down
Note: Video applications do not need any actions for Sleep Timer to stop them. Try different actions with audio applications using the 1 minute timer to find an action that works.
Many audio apps do not have a "Stop" function; "Play/Pause" usually works.
To delete an application from the main list, long press and press delete.
Have Honeycomb or Ice Cream Sandwich? Try Sleep Timer for Android 3.0+!
There is a rare issue with the timer freezing. Still investigating the cause.
Currently available in spring themed edition.
This convenient timer has various time scales making it usable whether you want to bake a cake, need an egg timer, or are preparing a stew. Smart snapping makes it easy to set up.
This kitchen timer can run in the background. So you will have your phone or tablet available for other purposes. And when your dishes require your attention, you will be alerted by an adjustable ringtone or optional vibration.
★ Easy to setup, just swipe the disc.
★ Spring themed background imagery (optional)
★ Can be active in the background, you can keep using your phone or tablet
★ Wake the phone from its lock, or sleep, when the time has come
★ Override silent mode of your device (optional)
★ Time scales from seconds to hours to support all recipes
★ Selectable alarm tones & optional vibration
★ Designed to be used on phones and tablets, in portrait and landscape orientation
★ Can keep the screen on or dimmed, so you can see progress at a glance
★ Adjustable alarm volume (use the volume buttons)
★ Adjustable alarm duration
★ Can be installed on SD-card (on supporting devices)
Enjoy creating delicious dishes, with the KitchenPearl Kitchen timer!
my meditation helper
"Master your mind with everyday practice!"
ZenTime is an easy-to-use timer app designed to help your daily meditation practice.
★ Lite version
This is a LITE version with the core functionality of ZenTime. No advertisement. No expiration. Please enjoy.
★ Key features
Can create multiple presets
.with six different ringtones
.with time interval
Tag: "msurf lab", msurflab, timer, meditation, "zen timer", yoga, zen, helper, "insight timer", "meditation helper", zazen, "mindfulness bell", buddhist, mtimer, m.timer, "meditation timer", zentime
The application is easy to use as a single timer, and also has the option to use complete meditation schedules. Apart from that, the battery consumption is low.
Get the free Egg Timer - the only one that can boil multiple different eggs at the same time and uses the Android notification bar to keep you up to date.
If you like the app buy Egg Timer Pro which is Ad Free and supports App2SD.
In case of any issue or suggestion please contact the developer instead of just doing a bad voting!
Explanation of needed permissions:
Location information -
is needed to get the current altitude to calculate the boiling point. At higher altitude the boiling point is lower than at sea level.
is needed to keep processor from sleeping and screen from dimming if selected in the options.
Full internet access, Phone state and Network state are needed for advertisement. Those rights are not required by the Pro version of Egg Timer.
Train your mind, calm your thoughts, analyze them or get deep inner insight of yourself.
By meditating, your body heals faster, brain runs smoother, thoughts begin to organize themselves. You start to clarify your existence.
This is the app that gives you full control of your self development process. It is higlhy custamizable, programmable and userfriendly meditation timer, trainer and also sleep helper. The app helps you to regularly meditate, affirmate, comtemplate on the desired topic, fall asleep. Also encourages to do so by multiple useful functions, like defining own meditation sessions plans with different steps, categories, further analyzing statistics, history, creating notes.
Note: This is a free trial version of the app. In the description below it will be noticed which features are avaliable in trial.
Quickly choose between single mode or highly customizable meditation plans directly after application starts.
Make notes after each meditation's session. All of them will be stored in your history and statistic charts for further reviewing or editing if you want that.
Easy, fast and custamizable mode for quick setup of meditation.
What you can do:
- Set up the duration of meditation (Hours:Minutes)
- Swiff to choose the category between Meditation, Meditation with Affirmation and Fall Asleep mode.
Affirmation mode let's you to type and save the affirmation sentence you want to focus your meditation on.
Fall Asleep category has always given setup for quieting the each next time sound is playing. . It can be also used as a sleep helper.
Meditation Plans [*Full version feature*]:
- Programmable medtitation plans with as many programmable steps as you want to have in.
- What you can do:
- Create as many plans as you want
- Name and edit the plan title how and whenever you want
- Create any amount of steps you need for each plan
- Choose the category of meditation for each step
- Set up duration time for each step (Hours:Minutes)
- Edit every previously created step
- Delete step
- Edit current category step or it's duration from the main window of application (directly after it's started). So you don't have to click Plan Settings
icon all the time to do that.
Statistics: [*Selectable days avaliable in full version*]
- Zoomable and scrollable statistics, divided into 7, 30, 90, 365 days and 'Show All' selectable options.
- Each select mode displays overall amount of hours/minutes of meditations for choosen period of time.
History: [*Selectable days avaliable in full version*]
Browse all your previous medtitations with detailed information such as:
- Date, start and end time of meditation
- Category, note, affirmation, number of step, title of plan
- Edit previously created note or create one if you havn't done it yet.
- Delete history entry if you don't want to have it there anymore.
- Choose between 9 beautiful meditation sounds
- Or choose your own sound file from your phone storage. [*Full version feature*]
- Set up the preparation time
- Set up after how many seconds/minutes the sound should repeat.
- Turn on/off the sound looping.
- Turn on or off the functionality that makes each next sound quieter till the last one is the quietest.
