Bodhi Timer is an elegant, minimalist countdown timer. It is designed mainly for use as a meditation timer but can easily be used for any similar purpose.
Set the time via the clock icon in the top left. You may set presets by choosing a time then holding down on one of the three preset buttons.
You may alternatively use speech to set the time by long-pressing the clock button. (These behaviours can be swapped via the preference screen.) To set multiple timers using speech, separate using the word "again", as in "five minutes again ten minutes"
Pause / resume via the button in the bottom left, and stop the timer via the button in the bottom right. The top right button is the preference button.
You may add a timer widget to your desktop via the App Drawer, or on your lockscreen (Android 4.2+).
Animation may be toggled between an image and one of four circle animations, chosen from the preferences screen.
Bodhi Timer is based on the free and open source TeaTimer by Ralph Gootee:
It uses Android's built-in notification system to trigger the alarm, which means it works even when your device is asleep.
- minimalist full screen UI, no clutter
- uses scroll and fling gestures to set the time
- set up to three presets on the time chooser
- add timer widgets to the home screen and lock screen
- option for timer auto-repeating
- option to set multiple consecutive timers via the "adv" button
- speech recognition via long-press on clock button (set multiple timers separated by the word "again")
- displays two animation types: fade in static image (defaults to Bodhi leaf) and animated circle
- option to use custom image for fade in
- four themes for the animated circle: three colour themes and a draw in Zen Enso (brush circle)
- includes five meditation timer sounds (Burmese bell, Tibetan bell, Tibetan singing bowl, Zen gong, and bird song)
- option to use any ring tone as timer sound
- option to use custom sound file as timer sound
- vibration and LED blinking options
- free and open source: https://github.com/yuttadhammo/BodhiTimer
- licensed under the GPL 3+: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html