Based on the measurements performed, the application assigns the size of the user's face to one of five sizes described as: small, short-wide, medium, long-narrow and large. These sizes are defined in ISO / TS 16976-2: 2015 and ISO 16900-5: 2016.
The main task of the application is to make it easier for potential end users to correctly match the appropriate type of half mask to the individual dimensions of the face, previously classified into one of five sizes, and to indicate examples of commercially available half mask models of the appropriate size from the database included in the application, which does not exhaust all available solutions.
After the measurements and the selection of the size of the half mask to the user's face, this choice should be verified using one of the commonly available methods of assessing the degree of fit of the face piece of respiratory protective devices.
The application works in offline mode. The photos taken and the measurement data are not stored in the app or saved in any way.
The application contains the MENU that includes basic information on the following topics:
• proper SELECTION of Respiratory Protective Device
• basic information on PROTECTION FACTORS of RPD
• proper MAINTENANCE of Respiratory Protective Device
• HALF MASKS DATABASE
HOW TO USE THE APP:
1. Language selection
The application is available in two languages: Polish and English. Select the required language.
Remember - the app is not a substitute for an individual half mask adjustment or anthropometric measurements, it's just a support tool!
The application cannot be treated as the basis and the only tool for selecting a half mask according to the dimensions of the user's face.
The author and publisher of this application are not responsible for decisions made under the influence of (based on) the information provided by the app.
3. Face measurement
In order to correctly measure the face, the following requirements should be met:
• the face should be free of facial hair
• you should stand in a well-lit place so that the face is properly illuminated, without shadows
• the face and head should be completely uncovered - without glasses, headscarves, hats, etc.
• the face should be directed towards the camera so that it fits entirely on the screen
• the phone should be held in an upright position without tilting it sideways
• keep your facial expressions neutral when taking a picture
If the above-mentioned rules are met, you can perform the measurement.
Afterwards wait for the application to calculate and assign the size of your face to one of the five sizes according to ISO / TS 16976-2: 2015. These sizes are described as:
4. Half masks database
The database contains the following information:
• half mask name / type,
• size of the half mask according to ISO / TS 16976-2: 2015 - see NOTE below
• manufacturer's name and website address
• picture of the half mask,
• date of update of the half mask entry.
NOTE: The size of the half mask has been assigned to one of the five sizes of the head models according to ISO / TS 16976-2: 2015 and ISO 16900-5: 2016 based on breathing work tests carried out according to ISO 16900-12: 2016 - this is not the size indicated by the manufacturer.
5. Leaving the application
When leaving the application, you can send your friends the link to the download source via social media.