(55:1) The Merciful One (55:2) has taught the Qur-aan, (55:3) has created man, (55:4) and has taught him articulate speech.
The Qur-aan, a miraculous revelation of Allawh upon Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon Him) serves as guidance for all mankind. It is mandatory for all Muslims to learn Qur-aanic recitation in Arabic along with its translation. Qur-aan- E-Kareem is an elegant, self-help android application for color-coded Qur-aan and transliteration in English based on Tajweed, especially aimed at beginners. The key goal of this project is to ensure that every person (even with minimum reading competency in English) can learn to recite the Qur-aan most efficiently, irrespective of his or her educational status.
Transliteration (aimed at non-native speakers) refers to adapting text from one language to another using the alphabet of the second language, while attempting to represent the characters accurately. Tajweed is the practice of correctly articulating words in the Arabic Language whose significance could not be overemphasized as it preserves the correct articulation of words as recited by the Prophet (Peace and Blessings be upon Him). In this app, the Qur-aanic transliteration style applied is different from conventional ones in order to imitate Arabic pronunciation as closely as possible, while implementing Tajweed rules. Therefore, all readers are strongly advised to study the transliteration and Tajweed rules chart prior to recitation.
Exclusive features of this Transliteration
1. Color-coded offline Qur-aan and transliteration in English according to Tajweed rules (directly implemented in transliteration)
2. Each word hyphenated between syllables, intended for beginners in Qur-aanic recitation to facilitate correct pronunciation
3. Large fonts and clearly spaced Qur-aanic Verses to enhance readability (Indo-Pak style Qur-aanic font for Arabic verses)
4. Simple transliteration style summarized in Transliteration chart (supported by audio clips)
5. Summarized Tajweed rules chart and directory of symbols used in transliteration
6. Indexed Soorawh and Paarah/Juz names for direct access;
7. Khawtmul Qur-aan Duaas for successful completion of Qur-aanic recitation
The Qur-aanic transliteration is not intended to be a substitute for the original Arabic text, but a transitional aid for beginners through the learning process. The Qur-aan must be recited in its original language – Arabic. No other language may serve as its equivalent due to incompatible phonetic systems and the reward associated with reciting transliteration will not be the same.
Let this app be the stepping stone to success in your life and hereafter, elevating your position in Deen and Duniya through the accomplishment of one of our duties as Muslims i.e. reciting the Qur-aan daily. Constructive feedback is genuinely appreciated. Always remember us in your Duaa !
Quraan,Quran, Al-quran, Al quran , kareem, karim, Majeed, Quraan, Qur-aan, Quranic, Quraanic, Qur-
aanic, Grammar, Tajweed, Transliteration, Holy Quran, Koran, Surah, Soorah, Soorawh, para,
paaraa, paarah, juz, color coded