- Do you want automatically repeat the plan after completing all it's steps? No problem, turn on this option.
- Check how meditation sound files sound directly from the settings window.
- Set up everyday notification time
Meditate - is Meditation Timer, Personal Trainer, Sleep Helper, Your way to happiness, self-development, enlightenment and relax.
Let's start meditate today.
Upgrade your life with Meditate - Meditation Timer
meditation meditate silence alarm bell ringer sound easy simple meditation timer meditate alarm silence alarm bell meditation timer meditate silence easy simple alarm bell ringer sound meditation meditate easy simple alarm bell ring silence meditate meditation easy fast simple
The widget is my implementation of Jerry Seinfeld's productivity secret (http://lifehacker.com/281626/jerry-seinfelds-productivity-secret):
"He said the way to be a better comic was to create better jokes and the way to create better jokes was to write every day. But his advice was better than that. He had a gem of a leverage technique he used on himself and you can use it to motivate yourself—even when you don't feel like it.
He revealed a unique calendar system he uses to pressure himself to write. Here's how it works.
He told me to get a big wall calendar that has a whole year on one page and hang it on a prominent wall. The next step was to get a big red magic marker.
He said for each day that I do my task of writing, I get to put a big red X over that day. "After a few days you'll have a chain. Just keep at it and the chain will grow longer every day. You'll like seeing that chain, especially when you get a few weeks under your belt. Your only job next is to not break the chain."
"Don't break the chain," he said again for emphasis."
The chain in this case is the number of consecutive days that you have hit your meditation target. The widget displays both the current chain, and the longest ever chain. Having this on my home screen motivates me to meditate every day. Your mileage may vary.
The bell sound in the app is by Jan McLaughlin at http://janmclaughlin.tv/.
More from developer
- Entire Pali Tipitaka, Commentaries and Sub-commentaries, as well as other texts
- Search and bookmark functions
- Pali-English dictionary resources, including the PED, CPED, CEPD, and DPPN.
- Instant dictionary lookup with declension matching by highlighting words in text (Android 3+)
- AccessToInsight.org English website integration and ability to bookmark ATI pages
- Pali-English quiz to test vocabulary
- - - - -
Android Tipitaka is based on the free and open source E-Tipitaka project by Sutee Sudprasert:
and is available as a forked project on github itself:
Tipitaka files are taken from the VRI tipitaka here:
On first run, the app will download the required database file (20+ MB). That's the only time it uses the Internet; there are no ads, etc. If it doesn't download the database properly, download the file here:
put it in your sd card directory and unpack it with a file manager.
Keywords: pali tipitaka buddhism buddhist buddha dhamma dharma canon tripitaka
Simple app for looking up Pali words in four different Pali<>English dictionaries.
Available dictionaries include:
CPED - Concise Pali-English Dictionary
CEPD - Concise English-Pali Dictionary
DPPN - Dictionary of Pali Proper Names
PED - Pali-English Dictionary
The app uses Velthuis input scheme (aa = ā, .t = ṭ, "n = ṅ, etc.).
Pali is the language of the historic Buddha:
and is the language of the Theravada Buddhist Tipitaka.
Standard QWERTY keyboard layout with Pali and Sanskrit diacritics and Pali dictionary (about 75,000 of the most common word-forms in the Pali texts).
Install AnySoftKeyboard first, and then select the desired layout from AnySoftKeyboard's Settings->Keyboards menu.
Note, you will need a special font to actually display the diacritics properly. Instructions on one way to do this are here (requires root):
This app is still in beta - please visit the support thread here:
Step 1: (Webmaster) Install the BuddyPress XML-RPC receiver plugin for Wordpress here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-xml-rpc-receiver/
Step 2: (Webmaster) Activate and configure above plugin via wp-admin under Settings->BuddyPress XML-RPC
Step 3: (App User) Add your website (root path, e.g. http://www.site.com/), username, and password to the Preferences screen in this app.
Once you have done these steps correctly, you should be able to interact with your BuddyPress activity stream.
- posts updates to stream
- view feed of latest updates with nested comments
- filter feed in various ways
- delete, comment on, and share posts via long-click on feed
- view user profiles by clicking on avatars
- view, delete, mark read/unread, and reply to private messages
- join and leave groups
- friend and unfriend
- send and read private messages
- allows importing plain text / links from other apps
- option to check for and show Buddypress notifications in notification drawer
This software is free and open source, under the GPL v3 license. For more info please visit: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
Source code is available on GitHub:
- Wordpress, Buddypress, Android, et al
- Koushik Dutta for URLImageViewHelper
- Jake Wharton for ActionBarSherlock
- Jeremy Feinstein for SlidingMenu
-- Records wav files to a customizable directory, with date and time stamps for file names.
-- Choose sample rate (8000, 11025, 16000, 22050, 44100)
-- Plays back last recorded wav file by default, but any wav file on the device can be played via the file picker.
-- Shows waveform for current wav file as background image.
-- Totally free and open-source; no ads.
Based on Public Domain Sound Recorder by Tim Hutt:
The app is useless by itself. In order to be useful, it requires an archive of Pali and English texts placed on your SD card. An example of such an archive is here:
- single click snippet to send to clipboard
- optional snippet label/comment
- snippet editing, deleting, reordering, sharing
- includes homescreen widget
- compatible with Samsung multiwindow mode
- backup and sync to Google account